Chapter 4

Can't go back home

Ally and I unpacked our clothes and things into the drawers and went to sleep. Well, Ally slept, but I only listened to the arguments outside the door. They were all about me and my little sister.

"Hongki! How could you let her stay here?! Did you even ask Manager-hyung?!"

"Jaejin, please stop! You'll wake her up! And she is so sweet, and her little sister is precious, she isn't a bother at all!"

"What will Primadonnas think of her? And just wait until she starts getting all moody! You know how girls are! Just imagine living with one! We don't need her!" Jaejin shouted out. At this point, it was impossible not to hear them. I opened my door silently to peek through.

"Jaejin, now I know she can hear you! Keep it down!" Jonghoon angry-whispered.

"You barely even know her, hyung! You know we're too busy anyway!" Minhwan piped in. "You didn't think about that, did you?"

"Jamie?" Seunghyun noticed me looking at them through the door. The rest of them looked at my door, finding out that I had watched. I opened the door and went to stand next to Jonghoon.

"It's okay, guys. I'll just pack our stuff up again and go back to beatings and watching my little sister cry. I hope you'll be happier without me," I said sadly. Jonghoon hugged me.

"Please don't leave us, Jamie. I promise you Jaejin and Minhwan will be nicer to you. Go back to sleep and get some rest," he said, kissing me lightly on the forehead. I nodded and went back to my room.

"Wake up, Jamie," I opened my eyes to see Seunghyun's happy face. "Hongki made breakfast."

I got dressed and went out to see Ally playing with Jonghoon, Jaejin, and Minhwan. Of course they love my little sister. Just not me. "I see someone has made some new friends," I said to her.

"We must've woken her up this morning. I'm sorry," Jaejin said. I smiled, and if Ally was my ticket to being friends with them, I'm quite alright with that.

"It's okay. Who needs sleep anyway?" I said quietly. "Where's Hongki?"

"He went to go get some stuff," Jonghoon said quickly. "Does she know Korean?" he asked, pointing to Ally in Jaejin's arms.

"Yep, so be careful what you say around her, Jonghoon," I said mischieviously.

"When should we tell the Primadonnas?" Minhwan asked. They all looked at each other.

"Who are they?" Ally asked.

"They're our fans. Do you think we should tell them?" Jaejin asked worriedly. I felt uneasy about the idea because I know media would have a ball with it.

"Guys, I can see the new headlines now. 'FTisland has a new girlfriend, or maybe she's there for affair,' And what if our dad finds out about us?" I asked. Ally seemed to care more than anyone else that her daddy might find her.

"Jamie, I don't want to get beaten anymore," she said with fear.

"See, if we tell them, we're both going to die," I responded.

"Jamie, don't you think you're overreacting a little bit? And Primadonnas are awesome, I love them all," Seunghyun said with food in his mouth. The other three looked over to him. "What? Why are you all staring at me?"

"Don't talk with food in your mouth, Seunghyun," Jaejin said.

"Yeah, Jonghoon-hyung says it's bad luck," Minhwan said, smiling. Seunghyun rolled his eyes, and I could tell he somewhat believed Minhwan because he swallowed before talking again.

"No it's not. You're making it up. Jonghoon isn't superstitious," he answered.

"Yeah, I know. But you stopped." Minhwan said sneakily. I giggled.