The Fifth Chapter

Turning Page
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Fifth Chapter

 

Her lips were bittersweet. The taste of alcohol lingered on , causing the bitterness but he couldn’t quite point what made them sweet. There was one thing he was sure though. She could kiss him for hours and he won’t even complain. She was addicting, intoxicating.. like something that was bad for you but you can’t stop yourself wanting for more.

 

He badly wanted to kiss her back, to hold her close. But his mind was warning him not to cross that line. He couldn’t deny now that he was definitely attracted to Jung Daesom. From the time of their little moment back at the field, in the deepest part of himself, he craved for her.

 

It would be better if it was just something physical, but that wasn’t all he wanted from her. She made him curious and even if it doesn’t show, he had always wanted to know what was going on inside her head.

 

Interest comes along with attraction and then he would start to care for her, be concerned for even the most trivial things in her life, that could further lead to something he didn’t want to think of. Or rather, feel again.

 

As those things ran inside his mind, Sehun gently pushed Daesom away. He was relieved that he was able to keep himself under control. She groaned softly in complaint when their lips lost contact.

 

“You didn’t even kiss me back, Sehun.” Her eyes were half-closed and it was obvious that she was struggling to keep herself awake. The alcohol had taken its toll on her. Just how much did this girl drink?

 

“You’re drunk so you should go home now.” He scolded her.

 

“Huh? What?” She cupped one of ears and leaned closer. He forgot they were at a club and it was hard to hear each other because of the deafening music.

 

“GO. HOME.” He worded, loudly enough for her, but she just answered with a giggle.

 

“That’s impossible. I have no home.” Something flickered on her eyes right after she said that, was it sadness? But it disappeared immediately so it might be just his imagination. “But.. you can take me..” Her body started swaying from side to side and her eyes were almost closed. “.. home.. with you.”

 

Sehun had caught her before she could shove her face on the floor. He tried to get her up but she had fallen unconscious already, while murmuring something he can’t quite comprehend.

 

“Yah, Jung Daesom, wake up. Or I’ll leave you here.” He shook her arms but she didn’t budge. She completely leaned her weight on his chest so he was planning to carry her to where her friends are.

 

At that moment, the crowd in front of them parted to make way for someone who stopped on his tracks when he saw the both of them.

 

He was slightly taller than Sehun, his hair dyed blonde, with a face that didn’t look Korean. Worry was written all over his features as he looked at the girl Sehun was holding in his arms.

 

“Daesom.” The man called out softly as he went closer. “I’ll take it from here.” He told Sehun.

 

He was about to let the man take care of Daesom but the latter suddenly stirred and slapped the man’s hand away. “Get away, Kris. I don’t need you.” Her voice was clear despite the alcohol on her system.

 

So this is Kris. Sehun mused in his head. Kris’ forehead creased and tried to take hold of Daesom again. “Come on, Daesom. Let’s go home. Stop destroying yourself like this.”

 

Daesom pulled away her arm from Kris and clung to Sehun instead. She gripped his shirt tightly and he could feel her body shaking. “Leave me alone, Kris. Just please go.”

 

Kris’ jaws hardened as he continued to stare at Daesom. Sehun wanted nothing more but to get out of that scene because everyone stopped what they were doing and watched them now.

 

Finally, Kris decided to give up. He heaved a deep sigh and turned to Sehun. “Please take care of her.” And with that, he left with the same path he took to get there.

 

Daesom had fallen asleep in his arms judging by her breathing but her hands were still wrapped tightly on his shirt. He unclenched her fists and put an arm behind her knees to carry her. He supported her back with his other arm and she snuggled closer to his chest.

 

The crowd started minding their own business again. His eyes surveyed the place to find her friends and he found the two of them on one table. He made his way to their place as Daesom continued to sleep.

 

“You did good not letting Kris take her.” Jae Hee said when he approached.

 

“I didn’t do anything.” He responded nonchalantly. “Take this girl home. She’s drunk as hell.”

 

“You should be the one to do that. You’re her boyfriend.” Blondie pointed out and grabbed a purse on her left. “And you have your car. This is Daesom’s. I think your keys are inside.”

 

Sehun clucked his tongue in annoyance. Her friends were clearly drunk, too, so he couldn’t trust them to take the girl home. This was such a pain. “Just tell me where her home is.”

 

“Canada.” Jae Hee answered. Sehun glared at her. “What? That’s where she’s really from. Her family’s there. But then she followed Kris here in Korea and they started living together. However, they broke up so Daesom’s been hopping from place to place ever since.”

 

“Sometimes, she sleeps at our place. But then, she doesn’t like staying anywhere for long.” Blondie added.

 

“Then why don’t you just take her with you?” He said, irritated.

 

“I have a visitor tonight.” Jae Hee replied meaningfully and Sehun didn’t want to hear what it was about. “Daesom would probably hate you if you take her to this place, but you have no choice. Unless, you want to take her to your place.” She smirked at him.

 

“Just tell me where that darn place is.” Daesom wasn’t that heavy but his arms are starting to get tired.

 

“I’ll send you the address so just enter it in your GPS.”

 

-

 

Sehun stopped his car in front a modern-styled apartment. It wasn’t far from where he lives but it was the first time he got around that area. He looked at the girl sleeping on the passenger’s seat. He didn’t care if she would get mad because he brought her here. There was no way he was going to let her say at his place.

 

Apparently, it was Daesom’s apartment. Her parents bought it for her when she moved to Korea but for some reason, she didn’t like coming here. That was what Jae Hee told him. The lights were off at the place and it gave off the aura that no one has lived on it for years.

 

Her friend also sent him the passcode to get inside the house so he didn’t have to wake Daesom up. He’ll just leave her to sleep inside then he would leave.

 

After half-dragging Daesom to what he guessed was her bedroom, he tucked her under the covers of her bed. He decided to just let her sleep and leave the apartment. But her hand suddenly reached out and grabbed the hem of his shirt, preventing him to go.

 

“Stay.” She murmured.

 

Sehun was just going to ignore it because he didn’t want to spend the night with her, but he sensed something wrong with her voice. He looked back at her. The light from her lampshade illuminated her face and he saw something glistening down her cheeks. She was crying. Her hand that was clutching his shirt was shaking and her body was producing tremors.

 

A tiny sob escaped her and Sehun felt something squeeze inside him. He removed her hand from him, only t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter