DooJoon#2

Beast Oneshots

DooJoon knew he screwed up badly. Real badly. He had no idea things would end up like this. Absolutely no idea.

He watched the crying figure in front of him and guilt swell inside him. Not because of the girl in front of him, but for the girl he truly loves. Hyeji.

He knew. Everything is going to come crashing down. The fans would be disappointed in him. s would be infuriated. His career would go downhill. Everyone would lose faith in him. But what he’s most worried about is, Hyeji. He could careless if the whole world turned their backs against him. But Hyeji? He knew he would die.

“Are you even sure we did anything? I know I remember what happens the next day even if I’m drunk,” DooJoon’s voice came out sharp and rather hurtful.

“Are you saying I’m lying to you? I would never! Why should I? Why would I destroy my own career?” she cried into her palms, shaking her head from left to right.

“I don’t believe I did anything with you. For all I know, you could be lying. Unless you can prove the baby is mine, I would not believe any ‘facts’ you feed me with,” DooJoon said in a monotone.

He never loved her. This woman in front of him stating she is pregnant with his child. He believed that he didn’t do anything he shouldn’t.

“How could you say that? I’m not so shameless! I do not go around sleeping with men!” her voice raised by several decibels but DooJoon did not care.

“I don’t know what kind of person you are. I never knew you, and I hope I don’t. Until you show me some prove, don’t try to say this baby of yours is mine. Prove it, and I’ll take whatever responsibility I should,”  DooJoon walked out of her apartment and he lowered his head.

He sighed deeply. He had so many things to do right now. He knew, she had purposely let out the news that she was pregnant with his child. He got into his car and drove back home. He must see Hyeji.  He absolutely have to.

He didn’t know how she would react to this scandal. He hadn’t been on best terms with her these past few weeks. And it’s because of this, did he went out to have a drink, causing this stupid scandal to emerge. If only he had tried to deal with his wife’s temper, maybe this wouldn’t have happened. Plus, she was pregnant, and pregnant ladies naturally have mood swings, couldn’t he have understood her more? And to add matters worse, this scandal. She would be affected, the baby would be affected, his family would be affected. He chided himself. He was glad though, that s hadn’t called him and bombard him with questions. He needed time alone. After a whole morning of dealing with reporters and that woman, he finally could go back to his wife and baby.

But how would his wife react?

-

DooJoon walked into their terrace house and saw her sitting on the couch staring at nothing. Her hands unconsciously rubbing onto her stomach. Her eyes were blank. When DooJoon called her, she didn’t move.

Hyeji became something like the walking dead. After reading the news, she didn’t feel the tears. She didn’t feel the pain. She felt nothing. And that was even scarier. Had she been preparing herself for this? Had she numbed herself? Had she already expected this to happen? She couldn’t find any answer. She only walk zombiely onto the couch and sat there, staring at the blank space silently and blankly. Her mind was blank as white paper. Her heart was as cold as nothing. She felt abandoned, betrayed, but she couldn’t express any of her feelings. She couldn’t at all. As she sat there, she sand lullabies her mother would sing to her when she was young. As she rubbed her 7 months old stomach, she felt him kick. She smiled. At least her baby was still there with her. And by all means, she decided, if she was to resort to divorce, she would give her all to fight for her child’s custody. But, DooJoon would have another baby to take care, and she figured out he wouldn’t even care.

But it wasn’t the case. DooJoon cared. For her and the baby more than anything in the world.

“Hyeji, reply me,” DooJoon was desperately trying to get her to speak. He wanted her to scream, to scold him, to hit him, to sob, to cry. But he didn’t want her to just sit there and say nothing. It scared him so much. She was just beside him, but she felt so distant. As though her heart had disappeared and she was just an empty bottle.

“It’s okay. You can go back. I’ll do fine on my own. I’ve been on my own from the beginning anyway, it wouldn’t make any difference,” Her voice came out as a whisper, so cold, so distant, so unusually calm.

“No, please Hyeji no. Trust me, I know I haven’t done anything wrong. I know I only drank a few shots. I know. Please, believe me,” DooJoon looked at her for some kind of reaction. Any sign of sadness, or anger, or disappointment, or at least something to portray her feelings. But nothing. Her face was just blank.

“I don’t know. She’s absolutely gorgeous and beautiful that even if she’s pregnant, she would look beautiful. But I’m just a normal girl. And it’s completely normal if you choose her,”

“Please, no. You’re really the only one I love. Seriously. You’re the most beautiful in my eyes, no others. I know this hit you hard, but please, give me some reaction. Just please. Hit me, bash me, anything. Just please, don’t keep quiet. I know we weren’t on best terms, but that doesn’t mean I would just go sleep with any woman. I’m not like that, and you know it,” DooJoon was on the verge of crying. But he knew he had no rights. No rights at all when the one he had hurt wasn’t even crying.

“I know, but maybe you made a mistake. And you need to take your responsibility. I’m stronger. So you should go and take care of you two’s baby,” Hyeji continued talking with her cold and monotonous voice.

“No! I never slept with her! Never! Believe me! The only baby I have is ours Hyeji-ah. Please, don’t push me away,” DooJoon pleaded as a trail of tears came down.

Hyeji simply closed her eyes, willing all that is happening to go away. Hoping all of this is just a dream. All of this was just a nightmare and the next day she woke up, she would be in DooJoon’s arms. But it wasn’t.

“I’ll be back. And then, I will prove to you that you are the only one that I love and that I only have our baby,” DooJoon said with determination. He then stalked out of their house and out to the world of judging eyes and criticism.

Hyeji closed her eyes once again and shook her head.

A tear slowly trickled down her beautiful face.

-

DooJoon dealt with the reporters, denying all that is thrown at him. He accepted all the judging eyes and criticism, knowing he had to prove to Hyeji , his baby, his fans, and members that, he was not a man who would go around sleeping with women.

And today, he was going to force the truth that woman.

But when he entered the apartment, he needn’t force the truth that woman’s mouth. She was blurting out.

“What? This baby is yours. It was never that yoon doojoon’s! I was doing what you told me, to ruin his reputation! This baby is yours! I have never ever slept with him! I love you!” She had said it all out.

Good thing DooJoon had his recorder on and recorded everything she had said. He smirked and walked out of the house. This was the time for the truth to come to light.

-

He drove back home first before going back to cube. He wanted his wife to be the first to know the truth.

But when he entered his house, he froze. There Hyeji was, on the couch, left hand holding onto a knife, her right hand bleeding. Her face was pale, her eyes was closed. There was no sign of blood circulation going on. DooJoon rushed, like lightning, towards Hyeji. He picked her up easily, bride styled and rushed out of the house. He took out his handkerchief and wrapped it around Hyeji’s wrist. He used one hand to apply pressure on her wrist and another to drive. He drove as fast as he could to the nearest hospital. He was crying, sobbing even. He couldn’t lose her. He should have come earlier and she wouldn’t have committed suicide. If only he had understood at the beginning, none of this would have happened. As soon as he reached the hospital, he rushed to the emergency area and shouted for help. Doctor and nurses came running towards him and took Hyeji from him. He ran beside her, crying out for her, but there was no response.

He nurses stopped him and he waited out. He called his manager and requested him to come immediately.

-

“I would hand this over to the police and spread this to the media. Good job, DooJoon. I will get to work right away,” Manager hyung said and rushed away with phone in his hand.

DooJoon sighed in relief, finally, this scandal was going to come to an end. He walked into the ward and looked at the sleeping Hyeji. She was frowning and DooJoon was worried. Had she been like this for the past few days? Had she slept every night with nightmares? Beads of perspiration trickled down her forehead and Doojoon wiped it away with his thumb. Out of a sudden, Hyeji started fidgeting around, mumbling,”Don’t go”. She jumped up from the bed, panting really hard and sobbing uncontrollably. DooJoon immediately embraced her and her hair.

“Everything’s fine now. I’ve cleared the scandal already. It’s alright. Everything’s alright,” DooJoon mumbled continuously as Hyeji sobbed into DooJoon’s chest.

Finally, everything was alright.

Requested by junghyeji. I hope you like it! Please do request again!