The Quidditch Cup Part II

Mischief Managed (Or, sorta...)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey lovely readers<3 Thanks so much for being patient and waiting for an update:3 Also, if it wasn't for you guys, we never would've been featured, so thanks so much for reading and subscribing and upvoting and commenting, you guys are the best *Hugs* Keep being amazing and we hope you enjoy this chapter!!

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Ha! Slugs huh? Who would’ve imagined that that was all it would take to make the high and mighty Kris Wu scream like a banshee?”

 

 

Kai repositions himself on his broom and smirks out over the field, the wind ruffling the hair at the back of his neck, the students watching from down below like little dots of color.

 

Cupcake is down there somewhere but unfortunately Kai is too high up to glimpse the perfect masterpiece of his face.

 

But back to his previous thoughts…

 

Kai supposes he should feel guilty (he doesn’t) since he had made an agreement with Kris to not pull any more revenge plots on him (pfft, if Kris actually believed that whole charade he was even more stupid than Kai already knew he was), but the idea had been too good to pass up on.

 

And since Sehun had been such a wonderful accomplice (he’d never quite gotten over Kris setting a goggled-Chanyeol on him in the infirmary), the whole thing had gone perfectly, complete with Kris running face-first into the common room door, shrieking like he’d just seen a boggart in the shape of his mother.

 

Kai snorts into his palm, unable to keep his grin from widening.

 

“Finally,” Kai thinks triumphantly. “Finally victory is mine! Agent Kai has done it again, and, most importantly, he’s done it with style.”

 

He’s broken from his daydreams of adoring crowds and the flash of cameras by the shrill sound of Madam Hooch’s whistle.

 

“Time to be Slytherin’s hero,” Kai thinks with excitement. First he scared Kris less in front of the entire Slytherin house and now he’s going to win the Quidditch Cup for them. 

 

He’ll probably have his own statue in the castle after this.

 

 

D.O. squints up at the sky, trying to spot Kai on his broom.

 

Unfornately D.O. is too close to the ground to glimpse the perfect masterpiece of his face.

 

“Why do you even come to these games?” Tao asks him for what must be the hundredth time since spring term started. “It only stresses you out.”

 

“It does not,” D.O. argues back, but his voice cracks, betraying him.

 

“Stupid voice,” D.O. thinks petulantly.

 

“The only thing you need to be worried about is how much icing you’re going to put on those cupcakes,” Tao continues, producing a flask of what D.O. hopes is pumpkin juice from somewhere.

 

D.O. does still need to ice the cupcakes. He had been thinking about doing an emerald green with silver shards of sugar glass to celebrate the Slytherin victory. Or maybe he’s going to use the licorice wands to make goalposts to represent the Quidditch field…

 

Tao turns his attention back to the game, convinced that he’s preoccupied D.O.’s mind with something other than Kai getting knocked off his broomstick.

 

And then a Slytherin player goes hurtling by screaming, knocked into a tailspin by a well-placed Bludger.

 

D.O.’s eyes get impossibly huge, his mouth falling open.

 

Tao pushes the flask into his hands.

 

“Drink it,” he says flatly, somewhat annoyed at the player for ruining the calm.

 

Without thinking, D.O. takes a swig.

 

And immediately spits it out all over the row of students in front of them, spluttering, his face turning red.

 

Definitely not pumpkin juice.

 

 

“Slugs, laugh out loud,” Sehun thinks smugly, inwardly giggling chuckling.

 

Kris had actually believed that Sehun had either completely forgotten (impossible) or had forgiven him (even more impossible) for setting Chanyeol in his weird- goggles on him in the infirmary that night before they had all left for the holidays. 

 

But Sehun would never forget the trauma he had gone through… Although, Kris had set in motion a series of events that had ended with Sehun finally kissing Luhan, so it hadn’t all been bad…

 

But still, slugs. The plan had been too good to pass up on.

 

Kai and Sehun had celebrated with several fist-bumps and “You’re awesome, bro”s while Kris had screamed with rage from the bathroom where he had been attempting for hours to get the slugs off of him.

 

Sehun smiles to himself. What beautiful memories.

 

A Bludger whizzes just past Sehun’s left ear and he screams.

 

“Stop daydreaming about the enemy, asshat!” comes Kris’s exasperated shout from somewhere above Sehun.

 

“I wasn’t!” Sehun shouts back, but Kris has already zoomed in the opposite direction, joining a few other Slytherin players in a well-timed attack on the Hufflepuff goalpost.

 

“And that makes the score 50-40, with Slytherin just edging into the lead. Cheeky bastards.”

 

Sehun turns to the commentator box with a disbelieving expression, one eyebrow raised.

 

“Cheeky bastards?” he yells, throwing up an arm at Chen (why would they put him as the announcer in the first place?), who’s close enough to hear him. Chen crosses his arms over his chest, cocking a hip to the side, and shrugs unapologetically.

 

“You sat on top of me for five minutes and didn’t move! And I was tied to a chair!” Chen answers, his voice booming throughout the field.

 

Sehun feels his face go red at the wave of laughter and catcalls that sends the crowd into.

 

“Not like that, you erts! And you call yourselves ‘educated’…” Chen says with disgust, and someone, probably one of Kai’s loyal fan club members (and yes, unfortunately, it actually exists), shouts, “Nice! Gettin’ a Slytherin to slytherin, know what I’m saying?” 

 

Sehun makes a sound of exasperation before turning back around to face the field.

 

He can just make out Luha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter