Family gathering

Submissive Husband-to-be Sequel!!!!!!!!

TOP's POv

 

I couldn't let go of Bom's hand once we went inside. I already saw some familiar figures from afar. I could hear the sound of some instruments playing in the back ground. I could also hear the sound of laughter mixed in with the sound of chattering. This seems harder than when taking my exams. I have to be a man now. It's nothing drastic…that's what I keep telling myself.

 

I feel like I would just laugh at myself once I'd get home after this. I'm getting all scared like a puppy in front of people that I've met before just because I want to announce my engagement.

 

I felt a squeeze on my hand which made me look to my side. Bom gave me another smile and leaned up to my ears.

 

"You'll be alright," her encouraging words made me smile. I definitely can't hide anything from her. Then an idea came up in my head. There's nothing wrong with taking advantage of this situation.

 

So I leaned back towards her and asked, "Maybe a kiss can help me relax."

 

Her eyes widened a little and smirk formed on her face. She didn't do anything but just looked at me with her smirk and an eyebrow raised. I started to pout hoping that it might convince her more to do this little request.

 

"Mwauh!" She kissed my cheek and that cute sound made me all tingly inside that I couldn't help but smile wider.

 

 

"Ew," that familiar voice broke me out of my thoughts and made me come back to my reality. I saw Bom's cute cousin holding some kind of drink with a straw just below her lips. There was the adorable and unpredictable Hayi looking like a doll as always.

 

"Unnie, can't you wait until the party is over to be all over each other?" she smirked at us as she left after her comment. She made us blush like crazy.

 

I cleared my throat and then Bom and I finally stepped forward towards our family.

 

 

"Ah! There's my daughter and Seunghyun," I see Bom's father with his arms wide open. His sudden announcement made everyone around him turn towards us. I could only smile. I saw my parents to be the people that were surrounding her father.

 

"It's great to see you dad," Bom said.

 

"Hi uncle," I shyly stretched out my hand to shake the man's hand but he just pulled me in for a hug.

 

"No need to be so formal Seunghyun. It's a family event. Lighten up a bit," he said.

 

I chuckled and said, "of course."

 

"You're looking beautiful tonight Bom," my dad commented and my mother just enveloped her in a sudden hug.

 

"I can't wait to officially call you my daughter," my mom squealed which earned her a nudge on the arm.

 

"Darling, it's still a secret," my dad whispered.

 

Then Bom's dad stepped forward and rested his hand on my dad's shoulder, "No worries buddy, there's not a lot of people here yet."

 

"Then Bom and Seunghyun, why don't you go and try to catch up with your cousins. There's still a handful of people we're waiting for. And remember to keep the you know what on the down-low until I talk to the both of you."

 

And with that last sentence from my mom, Bom and I split to talk to other people when a group started to walk in.

 

Before I could go to a table of other familiar faces, I saw my hyung walking through the door with my brother.

 

"Seunghyun!" Dongwook hyung doesn't hesitate to give me a bone crushing hug and my brother just laughs at my pained expression. 

 

"H-hy-hyung! Ca-" I tried to speak but I couldn't. He started to sway us from side to side while keeping a strong hold around me.

 

"What is it my little Seunghyun?" he asked.

 

"Ca-can't breathe!"

 

He just laughs as if he knew what he was doing. And I can tell that he knew with that smug face as he let me go.

 

"Just great to see you. It's not everyday tha- well, hello~" hyung's eyes moved away from mine and just focused to whatever was behind me. I looked at to see what he was referring to. So I turned and wasn't happy that I did. I saw Bom talking to her relatives and I could feel that Dongwook hyung was undressing her with his eyes. My blood was boiling inside and at the same time I was confused to what I should do. Ah, of course I know what to do. I pushed him aside but not with too much force. I wanted to take his attention away before he could even think of trying to go up to her. I'm sure he doesn't even recognize that it was Bom. If he ever tried to take a step towards her, I don't know what I would do.

 

"Woah man, what's that for?" hyung was surprised and gave him a look. A look to say that I needed to explain but before I can even open my mouth, Seungri stepped in. He extended both his arms to keep a distance between me and hyung.

 

"Hyung, that was Bom," Seungri said and then I could hyung's eyes widening. 

 

"Bom? As in Park Bom? The bunny Bommie? The girl that Seunghyun had a crush on when we were little?" Hyung's words made me think back to the past.

 

It's not the first time that Dongwook hyung met Bom. He met her a couple times and I can remember that I was very insecure when he would play with us. Hyung and Bom are of the same age so I felt a little jealous when they would be together. I felt insecure that she may have wanted to spend more time with someone her age. And even now, I still feel that insecurity surfacing. 

 

An arm around my neck dragging me down snapped me out of my thoughts. And the next thing I know, an annoying finger was poking my cheeks. "Awww… Is Seunghyunnie still crushing on Bommie?"

 

It was laughable since hyung doesn't know of my present relationship with Bommie but it also always pushed my buttons when he would tease me about it. I could see that Seungri was holding in his laughter knowing that Dongwook hyung is clueless.

 

"Well, what are you waiting for?" I looked at hyung questioningly and he turned us towards Bom's direction, "go and talk to her." And before I could protest, I was already pushed towards Bom. Well whatever. I'll just do what hyung says. I can't wait to see the look on his face when he finds out the secret.

 

I walked calmly towards Bom. She was laughing with her cousins.

 

"Hi Bom," I said.

 

The group stopped laughing and Bom smiled.

 

"Hi," Bom replied.

 

"Hey shouldn't you call her noona?" one of her cousins said. Everyone laughed and agreed with what she said. (A/N: I'm too lazy to put more names so I'm going to just have no names for the cousins and other relatives that were not introduced in the first story. It's hard to keep track of everyone.)

 

I looked to Bom and hope that she would defend me but she joined in with the laughter, "yeah, you should call me 'noona' little Seunghyunnie!" I was a little peeved that hyung and Bom used the same childish name on me. 

 

This moment gave me a flashback….

 

It was summer time at Bom's grandparent's house. My mom and dad went to a business party along with Bom's parents. So I naturally stayed at her grandparent's house for sometime until our parents would come back. It was not like the other times since Dongwook hyung came with me. I was excited to introduce him to Bom since I looked up to him a lot. But my excitement gradually went away once I saw them together.

 

I was getting some drinks for all of us;  for Bom, hyung, Seungri and for me. Seungri and I were the youngest among the group and so it was natural for hyung and Bom to order us around once in a while. I didn't mind. I was carefully holding the jar of cold juice while Seungri followed behind me with the paper cups. I tried my best to carry the heavy jar so I wouldn't drop it. As I arrived at the place where we decided to sit down to drink the juice, I placed the jar on the table. The height wasn't much of a problem but I had to help Seungri for a bit since he couldn't even reach the table's surface. Once we placed everything on the table, I noticed that hyung and Bom were nowhere to be seen. 

 

"Bom noona! hyung!" I called out as I walked around the grass. I looked around until I saw familiar bunny ears bouncing about in the flower garden. I walked towards those ears knowing who it was. As I got closer, the sound of laughter and some chatter got louder. 

 

Once I went around the garden, I saw both of them sitting on the field laughing. I was about to call but then I saw a sight that made me feel funny. Hyung and Bom were talking about something while crouching down with their heads bowed to the ground. I guess they found something interesting. But besides that, I didn't feel quite well seeing them beside each other.They're too close. It surprised me that even though this was the first time they met, Bom wasn't too hesitant when getting close to hyung. Hyung was the cool guy in my eyes but at that moment I don't know. 

 

"Hyung, noona. I got the juice already," I finally caught their attention but they gave their attention back to whatever it was they were looking at.

 

I walked towards them with little steps, curious to what they were looking at. Bom would giggle when I would see hyung whispering something to her.

 

"hyung?" I slowly called out. They slowly turned towards me and then they stood up. Hyung's hands were behind his back and Bom seemed to be giggling about something.

 

"Seunghyunnie, we have a present for you," with that childish nickname that hyung just called me, my face scrunched up a little. I was nervous to what he was referring to. 

 

"Close your eyes, Seunghyunnie~" I scrunched my face some more as Bom followed hyung by calling me with that name. But the naive kid as I was, I did what I was told. I slowly closed my eyes and the last thing I saw was Bom and hyung smiling. 

 

"Now open them, " they both said. I opened my eyes and instantly regretted in following what they said. I saw the slimiest worm wiggling in front of me. Once it slightly touched my face, I ran away screaming as hyung kept chasing me with the worm in his hand and Bom was just laughing in the background. I ran for what felt like an hour.

 

Since that time, the same kind of thing would happen when hyung would stay with us. Him and Bom would play a prank on me or sometimes just do stuff that I couldn't. The age difference would just get too apparent and I can't lie that it made me feel left out sometimes. Seungri had no problem at all since he was just the baby of the group and no one would really pick on him.

 

What really bothered me was when I finally asked hyung the question that I was always curious about.

 

We were resting in the garden again. Fresh air was always nice. Us boys were tired but Bom had all of this energy that we couldn't keep up with. I saw hyung looking at Bom and I just had to ask him.

 

"Hyung…"

 

"What?"

 

"Do you like noona?" 

 

"wh-what?"

 

"Do you like her?"

 

"Of course I like her," he smiled as he ruffled my hair. Compared to his smiling face, I was shocked. But then he added, "And I like you too Seunghyunnie~" then he hugged me tightly which ended up in a headlock.

 

"St-Stop it Hyung~" I whined. His next sentence even shocked me more.

 

"You like her don't you Seunghyun," he released me from the headlock and continued to look at Bom playing.

 

"N-no I do-"

 

"Don't lie. Tell you what, when we grow up, if you don't make a move, then I will," his strange language confused me as to what he was referring to.

 

"Make a move?" my childlike mind was too young to understand. He just chuckled and ruffled my hair once more.

 

"You'll know what it means when you grow up," he chuckled some more and ran towards Bom.

 

 

End of flashback…

 

 

Make a move huh? That's what I was thinking right now. While Bom and her cousins were engaged in laughter, I looked back at hyung. Seungri and hyung were just talking while stealing glances this way. It doesn't seem like Seungri gave away the secret yet. Hyung still doesn't know and even Bom's cousins don't know yet since they just arrived.

 

"So what is it, Seunghyun?" Bom asked after calming down.

 

"I missed you, noona," and then I hugged her. I put my hands all around her and just pressed her against me. Her gasp was cute but it wasn't the only gasp. I caught a slight view of not only her cousins' reactions but also my hyung's when I started to twirl Bom around as I still held her.

 

"Seunghyun, what's this all about?" Bom whispered.

 

"Can't I just hug you. It's not going to give away the secret yet. Everyone knows that we were childhood friends," i whispered back.

 

She chuckled and exclaimed, "I miss you too, little Seunghyunnie!" I cringed at the name again but with her this close to me, I didn't care.

 

Take that hyung! 

 

"Oh you guys are still close huh?" one of her cousins asked and we just both nodded our heads. "So if you're close, then Seunghyun, can you tell me who this mystery man is?" I raised an eyebrow and just looked at her cousins to try and figure out what they meant by that.

 

"Huh?"

 

"Oh gosh," they gave an impatient look and just grabbed Bom's hand with the ring on it, "I don't think she would just put this kind of jewel on her finger just out of nowhere. It looks too expensive to be just an ordinary ring. So, we're asking, who is this man who gave this ring to her? We've been bugging her about it but she won't tell us anything," her cousin complained. I looked at Bom and she had a blank look on her face. But then she gave me worried eyes as if to say that she was about to just spill the secret but we couldn't. We promised not to until the time was right. So I just little patted her on the back.

 

"Well if she doesn't want to say it then it's not within my control," I said as quickly as I could and just went back to my group.

 

 

"Want to get a drink by the bar hyung?" I couldn't keep from smiling knowing of my victory.

 

"Well…well…well, looks like little Seunghyunnie isn't too shy to show his affections," he raised both his eyebrows twice and just got up from his seat.

 

I just rolled my eyes and celebrated in my head knowing of my victory. Gosh, I'm such a child. I don't even know if hyung still remembers what he said to me of making a move.

 

 

The reunion got louder when it was time to eat. Bom and I tried to keep a distance from each so the secret would be kept safe. We were still waiting for one of our parents to give us the go in announcing our engagement. It was hilarious when her Teddy oppa came strolling in. When he was just about to say something about me being Bom's boyfriend, Hayi came in just in time to shut him up. She just jumped out of nowhere and demanded for a piggyback. Bom apparently had to beg Hayi for this  before Teddy came since she wasn't so up for this kind of job. Now she's sitting beside Teddy being the princess he sees her to be by ordering him around and trying to get all of his attention so his attention would be away from ours. 

 

I was in the middle of another laughing sessions as my cousins and I discussed of our childish past when a hand landed on my shoulder. I looked up and saw my mother with a smile, "It's time," she whispered. I nodded and got up.

 

"Excuse me, I have to take care of something," I told them. I could see Seungri with a smirk on his face since he could tell on what was about to happen. I left the table to search for Bom and there she was getting near by the microphone at the front of the room. I quickened my pace to reach her side.

 

There was Bom's father ready with his champagne glass and a little table knife. He used those to get people's attention and everyone turned towards the front. "Family and friends…it is a wonderful sight to have everybody here together again. I appreciate that you took time away from your busy lives to join with us on this wonderful event. I would just like to use this opportunity to tell everyone something important. Since my mother's passing, we found something quite significant included in her will. It was quite surprising and quite daring. That woman was always full of surprises. We wanted to respect to what she requested in her will. And so to announce this, we have my daughter, Bom and the son of my best friend, Seunghyun," he turned to us and we held hands together as we stepped forward.

 

I saw Bom's cousins who asked about the ring earlier and with their widened eyes, they've started to put things together. 

 

"Well…Seunghyun and I have been very close friends since we were young. My grandma saw something that we never would think could happen. She was a very dear person with a lot of heart. In her will, it stated that Seunghyun and I are to be engaged to one another," once BOm said that, everyone's faces dropped. It was hilarious but it was also good to have the secret be lifted off our shoulders. Then Bom turned to me to say that it was my turn to speak.

 

"Yes, it's quite shocking. We were equally surprised but we respected grandma and I was kind of happy. To be honest, I always thought of Bom to be a special person in my life. And to meet her again since I moved just brought back that spark. We gave it some time to try and make this work and to see if grandma did see something that we didn't. And then before you know it," I looked at Bom and gently took her hand with the ring and presented it to the crowd, "I, Choi Seunghyun, am happy to announce that I will be marrying Park Bom," I ended with a smile and hugged Bom who just buried her face on my chest. She seemed to be embarrassed but I was just living in the moment. 

 

After a second of saying that, everyone roared and cheered. I could see hyung and Teddy with equally surprised faces. Other than that, it felt like the party finally started. 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Happy New Year! There you go folks. It took some time but here's the update. The family  gathering/reunion finally happened and the couple doesn't need to hide their secret anymore. This just means that things will be getting interesting from now on knowing that these two love birds are getting serious. It's great to hear from you readers again. I'm glad that the readers are equally excited for this story. Please keep on commenting:) They give me motivation as well as ideas along the way.