Chapter 12

Can't go back home

I lied in my bed after I got dressed. My wet hair was clinging to me and it was so annoying and cold, but I felt as if I couldn't care less. "Hey," I heard someone say.

"Go the f*** away or I'll stab you with a pen," I replied violently. I wanted to just call my friends and complain about everything. I loved complaining to them. They were all supportive and helped me, even if their problems were way worse. The best part: they would listen.

"I just want to help, Jamie. I'm sorry," Seunghyun said. Of course it was him, the one who left me to dance with another girl. The one who didn't care. The one who didn't listen.

"Jamie isn't here. Leave a message at the beep," I said quietly. Notice how I didn't give the beep at the end.

"Jamie, I'm an idiot. I shouldn't have left you with him-"

"You shouldn't have left me at all! I wish I had never listened to you!" I yelled at the door. I burst into to tears right then and there, but I didn't want any Seunghyun, so I locked the door.

"Jamie?" I heard Ally's small voice. "Can I come in?"

"Sure, but only if you don't let one of those bastards in," I said, unlocking the door. I allowed the small girl to come inside, but I slammed the door in Seunghyun's face. The door didn't close. Oh my god, what happened to it? I opened it and found Seunghyun's foot in between the door and the frame.

"Ow! Why would you do that?!" Seunghyun yelled. I gasped.

"Seunghyun! I'm so sorry!" I responded. He looked at me with pain in his eyes. The same eyes that would only stay tender and light-hearted had turned to pain.

"I can take a hint. Sorry I bothered you," he said, removing his foot and limping to the couch. I slammed the door again and cried to myself. Ally left to go help Seunghyun. I suddenly remembered Jaejin's hateful words from when he first met me. "Just imagine living with her! We don't need her!" Well, he was right. No one needs me, and I'm basically a burden to the whole band.

"Why can't I go back home? At least there, I know someone would care if I were there," I told myself. "Please let this be a strange dream and I'll wake up in my bed."

"Jamie!" Jonghoon called. I curled up into a ball and buried my head inside, as if it could make me lose hearing and I wouldn't have to go. "Jamie! Come here!" he called again. Daddy. I tried so hard to forget his words and voice, but it all came back in a painful clash. This made my eyes water even more, and I hugged myself tighter. "Jamie!"

The door opened and closed. There were no words to let out of my mouth, only the tears from my eyes. But Jonghoon wouldn't see them; my ball was tightened so no one could loosen it but me. The only sound was of my breath. Daddy was going to hurt me again, but I was clever this time and hid in the corner next to the dresser, so he couldn't see me. "Jamie, where are you?" My silent, deep breaths were replaced by short gasps of air. "I can see you now. Come out from there," he said. I unraveled myself from my secure ball and stood up. I was a broken mirror; I no longer reflected beauty, but only regret and pain.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I didn't know...." I sputtered. He motioned me forward, so I obeyed. Jonghoon was going to either hug me or break me. Neither of which mattered to me anymore. He let out a sigh.

"It's okay, Jamie," he replied. He came over and held me in his arms. I wanted this security forever, so I would never have to face the dangerous and horribly real world around me. Jonghoon my hair gently while he shushed my crying. "It's okay. I'm here, shhh. Stop crying. You're okay," he murmured sweetly. I hugged him back tightly and buried my face in his shirt.

"I'm sorry," I whimpered silently. He kissed my head and continued to hold me.

"No. You shouldn't be. As long as you're okay, that's all we care about," his sweet voice told me. I shook my head.

"I'm going to break you guys apart. Ally wouldn't hurt you, but I can. You should just throw me out now, so I don't break anyone else's foot," I said in a shaky voice.

"Seunghyun is fine. Hongki, Jaejin, and I are all worried about you. Why don't you come out of here?" Jonghoon asked me.

"Because I like it in here. It's nice and solitary," I said with a sniffle. He chuckled lightly and let go of my body.

"Oh, come on," he replied, taking my hand and pulling me out. I had to show myself to Seunghyun, who was now lying on the couch with an icepack on his foot. Jonghoon's hand slipped out of mine, leaving me to face the pain I had given to Seunghyun. You did this to him. You're just as bad as your father. I felt tears sliding down my cheeks.

"I am so sorry," I whimpered. He looked at me in confusion.

"Why? It's okay, Jamie. It doesn't hurt that bad anymore," he replied with a small smile.

"But I hurt you. I'm just as bad as my dad," I choked out. I couldn't breathe; the lump in my throat was blocking my airways.

"Jamie, it's my fault. Please don't be mad at yourself," he said. "Are you okay?"

My head started hurting, but that was a minor annoyance compared to my throat. I suddenly felt like I could throw up, but I wouldn't do it. It was only for the uncomfortable feeling to control my actions. "I, I'm fine," I responded. I rubbed my temples and winced.

"Are you sure?" Jonghoon asked. I covered my mouth to prevent potential vomit from coming out. My head hurt so bad, and I couldn't see a thing. Every thought in my head was asking if I would die or not, so I collapsed on the ground when I was too weak to stay standing. Or conscious.

___________________________________________________________________

I got a little stuck, so this happened..... Anyway, thanks for reading another chapter and I hope you stick around for the next one! I love you guys ^-^ Subscribe and comment! Hashi Konata Fighting!