The Fourteenth Chapter

Turning Page
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Fourteenth Chapter

 

Sehun just stared at Daesom’s phone in his hands. Jung Daehyun was still calling, but he didn’t know what to do about it. A large part of him wanted to answer the call, but something in his mind told him not to. He was thinking of how Daesom would react if she found out that he answered the call from her brother. But he couldn’t deny his curiosity over this guy whom Jung Daesom fell in love with.

 

Daesom’s face suddenly flashed across his mind; how gentle she was earlier when she comforted him after meeting Sae Hee again. She was starting to trust him like how he was slowly opening up himself to her and he did not want to destroy whatever was between them right now. He was going to ignore the call and put it back inside her purse when a large hand suddenly snatched it from him.

 

Sehun looked to his side and saw Kris Wu giving him a piercing glare. “What are you doing with Daesom’s phone?”

 

He didn’t answer. Kris glanced at the phone and his eyes widened when he saw who was calling. He swiped the screen to answer it and pressed it against his ear before leaving the room, perhaps to look for a quiet place.

 

Kris knew Jung Daehyun personally so it was probably alright that he answered the call but Sehun couldn’t help but grew angrier with the guy. It still wasn’t his call to take.

 

He got startled when someone appeared at his side. He whipped his head and saw that Daesom was back with a pronounced frown etched on her face.

 

“I just saw Kris here with you. What did he do? Did he say something?” She queried.

 

Sehun stared at her for a few seconds before he answered. “He took your phone.”

 

“What?” Her eyes narrowed at him. “Why did you let him take it? And why did he?”

 

“Your brother, Jung Daehyun, was calling you.”

 

Sehun saw how Daesom’s shoulders tense when she heard the name. Her eyes slightly widened and she seemed to freeze like a statue for a moment. “I.. I need to go.” She managed to utter through trembling lips before shifting her body to leave.

 

He caught her arm. “Where are you going?”

 

Daesom’s eyes looked troubled as she avoided his gaze. “Kris might tell him. I couldn’t afford for him to find out.”

 

“Find out about what?”

 

She did not answer and twisted her arm away from his hold. She squeezed in the crowd to look for Kris and Sehun went to follow her. But she was soon lost from his sight as people started blocking his path. He didn’t understand a thing that Daesom meant but the panic on her eyes were evident. He was worried for her.

 

Sehun cursed because of how big Tao’s beach house was. Just how many corridors and rooms were there? On his way, he bumped into Chanyeol and his band mates who were preparing to perform later.

 

“Hey, hey, Sehunnie, where are you going?” Chanyeol stopped him by the shoulder. “We’re going to play soon. You should watch.”

 

“Did you see Daesom?” Sehun asked instead.

 

Chanyeol looked taken aback by the question. He rubbed the back if his neck. “No. Sorry, pal. Why? Did something happen?”

 

Sehun shook his head and was about to go when one of Chanyeol’s band mates spoke.

 

“I think I saw her earlier talking to Kris sunbae-nim.” Byun Baekhyun answered.

 

Sehun turned to look at him. “Where?”

 

“Upstairs. It was the hallway on the left, I think.”

 

Sehun immediately looked for the stairs. He took two steps at a time and walked to the left. He saw two couples around, both making out, but there was no sign of Daesom or Kris. He saw that the room at the end of the hallway was slightly open. With a strong gut feeling, he went closer.

 

He heard hushed voices talking, sounding like they were arguing with each other. He sneaked in at the side and true enough, it was Daesom and Kris. He could only see Kris’ face since Daesom had her back on him.

 

At first, he couldn’t hear what they said so he strained his ear closer. Then Kris suddenly raised his tone. “He needs to know, Daesom! Your family needs to know about this.”

 

“Oh, you know my parents don’t care about me! And Daehyun oppa.. already has problems of his own. I don’t want him to think about me.”

 

Kris’ jaws hardened. “You can’t stop him from worrying. And I know that he’s the only one you need right now.”

 

“Just shut up, Yi Fan. Why don’t you just go back to Canada, too?”

 

Yi Fan? Was that Kris’ real name? Sehun mused inside his head as he continued to spy on the two. He watched as the expression on Kris’ face turned soft as he looked at Daesom.

 

“I can’t leave you here. I can’t leave while you’re trying to destroy yourself like this.”

 

“I can never return your feelings, Yi Fan.”

 

“I knew that right from the start. I never demanded for you to reciprocate it.” Kris cupped her face in his hands and pressed a kiss on her forehead. “Just let me stay with you.”

 

Sehun quietly left the place before he could even get caught. Something was wrenching inside him after he watched Daesom and Kris. Kris loved her unconditionally even though he knew that Daesom would never look his way. But the guy was still luckier than Sehun was because he knew more things about her.

 

While he was still trying to open up the doors to know who Jung Daesom really was.

 

-

 

It was already near midnight but the party was still in full swing. Sehun lost track of how long he stayed at that part inside the house. It was just a day but he felt like a year had already passed by. He also lost count of how many drinks he had. But only one person remained inside his mind.

 

“Hey, Sehun. You’re still here?” Sehun didn’t need to look who it was.

 

“Go away, Jongin.”

 

“I can’t leave you just standing there like some monument. Is this still about Sae Hee?” Jongin asked.

 

An empty chuckle escaped from him. “If you hadn’t mentioned her, I wouldn’t even remember that she still exists.”

 

Jongin’s brows rose up. “Then, is this about Jung Daesom?”

 

At that, Sehun didn’t answer.

 

“She’s outside, you know. Tao is starting a game at the beach. You should join.”

 

“I’m not interested in games.”

 

“Kris is there with her. You should at least take her back.” Jongin told him before making his way outside.

 

-

 

Sehun can’t clearly remember the reason why he decided to go outside and join Huang Zi Tao’s little game. The first people he saw were his friends, Jongin and Chanyeol along with his band mates, Jae Hee, Blondie and some people he didn’t recognize. Lastly, Jung Daesom was also there, seated between Kris and Tao.

 

He sat down beside Jongin, making him face Daesom who was across the circle. Her eyes were blank as their gazes met before she turned her face away to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter