The Tenth Chapter

Turning Page
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Tenth Chapter

 

Sehun moved past the nurses and patients inside the hospital. He didn’t care if he was already shoving them aside and he didn’t even spare some time to apologize. He just wanted to get to where Daesom was and see if she was alright. After the nurse from the reception area informed him of her location, he rushed to the third floor.

 

Due to his hurry, he forgot to ask what happened to her or how she was doing. Well, he would know it by himself as he reached her room. He opened the door, only to find Kris first, talking to her doctor. They were standing beside Daesom, blocking his view of her so he wasn’t sure if she was alright.

 

The doctor turned to leave and that was when Kris saw him coming in. Kris’ face darkened as he saw Sehun standing by the door. The former took quick strides towards him and Sehun was caught off guard when Kris took hold of his collar and harshly yanked it.

 

Kris’ glare was menacing. “You should be the one taking care of her! Why did you let her go out in the streets at this hour?!”

 

Sehun kept his face blank as he stared back. He won’t defend himself because Kris was right. Even if Daesom was a pain in the neck, he never should have let her go out because she was still a girl. “Is she alright?” Was all that he replied.

 

Kris scoffed. “Now, you’re being concerned for her?” He let go of Sehun but he continued to scowl at him. “I never should have let her stay with you. You just put her life in danger by –“

 

“Kris, stop it.” That familiar voice echoed inside the room and Sehun turned to look at her on the bed. She planted her hands on the bed to sit up and leaned against the headboard. Her face was ghostly white and there was an IV attached to her left hand.

 

Kris immediately ran to her aid. “You should sleep more, Daesom. Take a rest.”

 

Even in her state, she still managed to roll her eyes at him. “I’m fine, Kris. It’s just a fever.”

 

“It’s not just your fever, Daesom. You should worry more about –“ Kris failed to continue his words because Daesom shot him a sharp look. There was a silent conversation between them as they looked into each other’s eyes and Sehun suddenly felt a sickening feeling at the pit of his stomach. Somehow, he didn’t like the idea that Kris knew her more than he does.

 

“Are you just going to stand there?” Sehun was taken aback when Daesom suddenly turned her attention to him.

 

He took steps towards her hospital bed, ignoring Kris’ glare at him. As he got closer, he noticed that she didn’t look fine at all. Her usually pink lips were chapped and lacked color in them, the bags under her eyes darker, and the rest of her face was paler than it already was. But her eyes had a different look on them. They were usually cold, lacking of any emotion. Right now, he could almost say that she was glad to see him there.

 

“Kris, could you leave us alone for awhile?” She requested of the taller guy beside Sehun.

 

“No.” Kris replied stubbornly.

 

Daesom gave him a pointed look. “You’re going to leave or I’ll tell Zi Tao that you –“

 

“Fine, fine. I’m going. But I’m watching you.” He warned Sehun before going out of the room.

 

When Kris had left, only an awkward kind of silence enveloped the both of them. Sehun had no idea what to say to her. Should he ask what happened to her? Or should he apologize first? She didn’t look like she was in any danger so should he just leave now?

 

“I fainted on the streets after I left your apartment.” Daesom suddenly spoke. She was turning her face away from him. “Guess I really was sick.”

 

“I told you, you shouldn’t have cleaned the house.” He quietly replied.

 

“Yeah. Maybe you wouldn’t have thrown me out either.”

 

“That picture –“

 

“Don’t worry.” She cut him off. “I’ll never ask about it again. Just forget about my drawing that you saw.”

 

No. That wasn’t what he wanted. He felt like he could tell her about Sae Hee and he also wanted to know who that guy was. But judging by the way Daesom was shutting off the topic, it seems like she would never tell him who it was.

 

“I’m fine now so you can leave. Thank you for coming.” Her voice was void of any emotion and it irritated him.

 

“Is that really what you want?” He asked through clenched teeth.

 

She didn’t answer immediately. She still wasn’t looking at him and it infuriated him more. “Yes. Just leave my things for the meantime at your place. I’m going to get them as soon as I find other places to stay. For now, I’ll go back to Kris’ apartment.”

 

Sehun’s hands balled into fists. So, she finally decided to leave him alone, huh? That was what he wanted from the day he met her, right? She was finally getting out of his life. But why did he felt like screaming at her for that? It was almost as if.. he didn’t want to cut ties with her. He already got used to her presence that hearing her say those things makes him mad. And why did she have to stay with Kris when she could just be with him?

 

But he never voiced out those things. He still has his pride. Maybe that was a good thing. He could finally go back to his old life without her.

 

Sehun just gave a nod and his heels. That would be the last time that he would talk to her, he decided. There was nothing between them anyway. And even if there was, it was all over now.

 

“Aren’t you going to say something?” He heard her say just before he could open the door to leave.

 

There were so many things he wanted to tell her, to ask her. But none of it was needed right now. “Take care of yourself.” He said before going out and closing the door behind him.

 

Sehun wasn’t surprised to see Kris standing just beside the door. “You’re leaving already?” The latter asked him.

 

He nodded. He was about to go but Kris said something more. “You were the first one she looked for when she woke up. Just thought you would like to know.”

 

Sehun froze for a second but he willed himself not to be affected by it. She doesn’t concern you now. He told himself. He didn’t bother responding to what Kris said and walked away from that place.

 

-

 

On Wednesday night, Sehun found himself at a club with Jongin, Chanyeol and some other people whose names he didn’t bother remembering. His shift ended early at the tea shop and his friends came just in time to invite him to come. Usually, he would refuse but that night, he didn’t feel like going home yet.

 

Sehun lazily watched the people dancing on the floor. He couldn’t help but think that the last time he was here, a certain girl came to see him and declared that he was her boyfriend. He took his vodka in one shot to wash away those annoying thoughts.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter