After the Quidditch Match Part I

Mischief Managed (Or, sorta...)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

First off, thanks to all of you who have waited this long for an update<3 It's been hella busy around here, but I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!! Keep up the amazing comments/feedback *^.^* Also, for all of the Hunhan shippers, you can blame Taryn for that lovely cliff-hanger. It wasn't my idea. Happy 4th of July!!!

- J

Hello:) Sorry we have been gone. But life is tough. But our love for you guys is tougher. LOL. Hunhan is so close, yet just out of reach. LMAO. Happy 4th!

- Taryn

Sorry for the long wait, but J pulled it together and got a chapter going! Promise to work harder on the next one! Also, ignore Taryn... She's being dumb. Happy July 4th!

- N

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Best friends ," Sehun thinks bitterly, staring up at the infirmary ceiling, pouting.

As soon as Madame Pomfrey had told Kai that he could leave for the night, the idiot had been out of his bed and out the door before Sehun could flip him off.

Unfortunately, Sehun is supposed to stay the night.

According to Madame Pomfrey, he had suffered a "more traumatic injury" whereas Kai had had a certain  Byun Baekhyun to soften his blow.

Sehun rolls his eyes.

It's not his fault he ran into a goalpost on his own instead of being ambushed.

Sehun sighs, squirming against the uncomfortable cot.

Sehun is the only one left, everyone else having left in time for dinner in the Great Hall.

"I'm all alone," Sehun croons to himself in his head. "There's no one here beside me."

But Sehun's pathetic lovely mental singing is suddenly interrupted by the sound of the infirmary doors opening and closing quickly.

Sehun freezes, eyes straining to see through the dimmed room, but it's impossible.

Everything is just shadows and whatever faint moonlight is coming through the windows, rain still pouring down outside, lightning occasionally flashing.

Sehun shakes his head at himself.

"Stop being an idiot, Oh Sehun," he tells himself. "Unless Kai has come back to stay like a real friend would, it doesn't matter."

Sehun closes his eyes, snuggling further into his blankets.

The sooner morning comes, the better.


"What's a dessert kink?"

Lay chokes on his own saliva, turning to stare at Suho incredulously.

"Excuse me?" he manages to get out, watching as Suho's eyes widen fractionally, his cheeks turning slightly pink.

"I, ummm, I just-," Suho stammers, sliding down a little in his seat in the Great Hall. 

Lay blinks at him, fork still raised halfway to his mouth, a bite of pie resting on it.

Suho looks at the pie, wondering if it's apple or peach, and is distracted for a moment.

Lay follows Suho's gaze towards the bite of pie and jumps, putting his fork down hastily.

"I heard someone talking about it earlier," Suho explains quickly, blushing harder because Lay is looking at him as if Suho had just proposed doing a strip dance on top of the table. 

He's not Luhan, thank you very much.

Lay raises an eyebrow.

"I'm being serious," Suho says earnestly. "Someone was saying something about cupcakes, and then someone else was asking if you could use icing for more than just frosting the tops of cupca-"

"Okay, okay, please stop," Lay interrupts, looking pale in the face.

He pushes his pie farther away.

Suho looks a little disappointed, but Lay tries not to notice that.

Lay clears his throat awkwardly.

There's an uncomfortable silence for all of three seconds.

And then...

"Speaking of Luhan," Lay suddenly says.

"But we weren't even-," Suho starts, frowning in confusion.

"Where is he?" Lay continues, ignoring Suho.

Suho's frown deepens, but then he's also looking around, realizing that Luhan actually isn't there.

"I don't know," Suho says, forgetting about dessert kinks and icing and letting his motherly instincts kick in. "He was just behind us when we were all heading in from the game."

Lay shrugs, reaching for a cupcake and then pulling his hand away quickly.

But Suho doesn't notice, too busy breaking his neck trying to peer down the entire length of the Hufflepuff table. 

"What if he got stuck outside and he's freezing in the rain?" Suho is muttering worriedly under his breath, leaning back in his seat farther. "Or what if he was kidnapped by a rogue pack of centaurs and is being kept prisoner in the Forbidden Forest?"

Lay looks at Suho incredulously.

Suho gasps suddenly, a hand flying to his mouth.

"Or what if-"

Lay reaches across the table and grabs the front of Suho's shirt before the other falls off of the bench and onto the floor.

"Suho, relax," Lay says, Suho regaining his balance. "Luhan is able to take care of himself. I'm sure he's just talking to a friend somewhere. Or maybe he went back to the dormitory."

Suho takes a deep, calming breath before flashing Lay a grateful smile.

And then he reaches out and grabs a cupcake with neon green frosting, shoving it towards Lay's face.

"Want one?" he asks.

Lay screams and falls out of his seat.


Kai sighs and stares up at the ceiling of his room, sprawled haphazardly on his bed.

He kind of, sort of, feels bad for leaving Sehun all alone in the infirmary, but as soon as Madame Pomfrey had said he could leave, he had left.

That woman freaks him out with her beak-like nose and soul-baring eyes.

Sometimes Kai felt as if she could read his deepest, darkest secrets just by looking at him.

He tries not to make direct eye contact whenever he sees her. 

That would only give her more power.

But Kai is sure that Sehun doesn't have any really important deep, dark secrets to hide.

Sehun is about as scandalous as a piece of toast with no jam.

Kai, on the other hand, has enough dark secrets to probably fill another Restricted Section with.

He smiles seductively up at his ceiling.

"Kim Jongin, the iest-," Kai begins.

"What are you doing?" a voice interrupts suddenly.

Kai screams.

Kris also screams from where he's poking his head into the room, startled, before he clears his throat, embarrassed. 
Kai glares at him, sitting up in his bed.

"Have you ever heard of knocking?" he asks Kris, who frowns, and Kai is suddenly reminded of his revenge plan involving the Jelly-Brain Jinx.

Kai tries to glance around as nonchalantly as possible to find his wand, spotting it lying just inches away on his bed.

Kris pushes the door open farther, peering around as well, although Kai's not sure for what.

"Is Sehun not here?" Kris asks, and Kai pauses in sliding his hand over the mattress, fingers reaching for his wand slowly, so as to not scare the enemy. 

"No," Kai says, watching Kris superstitiously. "Why?"

Kris glances at him distractedly. 

"No reason," he answers. 

Kai waits for Kris to leave.

That way he can just sneak out and attack Kris in the hallway.

But Kris is lingering awkwardly, changed out of his wet Quidditch robes and grasping a textbook under one arm.

"Can I help you?" Kai asks him, annoyed because why is Kris not moving?

Kai can't complete his revenge/justice plan if Kris is just going to stand there all night.

"So is he still in the infirmary?" Kris asks.

Kai blinks, confused.

"Who?" he asks, and Kris huffs irritably.

Kai bristles inwardly.

"You won't be all high and mighty when you think you're dancing at a ball when in fact you're waltzing closer to the edge of the Astronomy Tower," Kai thinks darkly.

Of course, he would never let Kris fall.

Maybe.

"Hello?" Kris says, shaking Kai from his thoughts, waving a hand in Kai's general direction. "Did you really hit the goalpost that hard?"

Kai crosses his arms over his chest, pouting like a five year-old.
"It wasn't my fault," he sulks. "Stupid Byun Baekhyun just wanted to get his hands on me, like he has ever since first year."

"I don't think-," Kris begins, looking slightly disturbed.

But Kai fixes him with a serious stare.

"Everyone at this school wants me," Kai says, dead serious and looking at Kris straight on. "Especially Byun Baekhyun."

Kris takes a step back.

"Even you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter