The Sixth Chapter

Turning Page
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Sixth Chapter

 

“You’re Oh Sehun, right?” He asked. “I’m Kris Wu. Can we talk?”

 

Sehun gave a long look at the man standing at his side. He didn’t have to guess what Kris came here for. But he didn’t know if he should be talking about Jung Daesom with a guy who was possibly the reason why Daesom barged into his life.

 

He gave a nod and turned to his drink again. Kris took the seat beside him and ordered a drink for himself. He was supposed to have a quiet night. He wasn’t expecting to have chitchat with her ex-boyfriend. Well, maybe he could ask Kris how he managed to get rid of Jung Daesom from his life.

 

After Minseok gave Kris his drink, he started talking. “You must be surprised that I came to approach you.”

 

“Not really.” Sehun deadpanned.

 

“I’m sure you already have an idea what I want to talk about.” Sehun didn’t reply, so Kris continued. “How long have you known Daesom?”

 

Since his first year at the university? But they never talked after the first day of school though. They never bothered about each other’s existence until that last day of summer vacation. Daesom never stopped pestering him since then. “Just recently.”

 

“I see.” Kris looked thoughtfully at his glass for a moment before speaking again. “And how long have you two been going out?”

 

“We’re not going out.” Sehun replied quickly.

 

That made Kris chuckle. “I had a feeling you would say that. I’ve heard that she just forces you out of your will. She’s always been like that; doing what she wants and making sure those things would go her way.”

 

From the way Kris talked about Daesom, Sehun could say that the two had been together for so many years; possibly almost their entire life. There was a certain fondness to it and Sehun remembered those times when he harbored the same feelings for someone. He immediately disregarded the thought and quietly listened to Kris.

 

“I think Daesom.. is genuinely interested in you.” Kris said that casually, but Sehun thought that he was trying to hide a negative feeling there. “She saw something in you that made her set to have you no matter what. You’re unlike those previous guys she just used to keep me at bay.” There was a long pause before he said, “And I must say I’m starting to hate you for that.”

 

Sehun’s expression remained unfazed but he must admit that he was taken aback by that statement. “I’m not interested in her.” He took a swig of his drink, trying to wash away the tightness inside his chest when he said that.

 

“Yes, right now, you might not be. But that case might change completely tomorrow.” Kris had already finished his drink and he was gripping the glass tightly in his hands. “I still care about her. A lot. But she’s pushing me away and it’s killing me.”

 

Sehun placed the glass down and turned his attention completely to Kris. The latter met the former’s gaze whose eyes don’t give away any emotion at all. “Aren’t you quite an , Mr. Wu?”

 

Kris eyes’ widened a bit. “I beg your pardon?”

 

Sehun scoffed mentally at Kris’ politeness with words. “Weren’t you the one who left Daesom and made her become like this? Now you’re chasing her to get her back?”

 

Kris looked confused at first but realization sank in later on. Soon after, his lips formed a smirk and that irked Sehun even more. “I guess she doesn’t trust you enough to tell you the truth. Or she doesn’t see any need to.”

 

It was Sehun’s turn to be confused and he waited for Kris to continue.

 

“That’s what everyone else knows. That’s what she tells everyone to justify her actions.” Kris moved the stool back and stood up from his seat. “Daesom was the one who decided to end our relationship without a proper reason why. She left me hanging so I won’t let her go until she tells me the truth. I’m going to get her back and unless you admit you have feelings for her, Mr. Oh, please don’t get in my way.” His tone was intended to threaten Sehun but he didn’t feel an ounce of fear.

 

Kris was looking down at him and he hated that more than anything else so he met the former’s gaze with the same intensity. “What will you do if I have feelings for her then?” He was sure he didn’t have any of it towards Daesom, but he wanted to challenge this cocky bastard.

 

The atmosphere between them became heavier than it already was. Kris narrowed his eyes at the younger guy but he regained his composure and answered in a clear voice. “Then it’s for Daesom to choose.” He his heels, not bothering for any words of parting, as he made his way to the door and left the bar.

 

Sehun snorted when he left. “Yeah, right.” He muttered to himself. “As if she would get to choose.” The day that he would fall for Jung Daesom would never come. He had to make sure of that.

 

“That was some serious talk.” Minseok was suddenly in front of him, cleaning some glasses. “You should have fought more for your girl though.”

 

Sehun frowned at him. “You shouldn’t be eavesdropping on your customers, hyung.”

 

Minseok chuckled. “I could hear you two clearly from there.” He paused from wiping the glass and eyed him curiously. “So, is this girl worth it?”

 

Sehun gave him a blank look. “She’s not even my girlfriend. And I don’t like her.”

 

“Interesting. But for you, she’s definitely worth it.”

 

“I never said –“

 

“That’s what they all say.” Minseok looked at him like he knew something Sehun didn’t. “And then before you know it, you’re willing to dedicate your whole life to her.”

 

He scoffed. “Only fools do that.” He got up from his seat and took out his wallet to pay. After he settled his bill, Sehun left the bar.

 

Minseok shook his head with a smile. “Then I think you’re going to be the biggest fool of them all, Sehun.” Working in the bar for years, he had already encountered different people with different faces matched up with different personalities. Sehun was one of them and being a regular customer for two years, he knew right ahead that something was changing inside his reserved friend.

 

-

 

It was the same dream again.

 

Sehun didn’t have this one for months, but he instantly realized that it was back again. He wanted to wake himself up and pull him out of this memory but his subconscious was getting dragged along the events and he couldn’t do anything. It was like he had no other choice but to relive this moment over and over again.

 

The temperature was at its hottest again that afternoon but it was expected for a day in summer. He was walking home from dance practice and despite having his shirt changed earlier, he was getting sweaty again. He grabbed his water bottle from the bag and drank from it to lessen the heat inside his body.

 

He didn’t feel like going home yet but Jongin and Chanyeol had other plans for that day. He wondered if he should call his other friends to hang out and took his phone out to start dialing some numbers.

 

But he remembered that his mother might be waiting for him to come home early. A day had just passed and even though they tried to keep things as sane and as normal as possible, there was still that feeling that things won’t be the same anymore.

 

He crossed the intersection when the light turned green and walked amongst the people in the street. He heard some people complaining the same thing as him: about how the weather was freakishly hot today and that school will start again after a few days.

 

The path became silent as he turned to where their street was. He was only a few blocks away from their house when his phone rang. He fished it out of his pockets and a smile graced his lips when he saw the caller ID.

 

“Sehunnie!” She greeted him warmly over the line.

 

“Sae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter