Mistaken Identities

Mischief Managed (Or, sorta...)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’re an idiot.”

That’s the first thing Kai hears from his Cupcake when he finally removes the full-body bind curse.

But Kai is too happy to care that Cupcake is being rude. Even when Cupcake stomps on Kai’s foot as hard as he can from where he’s tied to the chair in Kai’s room.

Kai hadn’t been able to believe his eyes when he had seen the Ravenclaw leaning against the wall at the birthday party, icing speckled all over his clothes. The same color of icing that had been on Kai’s cupcakes the last time he had received them.

Although, the boy isn’t who he had expected to be his soulmate. Kai isn’t really sure who he had been expecting actually.

The Ravenclaw is cute though, in a sharp kind of way, all high cheekbones and straight nose and dark, curly hair. 

It had been quite a chase through Hogwarts after Cupcake had decided to ditch him. Again.

But Kai was persistent, and Cupcake hadn’t had the advantage of being Kris this time, nor had the help of a certain arm of armor. Thank goodness.

Kai winces, remembering his last encounter with Cupcake.

And speaking of Kris, was that who had been on the couch in the common room?

Kai had been too busy trying not to attract attention by lugging in a frozen Ravenclaw student slung over his shoulder, calling on his 007 skills and keeping to the shadows. Although that usually resulted in Cupcake’s head hitting the stone walls since Kai was trying to slide across them.

But Kai had glimpsed a blonde head of hair, and a familiar broad-shouldered frame, sprawled across one of the green couches in the common room, and he could have sworn he had seen another familiar person as well, this one with black hair, which he thinks was Tao, but had Kris been lying on top of Tao?

Kai grimaces.

“Gross.”

Shaking the thought from his head, Kai turns back to his current hostage center of attention.

The boy is mumbling something under his breath and twisting in the sheets Kai had twisted into make-shift ropes and bound around his legs and arms, securing him to Sehun’s desk chair, which had been the closest one.

And speaking of Sehun, Kai is really hoping he’s not going to get back any time soon. He can only imagine what Sehun would say if he could see the Ravenclaw tied up in their bedroom right now.

“You what?”

“Ummm, I kind of, ummm, restrained him?”

“You what?”

“I said I-”

“I heard what you said stupid!”

“But you said-”

“Shut up. You can’t just go around tying people to chairs Kai... And are you trying to completely freak Kris and Tao out? What do you think they’re going to think if they see this? Especially after last time. I’m not sure Tao can take any more stimulation.”

“Ummm...”

“Ugh, my best friend is a moron.”

Kai shakes his head, dispelling the imagined conversation before looking at Cupcake.

“Okay,” Kai starts, sitting down on the edge of his bed, a few feet away from Cupcake. “I’m not going to hurt you,” he continues, hoping he sounds sincere because he really isn’t. He would never hurt Cupcake. Kai just really wants to talk to him and figure out why he’s been leaving him cupcakes.

“Screw you,” the boy replies, and Kai blinks.

“Ummm,” he says, unsure of how to start, but the other boy is already speaking.

“Look, I know you’re looking for your soulmate or whatever, but that’s not me,” he says, working furiously to try and get his legs out of the ropes.

“Yeah it is,” Kai says stubbornly. “You bake me cupcakes all the time. And they’re delicious. We’re totally soulmates.”

The boy rolls his eyes.

“Mate, you’re mistaken. I do not bake cupcakes. I mean, I didn’t used to...”

“Aha!” Kai exclaims, jumping up from the bed. “I knew it was you.”

The boy shakes his head frantically.

“Nope, still not me,” he says, beginning to scoot the chair closer to the door, but Kai is reaching out and grabbing the back of the chair, keeping him in place.

“You just said you bake cupcakes,” Kai says, confused.

“I said I didn’t bake cupcakes,” Cupcake says.

“No, you said you didn’t use to bake cupcakes.”

“Did not.”

“Did too.”

“Did not.”

“Did too.”

“Did not,” Cupcake cries in exasperation. “Now let me go before I scream.”

Kai raises an eyebrow.

“I think you’re forgetting that I have a wand and could easily use another full-body bind curse...,” Kai trails off suggestively.

The boy glares at him. “You wouldn’t dare.”

“Try me,” Kai replies, grinning.

“You’re an as-,” Cupcake begins, but he’s cut off.

Because Kai kisses him.

 

Tao’s not sure how he managed to end up like this, with Kris hovering over him, lips moving against his own, but he’s not complaining.

All of those months of pretending to be a complete idiot in the art of Ancient Runes has finally paid off.

Kris pulls back a fraction, one hand still tangled in Tao’s hair, looking at him in surprise.

“What is it?” Tao asks, slightly breathless, his hands still gripping Kris’s shoulders.

He’s sort of aware that the two of them are openly snogging in the common room, but Tao could care less right now because kissing Kris is better than anything he’s ever experienced.

Kris blinks at Tao for a moment before leaning back down and kissing him again, Tao making a surprised noise against Kris’s mouth.

When Kris pulls back the second time, he runs a hand down the side of Tao’s face.

“I guess I actually do like you after all,” he says, voice rough. “I wasn’t sure before, but now...”

Tao smiles, his heart beating hard against his ribs, before saying, “I like you too.”

And then he’s pulling Kris back down, the two of them lost in each other for a while.

 

Chen’s going to kick Kai between the legs.

Chen is outraged.

Chen is furious.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter