The Fifteenth Chapter

Turning Page
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Fifteenth Chapter

 

Sehun didn’t know what came over him when he crashed his mouth with Daesom’s. He was frustrated at how she was pushing him away and he didn’t want to hear anything more of her warnings. He took hold of her shoulders as he molded their lips together and he felt her stiffen before him.

 

Daesom was surprised by Sehun’s sudden move. But even if she was already aware of what was happening, she refused to kiss him back. She planted her palms on his chest to push him away but her hands felt weak. Sehun didn’t like her resistance so he bit down her lower lip to part her lips for him.

 

She hissed by his harshness but her reluctance was slipping away from her already. She opened and answered his kiss, making Sehun smirk. His pace turned slow and he kissed her with more passion now. He wanted to convey how strong his feelings are for her, how much he wanted to take care for her, how he longed for her to just stay with him.

 

Until he felt something trickling down his cheeks. He sensed something was wrong so he unwillingly pulled his head away from her. His chest tightened when he saw her eyes glistening with tears. She looked helpless and he didn’t understand why.

 

“Daesom..” He called out softly.

 

“Stop making it so hard for the both of us. Please. It’s not going to do us any good.” She pleaded in broken voice before she stood up and left.

 

Sehun quickly followed after her. He grabbed her hand when he got close and spun her around to face him. “Goddamnit, Daesom! Why can’t you just tell me what’s going on with you? I can’t understand a thing!”

 

“You don’t need to understand, Sehun.” She said in a barely audible voice. “You’re just going to get hurt.”

 

He stared at her hard. Nothing would come out of her even if he forced her to. Her eyes were determined to hide everything from him. He took her hands in his and tugged to pull her towards him. She closed her eyes to avoid his gaze as he got rid of the distance between them.

 

“I honestly don’t care about that anymore.” He murmured into her hair. “You said you’re leaving soon but it doesn’t have to be now, right? So for the remaining time, just stay by my side.”

 

Sehun thought she was going to push him away again but Daesom nodded instead. Even if it was only for that time, his heart became at ease.

 

He still had to time to convince her to stay.

 

-

 

Sehun woke up by the sunlight streaming inside his car window. He instantly felt his back ache from sleeping in such an uncomfortable position inside his car. But he could ignore it as he saw Daesom’s sleeping face that was lying on his chest.

 

They were both too tired to walk back inside Tao’s beach house so they decided to sleep at the backseat of his car. Memories of what happened just a few hours ago flashed inside his mind. He had fully opened himself to her and he should be afraid; but he regretted nothing. It was funny how just a few weeks ago he hated her guts. But right now, he can’t seem to let her go. Was he already in love with her? He wasn’t sure but maybe.. it was going that way.

 

He studied her pale face closely. She looked thinner than the last time he saw her and even her make-up can’t conceal well the bags under her eyes. Her pointed nose and her bangs gave the impression of Daesom being a snobbish , which was partially true, but she was so much more inside. She didn’t look perfect, but she was beautiful to him.

 

Her eyebrows crinkled as she stirred awake. Her eyes fluttered open and she looked up at him. “My head’s throbbing.” She mumbled.

 

“I think you drank too much last night.” He commented.

 

Daesom pushed herself up and massaged her forehead. “Are you going home already?”

 

“Hmm.” He hummed in response. “Come with me.”

 

She cocked an eyebrow at him. “You’re too clingy, do you know that?”

 

He just answered with a shrug and she sneered. “I’ll just wash my face and grab my bag inside.”

 

Sehun watched as Daesom went back inside Tao’s beach house. It was a bad thing that he was becoming too attached to her especially that she won’t be staying for long. But he can’t stop himself anymore. She was the only one who tried breaking down his defenses which wasn’t done even by his friends. True, she had her own selfish reasons because she needed him but what struck him was that she never gave up.

 

And yet now that he had accepted her in his life, she had plans of leaving.

 

What am I going to do with you, Jung Daesom?

 

-

 

It was past noon when they arrived back in Seoul. Sehun pulled over in front of his apartment and nudged Daesom who was sleeping at the passenger’s seat. She fell asleep again as soon as they left Gangneung. She looked so tired and weak but it was probably because of hangover.

 

She groaned when he started shaking her awake. “We’re here already?”

 

“Yeah. Now get up or I’ll drag you back inside the apartment.”

 

“Carry me instead.” She opened her eyes and batted her eyelashes at him.

 

“You have feet so put them to use.” He said before going out of his car. He may have opened himself to her but he was still not an easy guy she could boss around.

 

Sehun was already in front of his door when he sensed something wrong. He turned the knob and he froze in shock to find out that it was unlocked. , was he robbed?

 

He quickly went inside to see if the culprit was still there and to check his things. Everything was still in place but he heard some rustling from the kitchen. He was about to grab something for self-protection but then a head peeked into his living room and he instantly recognized who it was.

 

“What are you doing here?” Sehun growled. “And how the hell did you get inside my house?”

 

Luhan fully stepped in his living room; his expression unfazed by Sehun’s hostility. “Chanyeol gave me your passcode. You escaped from the trial yesterday so I decided to meet you here when you come back. The judge let it pass but the next time would be your last chance, Sehun.” Luhan answered sternly.

 

“How many times do I have to tell you that I don’t give a damn about that money?” Sehun snarled in retort. He made a mental note to finally kill Chanyeol for always giving away his passcode.

 

“You’re going to lose this apartment, too, Sehun. How are you going –“

 

“I’m going to find a new one then. I’ve been working my for the past two years because I swore to myself that I’m not going to touch that filthy money. Let those sharks have it; I don’t care. Now, leave.” He commanded in a deadly tone.

 

“What’s going on in here?” Daesom suddenly came inside the apartment. She gave Sehun a puzzled look before turning her eyes to the intruder.

 

Sehun noticed how Luhan’s eyes widened a bit as he saw Daesom. There was a hint of recognition in them but it was quickly gone for Sehun to be sure. “Is she your girlfriend?” Luhan asked in a detached tone.

 

“That’s none of your business, Luhan.”

 

“It would be rude if I don’t introduce myself to her.” Luhan crossed the room towards them. He held out his hand in front of Daesom. “I’m Luhan, Sehun’s old friend and family lawyer. You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter