Chapter 13

Can't go back home

I woke up on the couch of the living room. It was probably midnight since it was horribly dark and I was alone. I got up and proceeded to walk over my room door, but I realized that I was still wobbly from earlier. So I decided to go back to the couch. I sat on the edge and curled into a ball. I closed my eyes and slept.

"Wake up, Jamie," someone whispered. My eyelids fluttered open to reveal Jaejin, so I gave a small smile.

"Good morning, oppa," I replied, sitting up.

"Why don't you go get dressed? We're going to practice today and we want to take you with us," he said. I nodded quickly and left to my room to get dressed. When I got out, Hongki was the only one left.

"Come on, Jamie. Let's go," he said happily. Why was he being so nice? I left to go to the car, where Jonghoon and Seunghyun were both sitting. I didn't want to talk to either.

"Where are Minhwan and Jaejin?" I asked Hongki smiled at me, but he quickly looked back to the road.

"Jaejin and Minhwan left early. They took Ally with them," he answered. Great. The only two I actually wanted to talk to were already there. I crossed my arms and didn't talk for the rest of the time.

When we got there, I actually went into the band room this time. I couldn't deal with staying outside and getting weird looks from everyone else. As they started playing, I sat in the corner, away from the band. I could still hear every note and every word perfectly. I closed my eyes and hoped to sink into the floor and just listen to it over and over again.

It ended. I opened my eyes when there was no more music to be heard. I left the band room and leaned against the wall with my arms crossed, waiting for it to end. I finally saw some of the members leave. Jonghoon and Seunghyun left with Ally. I would've gone home with them, but I wanted to stay true to my promise of not talking to them. I just stood, waiting for the others, but Minhwan, Jaejin, and Hongki were taking forever.

"Come on, guys! You're taking so long!" I yelled through the door. I left the building to the dark and rainy outside world. I waited for them there in the rain. "I can't believe them. My little sister is probably inside, asleep, and here I am," I said to myself. I looked up at the night sky for the first time in a while and noticed that there weren't as many stars here as my dad's house. Probably because there weren't as many lights. "I guess the stars forgot about me here. Just like the others," I told myself sadly.

"Annyeong, noona!" I heard one of the guys say. I turned, but before I could, I felt him hug me around my waist from behind. I blushed from being flustered. None of the guys would hug me around the waist.

"Who is it?" I asked playfully. I didn't want to turn and see who it was because that would ruin the fun. My head leaned back and rested on his chest. 

"Guess," he said happily. Let's see: he was playful (Seunghyun), loved hugging me (Jonghoon), and I was his noona (???). Who called me noona?

"Is it Hongki?"

"No."

"Jaejin, is that you?" I let out a giggle.

"No! Of course not!"

"Minhwan-oppa!" I squealed excitedly. He giggled a little and let go, so I turned around right away and linked my hands behind his neck. "Hello, Minhwan-oppa! How are you today?" I questioned energetically. He smiled at me.

"I'm perfect, noona," he answered.

"I am, too. Now that you're here," I said. I could stay in the rain with him forever, staring into his smooth brown eyes. He leaned forward slowly, and so I did, too. I closed my eyes and felt his lips pressing against mine. It felt so effortlessly perfect. It wasn't a pity kiss, and it wasn't a make-you-smile kiss, and it wasn't a goodnight kiss. It was the perfect type of kiss, only made for the right people. I only stopped because I couldn't stop smiling. I looked up to see that apparently he couldn't resist smiling either.

And in that moment, I realized that

I loved him.

I didn't love Seunghyun, like I thought I would. I didn't love Jonghoon, even if his hugs felt so securing and sweet. I didn't love Jaejin, though he made me feel so much better if I cried. I didn't love Hongki, even though he let me stay with FT island. I loved Minhwan. We couldn't stand to be in the same room as each other at first. But I, Jamie Shin, the girl without a home or family, have fallen in love the maknae.

"Hello!" I heard Hongki's voice and my entire froze. I looked over slowly in shock to see a smiling Hongki. "No! You guys were so sweet!"

"Hongki-hyung, I beg of you, please don't tell Jaejin and the others," Minhwan pleaded. Jaejin appeared.

"No need, I already know. I filmed it," he said with a smile, holding up his phone. I rolled my eyes because of course he filmed us together. Hongki punched him in the arm.

"Jaejin, please don't tell the others," I said. He nodded, went to the car, and got in. Hongki followed, but I wanted to stay with Minhwan. I took my hands off his neck and allowed to take one of them, and I started walking to the car. When we got in the car, I knew I could've stayed with him forever.

____________________________________________________________________________________
 
Hi! Oh my god.... I'm so glad I chose Minhwan. IT'S SO CUTE OMO!!! This turned out so great! I can't believe this worked yay!! Thanks for sticking around for this long! Hashi Konata Fighting!