Gikwang#2

Beast Oneshots

“Oppaaaa~” Shaeri whined and stomped her feet cutely.

Gikwang had been so busy and hadn’t had any time to accompany Shaeri and Shaeri was starting to get pretty impatient.

Every time she wanted to go on a date, Gikwang would decline, saying that he was too tired for anything. She had tried to understand but even on her birthday, he had forgotten and for the whole entire day, she had waited for his call but nothing. Nothing. No calls, no texts, no whatsoever. And that broke her heart into pieces. He had ignored her when she called and texted him. It was getting on her nerve and she was about to explode. But she tried to understand, knowing this would happen at the start of their relationship.

And now, she promised she would give him one last chance. If he agrees on going on this date with her, she would forget and forgive whatever had happened last time. But if he don’t, she was going to ignore him, and let him feel what she had been through.

“Jagi, give me a second,”

She watched him walk out of the door to talk on the phone. Shaeri didn’t know why but he always seemed to be on the phone with someone else. She didn’t answer why he had time to be on the phone with someone but no her. Although she trusted Gikwang, she couldn’t help but to think he was cheating on her.

So many things could prove that.

Firstly, he ignored her texts and calls.

Secondly, he doesn’t call her or text her anymore.

Thirdly, he doesn’t even compliment her anymore.

And there’s still so many things that Shaeri wouldn’t like to list or mention because it hurts.

To summarise, they had drifted apart.

And this was what Shaeri feared most. She didn’t want to drift away from Gikwang, no. She loves him so much. She knew she could do anything for him. Literally anything. Commit murder, suicide, crime. Anything.

And she thought Gikwang would do all these for her too. He always assured Shaeri that his work would not affect them. He wouldn’t let that happen of course. But then, what was happening right now? If it wasn’t work that is affecting them, could it be another woman? At the thought, Shaeri shook her head and shuddered. She didn’t even want to think about it.

“Sorry, I have a schedule to attend, manager hyung just called me to tell me that. I’m sorry jagiya, I promise I would make it up to you,” Gikwang said and ran out of the room with his bag.

Shaeri clenched her fist trying to resist the urge to cry.

She had enough.

Yes, she was relieved when Gikwang said it was his manager, but who knows? He could have been lying.

She was not going to wait for him anymore. She’s going to move on with life. She’s going to do what she want.

But, could she?

Shaeri sighed, she brought her legs to her chest and buried her head in her knees.

Slowly, her face was soaked in rain that poured out of the darks sky in her heart. She felt so lost, she didn’t know what to do. Soon, soft sobs were heard. Her shoulders shook and all she could do was bawl her eyes out.

After her crying session, she sighed and walked out of the door.

Her legs led her to their spot. Rounded edges became jagged and tears travelled down. She wanted her Gikwang back. She wrapped the coat around her tighter. It was cold. Just the same as how her heart was. Gikwang wasn’t there to warm her up anymore. Just like how the sun wasn’t there for the cold winter. She coughed softly before sighing a little. She shuddered as the wind pass by, as if whispering to her comforting words. She smiled. She looked around at the bald trees with snow as their coat. They fit her heart exactly. Her heart was empty, and cold because snow was coated on it. She smiled at how ironic it was.

She turned around and was stunned.

And then she hit herself on the head. It was Gikwang. And it was illusion. She smiled bitterly, walking straight at him knowing she was going to walk right through.

So when she bumped into him, her eyes widened and her heart stopped. She looked up and locked eyes with the love of her life.

“I’m sorry. I’ll make it up to you from now on. Always. For the rest of my life,” Gikwang whispered as he wrapped his coat around her.

“W-what?” She whispered.

Gikwang gave her that breathtaking eye smile and dragged her to somewhere.

And then she saw it.

That place she always had dinner at. The place she told Gikwang she wanted to be married at.

And she was going to.

Gikwang pulled out a ring and slipped it into Shaeri’s finger.

“You’re mine, always.”

Shaeri sobbed into her hand and cried.

Gikwang’s eyes widened. He didn’t know why she was crying so hard.

“W-why are you crying?”

“You pabo, why did you ignore me for the past 2 weeks? Do you know how hurt I was? Do you even know the feeling of being ignored and neglected. The feeling of emptiness? Do You know?!” Shaeri was sobbing uncontrollably now. All that she had endured for the past 2 weeks were starting to be released.

“I-I’m sorry, I was preparing and I thought it would make you even more happier and surprised,” Gikwang lowered his head guiltily.

“You pabo!”

“I’m sorry, please forgive me jagi? I won’t ever do that again. I only did that because junhyung asked me to,”

“YAH! YONG JUNHYUNG!”

“SORRY!”
_

“OUR SECOND MAKNAE IS GETTING MARRIED!” DooJoon hollered at the top of his lungs at the gathering they were having.

“YAY HOO!”

“Congratulations! Shaeri is a keeper!” People walked towards him and congratulated.

He was happy. Genuinely happy.

He wish they would have a happy ending like those in fairy tales. They wouldn’t have happily ever after. But the least, is a happy ending.

He wanted to sit on the rocking chair by the fire place during winter side by side with Shaeri, talking about their love stories. He wanted to watch Shaeri pull back her long white hair into a bun. He wanted to watch her bake cookies at a slow pace. He wanted to watch her walk towards him with a toothy grin. And if all that happen, he would have no more regrets.

Requested by sallymin

Sorry for not updating. I won’t be able to update frequently from now on. My school is starting to get really busy. But  I would try to update whenever I can. Life is so tiring. Friends drift apart, old feelings resurface, sadness overtakes. Life. I hope you enjoyed. Please request again. Sorry if it’s angsty at first.