Chapter 3

Can't go back home

About a week later, I was allowed to go home. The only bad part was, Ally and I didn't have a home. I hugged the three members of FTisland that I knew, since the other two I hadn't met yet. I walked out the hospital doors to the real world, and I squeezed Ally's hand as I left them. "They were nice, Jamie. I liked them," she said quietly.

"I know," I answered sadly. I didn't want to leave my friends behind, even if Hongki was the only one whom I could see everyday.

"Wait! Jamie! Stop!" I heard one of them yell. I turned to see Hongki out the door, Seunghyun and Jonghoon following. I came over to him and hugged him one last time.

"I'll miss you, Hongki," I told him, but he pulled away and smiled.

"Jamie, I have an idea! You can come live with us! It's the least we could do, and you don't have a home," he said happily. I frowned because I knew that it wouldn't work out. "Jonghoon and Seunghyun are okay with you, and your poor little baby sister, Ally....." he said, looking down to Ally sadly.

"I'm not a baby, I'm seven years old!" Ally replied quickly.

"Please, Jamie. Manager-hyung won't care! We have a guest room!" Hongki told me. I was understandably reluctant towards this concept.

"Okay, fine, but only for a little while, Hongki," I said hesitatedly. I got in his car, which Jonghoon was going to drive.

When we arrived at the apartment, I saw the other two boys in the band. Jaejin had shorter hair than Seunghyun, but basically the same style, and high cheekbones, sorta like a movie star. Minhwan, the drummer, had puffy cheeks and long black bangs down to his squinty eyes. Jaejin didn't seem too happy with my presence, and Minhwan looked like he couldn't care less.

"Don't mind them, they just don't know you," Hongki whispered in my ear. I nodded and Seunghyun took me to my room. I brought my and Ally's bag we packed when we planned to run away. Seunghyun started to walk out.

"Seunghyun, could you stay in here with me?" I asked quickly. I wanted to stuff my words back in my mouth, but they had already come out. He paused for a moment and took a look at me. The broken, beaten down girl without a real family except for her little sister. He didn't know that, though; he only knew that his hyung hit me with his car. "Please?"

"Okay, Jamie. I'll stay with you," he said with a smile. I loved his smile because it was so cute and happy.

"Thank you," I said shyly. "Did Hongki tell you yet?" I asked, referring to my dad.

"Tell me what? Is there something I should know?" he asked, concerned. I sat on the bed and gave him a weak smile.

"I guess he hasn't, then," I answered, losing my smile. "Seunghyun, after my mom died, my dad brought Ally and me to Korea. We learned that our dad was always drinking, and when he got mad, he beat us. Two years later, here we are, we ran away from home the other day," I said, feeling hot tears rolling down my cheeks.

"Jamie, are you okay?" he asked, but I shook my head.

"Well, do you want a hug?" I nodded, letting Seunghyun wrap his arms around me. I felt secure with him, yet so small, as if I could curl up in a ball and forget the world around me. I wanted to rest my head on his shoulder, but then I would be too pushy, right? I did it anyway, though.

"Jaejin and Minhwan don't like me, do they?" I asked quietly.

"They'll warm up to you, I promise," he answered. "Jamie, it's been such a long day, why don't you and Ally go to sleep?"

"Okay. We will, after we unpack. Tell the others not to bother us, okay?" I requested, pulling away from him. He nodded.