The Seventh Chapter

Turning Page
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Seventh Chapter

 

Sehun couldn’t help but gape at the girl standing in front of his doorstep. Did he hear that right? She was going to move in with him? Is she crazy?

 

“I know this is a lot to process because it’s unbelieving that your wish just came true.” She tapped his cheek with her left hand. “But for now, let me in ‘coz I’m so tired and I really just want to lie in bed.” She stepped forward to get inside but Sehun stopped her by the arm.

 

“What do you think you’re doing?” He glowered at her. Now that he was past the shock, his mind was able to function again.

 

“Going inside our apartment.” She replied matter-of-factly.

 

He pulled her back outside. “There’s no way I’m letting you live with me. Now, grab your stuff and leave.”

 

“Is that the way to treat your beloved girlfriend?” Daesom acted hurt. But truthfully, she expected this and was secretly enjoying Sehun’s reactions.

 

Sehun answered by going back inside and slamming the door at her face. She was appalled. Getting thrown out was one thing; slamming the door at her face was another. No one had ever dared to do that to her. She gritted her teeth in annoyance.

 

“You did not just slam the door at my presence, Oh Sehun! Don’t you have any manners?” Sehun heard Daesom shout as she pounded her fist on his door.

 

“Serves you right.” He muttered. He wasn’t going to let her have her way on things. He had lived alone for many years now and that wasn’t going to change ever. He didn’t know what came over that woman’s mind that would make her think that he would let her live with him.

 

Can’t she see that he despised her? That he didn’t want to do anything with her? Why was she pushing herself too much on him? Is she too full of herself that she can’t feel how he hated all of this? They were not suited to be together. She loves attention; he swore not to care for anyone else anymore. That should make it clear for her that he won’t ever concede to her whims.

 

He was taking out some juice from his refrigerator, ignoring Daesom rallying outside his apartment, when the house became silent. Maybe the neighbors got annoyed of her and took her to the police. Or maybe she got tired of abusing his door and stormed away. Either was fine with him as long as she was gone.

 

Then, he heard some beeping sounds. It was coming from the security lock on his door. He got alarmed. There’s no way she could have –

 

Soon after, the door opened and Daesom came waltzing in, pulling her luggage with her as if she already owned the place. Someone tell me this isn’t happening. Sehun can’t help but wish to wake up from this nightmare.

 

Daesom heaved a deep sigh as she faced Sehun who was now standing in the middle of his living room. “I tried to be the gracious girlfriend so that you can welcome me in your humble abode but you just had to be the rude one.”

 

“How the hell did you get inside?!” He hollered at her. He didn’t care if the neighbors would be disturbed; he was furious with this girl.

 

“I asked Chanyeol before coming here. I know you’re not letting me inside that easy so I prepared my own ways.” She responded with nonchalance, seemingly unbothered by Sehun’s growing loathing.

 

He made a mental note to kill Chanyeol later but for now he had to get rid of this girl. “Get out of my house before I’ll drag out you out by myself.” He threatened direly.

 

“I don’t know what’s wrong with me staying here. We’re going out and I have no place to stay so the least that you, my boyfriend, can do is to let me live here.” She stated like it was the simplest solution to the world’s problems.

 

“You have your own apartment, for Pete’s sake! Why are you pestering my life like this?” He ran a hand through his hair in exasperation.

 

“I can’t stay there. I don’t want to be alone.” She said with a blank face.

 

That was another difference between them. He wants to be left alone. “Well, there’s no way I’m going to let you stay here, either.” He strode off to her and grabbed her luggage. “You have your friends. Go live with them.” He pulled it back outside. “Leave.” He said sternly.

 

Daesom just stared at him for a few seconds. He was about to drag her outside when she spoke, “Why are you pushing people away from your life?”

 

“I am not obliged to answer that.” He plainly replied.

 

She remained silent for some time, looking like she was weighing Sehun’s answer and her options. Later on, she said, “Well, you’re right. That works best for me anyway.”

 

He got confused by her words. She was shamelessly barging into the privacy of his life yet she’s saying that he who pushes people away works best for her. Isn’t she contradicting herself? “You still have to leave.” He calmly told her now.

 

Her brows knitted. “Look, can’t you just let me sleep here for a few days?”

 

“No.”

 

“Why are you being so stubborn?”

 

“You’re the stubborn one.”

 

Daesom clenched her jaws. She clearly doesn’t like it if she was the one at a disadvantage. She walked out of the apartment with her head held high, harshly grabbing her luggage from Sehun’s hand. “Fine. I’m leaving.”

 

He went back inside and saw Daesom turn to him just as he was about to close the door. “You don’t mind if I stay with Kris instead, do you?”

 

Sehun froze for a millisecond, preventing any kind of reaction to come out from him. He tried to suppress that feeling of wanting to snap something rude at her for mentioning her arrogant ex-boyfriend. “As long as you leave me alone, I don’t care.”

 

Daesom smirked. “You’re saying that but I know it irks you that I’m going back to Kris.”

 

“Don’t get too ahead of yourself, Jung Daesom. You mean nothing to me.”

 

“I mean nothing to you and yet you took care of me when I got drunk. You got pissed when you found out that I spent the night with Kris just a few days ago, Chanyeol told me.” She crossed her arms on her chest and arched a brow challengingly. “Aren’t you contradicting yourself, Mr. Oh?”

 

Sehun wanted nothing more but to get Daesom out of his sight because her words were exactly right. It was too late when he realized that his actions towards her were unbecoming of him. He didn’t know when he started to be like this but he won’t let it drag further on.

 

“Don’t let those things get too much on your head. You’re assuming too much.” He just said before closing the door. When he did, he leaned against it and closed his eyes. Just what the heck was happening to him?

 

He didn’t hear her say anything more or sensed any signs of Jung Daesom outside his apartment so he assumed that she already left. He went back to his kitchen and started eating breakfast. But he had already lost his appetite because all that he could ever think of was her face, showing that catatonic expression which was in contrast with her words that held more meaning inside.

 

 I can’t stay there. I don’t want to be alone.


Throwing his plate to the sink, he decided to just spend the rest of the day at the tea shop.

 

-

 

“You’re here early, Sehun. Don’t you have to practice today?” His manager kindly asked him when he arrived at the shop.

 

He just shook his head no and went to the staff room to leave his things. He found Minji inside, typing something on her phone. Hurt registered on her face when she saw him, but she concealed it almost immediately and pretended like he wasn’t there. He minded his own business, too, and went back outside to start his shift.

 

He knew his day was taking its turn for the worse when Jongin and Chanyeol came to the shop with Daesom’s friends. He didn’t bother to become discreet with the murderous look he was throwing at Chanyeol.

 

“Why the hell did you give her the passcode to my apartment?” He asked with contempt.

 

The tall guy hid behind Jongin when they got near the counter. “Please, don’t kill me, Sehun.” He pleaded.

 

Jongin chuckled.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter