The Thirteenth Chapter

Turning Page
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Thirteenth Chapter

 

Shock was evident on Sae Hee’s eyes as she looked at Sehun right now. Sehun was frozen to the spot and unable to say anything. A thousand memories from the four years he was together with her flashed before his eyes. Starting from the first day they met, how he fell in love with her, those days they spent together in bliss, up to that day when she decided to leave him in pieces. He felt his anger rising again and he tried to restrain himself from hurting her.

 

Meanwhile, Daesom instantly recognized the girl in front of them. She noticed the tension in the atmosphere and Sehun’s stiffness beside her. “So this is Sae Hee.”

 

The other two snapped back to reality and turned to look at Daesom. Sae Hee blinked her eyes at the unfamiliar girl beside Sehun. “You.. know me?”

 

“Of course.” Daesom answered in a sweet tone that was so unlike her. “Sehun told me about you. I’m Jung Daesom, by the way, his girlfriend.” She held out a hand.

 

Sae Hee seemed to hesitate as she eyed Daesom’s outstretched hand but she shook it, albeit reluctantly. Daesom smiled cordially, but Sehun knew she was faking it.

 

Sae Hee turned to Sehun again. “You told her about me?”

 

It was Daesom who answered. “Sehun tells me everything.” She wrapped her hand around Sehun’s clenched fist and gave it a light squeeze.

 

Sehun looked at Daesom, who was still acting friendly in front of Sae Hee. Her gesture seemed to calm him down a little. It was like she was telling him, ‘It’s alright. I’m here.’

 

Sae Hee disregarded Daesom’s answer and fixed her eyes on Sehun. “Sehun, I know this is sudden, but can we talk?” She asked. “Alone, if you don’t mind.” She added and sent a quick glance at Daesom.

 

Daesom restrained herself from cocking an eyebrow and throwing a biting remark towards Yang Sae Hee. She let go of Sehun, ready to grab Sae Hee’s hair if needed. But she was surprised when Sehun’s hand reached out for hers and intertwined their fingers. His grip on her hand was tight, telling her not to leave him.

 

“I can’t.” He finally found the strength to speak. “I still have to go somewhere with Daesom. We’re leaving first.” He said unemotionally and turned to leave with Daesom.

 

“Sehun, wait. Please.” Sae Hee took hold of Sehun’s arm. “Don’t leave.”

 

Daesom didn’t bother to keep up with her friendly act and shot Sae Hee a scathing glare. She was about to snap at the girl but Sehun spoke first.

 

“You were the one who left first. I don’t have time for you anymore.” His eyes were hard and cold that made Sae Hee flinch. She let go of his arm almost immediately and averted her gaze.

 

“I’m sorry.” Sae Hee said in a whisper with a voice that seemed to be breaking.

 

He didn’t reply and left the store with Daesom. He continued walking away from the place without an idea where he would go. He just wanted to stay as far away as possible from Yang Sae Hee before he could lose control of himself. Seeing her again reminded him of how she broke him two years ago. The pain was still there and it made him miserable for the past years. He trusted her the most, but she chose to betray him.

 

Daesom just silently followed him. She just let him pull her to wherever he was going. They were straying far from Tao’s beach house but that was the least of their concerns.

 

It was probably five in the afternoon already and the sun was preparing to set down. Sehun stopped walking when they reached the seashore. They were probably the only ones at that part of the beach. His back was on Daesom, who was still not saying anything.

 

A few moments more, she walked around to face Sehun. His eyes were directed at somewhere else with his face registering nothing. However, he got startled when he felt a hand on his cheek. That made him look at her.

 

Daesom was gazing up at him with a soft expression on her face. She usually appeared cold and conceited in front of everyone so that was the first time he saw her like that. She gently caressed his cheek and quietly said, “It’s your turn to cry now. It’s alright.”

 

Sehun didn’t know what to do for a moment. But after awhile, he lowered down his head and closed his eyes. He felt a pair of arms wrapping around him and held him close. Automatically, his arms circled around Daesom, too, and he embraced her like his life depended on it.

 

He never cried in front of anyone ever since his life started to become a mess, but right now, he wasn’t able to stop himself. Beyond the anger and frustration he felt because of Yang Sae Hee was the pain of betrayal. He was discarded like trash, left alone and bruised. He loved and trusted her, but Sae Hee chose to hurt him.

 

Two years ago..

 

A year had already passed since his mother died. That day marked her first death anniversary and Sehun just visited her grave from the cemetery. Up until now, he still couldn’t accept her death. His mother was the only one he considered as his family.

 

He went straight to Sae Hee’s house right after. She was supposed to come with him that day but she wasn’t able to make it. His girlfriend was not feeling well so he went alone. He wanted to make sure she was alright. He worried a lot because for the past days, he noticed that something changed in Sae Hee.

 

Sehun had to admit that he grew distant from her ever since his mother’s death. He was truly devastated that he wasn’t himself for weeks. But he was thankful that Sae Hee continued staying by his side and understood what he was going through.

 

Sae Hee was the only person he had left now and he knew he should take care of her more. She helped him get through the darkest moments in his life and he didn’t want her to give up on him. He wouldn’t be able to take it if he would lose her, too.

 

He had a spare key to her house so he didn’t bother ringing the doorbell. Sae Hee was already used to him coming over frequently. The house was quiet when he got inside. Her parents were probably still at work and she was in her room. He closed the front door carefully, in case Sae Hee was asleep. He brought with him a box of red velvet cupcakes which was her favorite.

 

Sehun was halfway up the stairs when he heard some noise coming from Sae Hee’s room. He reckoned that she was awake so he took silent steps to surprise her. The door was slightly open so he peeked in first to see what she was doing.

 

But what he saw made him frozen to the spot. He felt like he was being stabbed a million times as he saw Sae Hee, kissing another guy on her bed. No, it wasn’t just kissing; they were practically eating out each other. He heard her moan through the kiss, a sound very familiar to him but right now, another man was eliciting that sound from her. He was too shocked that he just stood there, unable to do anything.

 

Suddenly, the unknown guy pulled away from her and in between pants, he said, “You know, you should be with your boyfriend right now.”

 

“Oh, forget about him. He’s busy crying over the death of his cheating mother.”

 

The guy chuckled. “You’re really one mean . Why don’t you just break up with him?”

 

“My stupid parents like him since he has a lot of money. We’ve been doing this for months already, anyway.”

 

“You’re right.” The guy cupped Sae Hee’s face for another kiss but even before he could do anything, Sehun had already stormed inside the room. He dropped the box he was holding and grabbed the guy by his collar. Sehun landed a hard punch on his face.

 

The guy stumbled on the floor with a bleeding nose and Sehun was about to punch him again but Sae Hee screamed at him. “Stop i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter