DooJoon#5

Beast Oneshots

Jin Hye prepared her meal while singing to her favorite song and skipped around the house.

The aroma of the food floated in the small apartment.

DooJoon’s favourite meal, kimchi chigae and also fried chicken.

As soon as the smell of the food reached Jin hye, Jin Hye immediately dashed to the kitchen and brought out the meal onto the table.

“DooJoonie! Come on! Let’s have our dinner! It’s ready! I cooked your favorite food!” Jin Hye bounced into their shared bedroom excitedly, only to see DooJoon sleeping on the desk.

Jin Hye giggled at the sight of DooJoon’s sleeping face. He was so adorable. The way he would snuggle into his own arms as though it was hers was too cute. HE would his lip every so often. Sometimes, he would open his eyes slightly before covering them sleepily again.

“Oppa, do you want to have dinner now or later?” Jin Hye whispered into DooJoon’s ear.

DooJoon jumped up from his sleep and rubbed his eyes. He smiled at the sight of Jin Hye and stood up to wash up.

“Come out soon!” Jin Hye skipped happily back into the kitchen and started laying out the plates and putting out the dishes onto the table. She leaned in to take in the aroma of the food.

Mmm. Smells really nice.

Jin Hye took a seat and started digging into the food as she smiled in bliss.

The kimchi chigae melted in and the spicy taste lit up .

DooJoon took a seat in front of her and looked at her as she ate her meal. Jin Hye smiled her eye smile at DooJoon and continued digging in.

DooJoon only stared at every single movement Jin Hye made. As though he was photocopying her features into his mind, he scanned her features carefully.

Her small but beautiful eyes. Her heart-shaped lip. Her button nose. Her long eyelashes. Her slightly blushed cheeks. The small mole beside her nose. The small scar at the side of her forehead.

Everything, every single thing of Jin Hye is deeply loved by him.

OF course, most importantly, it was Jin Hye’s personality that attracted him to her.

Jin Hye was a volunteer at a orphanage and once, when DooJoon went to the orphanage to do volunteer work, he saw Jin Hye comforting a little boy who was crying hysterically at the corner of the garden. The little boy was thrashing his arms around and his arms were hitting Jin Hye. But Jin Hye didn’t stop trying.

That indeed impressed him because he was pretty sure normal girls would have ignored the little boy.

-

Jin Hye sat on down on the floor with her back facing the wall. In her hands, was a book named ‘The very picture of you’. DooJoon sat down beside her and watched her read the book. Every other moment, she would giggle or smile slightly. DooJoon shook his head in amusement as he laughed lightly at Jin Hye’s reactions when she reads a book.

DooJoon always become amused  when he observe Jin Hye do little daily things.

Her reactions, her behavior, were simply all too cute.

DooJoon leaned in closer to her and read the book together with her, occasionally smiling at her or chuckle with her.

It was such a simple yet satisfying moment.

Just a book, a very simple book, can create memories both Jin Hye and DooJoon would never forget.

They were unforgettable. These small memories were what complete their life. Or maybe, Jin Hye’s life because DooJoon didn’t really have one anymore.

-

Jin Hye stepped out of the restroom as she dried her hair with a towel. Placing the towel on her shoulder, Jin Hye sat in front of the mirror and started applying Bb creams and night creams.

DooJoon stood behind Jin Hye and was once again observing her.

It seems like wherever Jin Hye is, Doojoon would be there. Whatever Jin Hye was doing, Doojoon would be there to watch her. DooJoon seems to be Jin Hye’s guardian angel. He was always there with her, protecting her.

Oh yes, he is. He is indeed her guardian angel, only that now, it is in a different way.

After Jin Hye finishes her nightly routine, she stood up from the stool and started stretching her body cutely.

DooJoon chuckled at her actions and can’t help but shake his head in amusement.

This is really the reason why he loves her so much.

After stretching, Jin Hye finally settled down from her hyped up self and got into bed. Covering the covers, DooJoon smiled down at her. Jin Hye smiled back before drifting quickly, almost instantly into a deep slumber.

DooJoon moved out of the room quietly into the living room.

-

“Oppa! Today, the other Beast oppas are going to come! Quickly prepare yourself!” Jin Hye exclaimed enthusiastically.

DooJoon nodded while smiling.

It’s been quite a long time since DooJoon saw s. He is worrying about them every day but somehow, he actually dreads them coming.

Because that means they will wake Jin Hye up from her dream.

She will speak to him as though he was there anymore.

But as selfish as he is, he would want Jin Hye to move on too.

Even if he couldn’t bear the thought of Jin hye sleeping in another’s arms, he knew he couldn’t be selfish.

So in another way, he is glad that s would be coming over today because they can help her move on.

A knock came from the door and Jin Hye literally jumped to the door. She opened the door and smiled brightly at the other Beast members.

They only smiled bitterly back.

“Joonie oppa! You can come out now!” Jin Hye giggled.

The other beast members looked at each other weirdly, wondering who she was speaking to because as far as they know, Jin Hye wasn’t dating anyone.

“Jin Hye, who are you talking to?” Hyunseung asked.

“Doojoon oppa of course, who else can it be?” Jin Hye chuckled at Hyunseung’s question.

The other members looked at each other wide eyed.

DooJoon stood there helplessly.

“Jin Hye-ah, hyung isn’t here anymore,” Yoseob whispered softly as he patted her arm.

“What are you talking about?”

“Hyung is gone, he is no longer here anymore,” Junhyung replied sadly as he looked at anywhere else but Jin Hye.

“What do you mean he’s not here anymore? This is not funny,” Jin Hye frowned.

“Hyung is dead. He died of cancer, remember? Today is his 1st year death anniversary, we are going to the cemetery to visit him,” Gikwang gazed at Jin Hye with tears filled eyes.

And all of a sudden, the memories of the horrible white room came running back into her mind. She saw herself crying so hard into DooJoon’s chest which no longer go up and down. She saw the Beast members crying silently, grieving over their beloved hyung. She saw DooJoon’s parents sobbing. She saw the fans outside of the hospital room, bawling and sobbing their hearts out at the leaving of their beloved leader.

He had pushed them so deep into her mind that for such a long time, she had absolutely no recollection of it.

Jin Hye stared blankly at the ground.

Her Joonie was gone. He would no longer be able to eat his favorite meal with her, he would no longer be able to read books with her, he would no longer be able to tuck her into her bed anymore.

Jin Hye collapsed onto the floor and sat lifelessly.

The Beast members’ heart ached at the sight of her being like this.

DooJoon wanted to cry. But he couldn’t.

He walked closer towards Junhyung, knowing he would be able to sense his presence.

And Junhyung did.

Junhyung snapped his head towards DooJoon’s direction.

Knowingly, he nodded his head.

He knew DooJoon wanted him to help Jin Hye move on.

-

For the rest of the afternoon,

The Beast members helped Jin hye to the cemetery to visit him.

At the cemetery, Jin hye burst into tears and cried into the only t-shirt that still had DooJoon’s smell.

The Beast members were crying along while trying to comfort her.

DooJoon knew his death had caused a lot of people to grieve over him. But he didn’t want that. He only wanted them to be happy. He missed them of course. But he chose to stay by Jin Hye’s side until she moved on over him. And then, he would finally move on by himself and go to where he really belong.

Heaven.

Requested by Forever5501.

I’m so sorry for not updating last week but I was having a writer’s block and I absolutely don’t want to write for the sake of writing. So I seek your understanding when I don’t update. I want to write when I have the inspiration. And if you allow, can I write other people’s request before yours sometimes? Because sometimes I might not have inspiration. But if you all disagree, it’s really okay. I just need your opinion. I hoped you enjoyed! Took me long enough to think of this plot. I hope you don't mind me using a OC name.