Cupcake!

Mischief Managed (Or, sorta...)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

D.O. has made secret cupcakes for Kai ever since their second year at Hogwarts.

    

It'd all started when D.O. had gone up to the owlery to send out a message. He'd been making his way up the spiral steps, paper in hand, but just before he'd stepped into the actual room, D.O. had been met with the sound of...tears.

    

Yes.

    

Tears.

    

Barely suppressed sobs interlaced with sniffles.

    

Alarmed, D.O. had peeked his head around the corner to look into the owlery.

    

The sight in front of him had made him gasp. (Haha just kidding, of course he didn't gasp, that would have given him away!)

    

A second year Slytherin, one that D.O. had noticed since the Sorting Ceremony, was kneeling on the ground, a small box in his lap. 

    

His small body was shaking with sobs.

    

Kai.

    

It was probably the fact that it was Kai that had made D.O.'s heart go out to the poor boy.

    

Although some may have thought Kai was a cold, silent person at first glance, D.O. knew the truth (don't ask how). 

    

Kai was caring, funny, and thoughtful, not to mention the adorable way his eyes scrunched up when he smi-

    

Well, as one can tell, D.O. liked Kai...a lot.

    

Anyways, moving on with the story where were we? Oh yes, Kai crying and D.O. watching from the doorway like the obsessed concerned student he was. 

    

Curiosity reaching its peak, D.O. had craned his neck, standing on his toes to see the culprit of his baby's Kai's sadness.

    

Almost falling over into the room, D.O. had finally got a glimpse of the contents of the box in Kai's lap.

    

What was it, you ask?

    

Cupcakes.

    

Yup.

    

Fluffy topped, sprinkle adorned, delicious-looking cupcakes were making Kai sob his heart out.

    

Of course, D.O.'s creative mind quickly came up with multiple ideas as to why Kai would be crying over a box of cupcakes.

    

They were from his family.

    

A family who sent him off to Hogwarts for his own good.

    

A family who wanted the best for their child but had to give up seeing their perfect son often due to the location.

    

A family who baked fluffy topped, sprinkle adorned, delicious-looking, love filled cupcakes for their son who was in a far off place for his own good because they didn't get to see his beautiful, sunshine-filled face every day and squeeze his cute little cheeks and shower him with the Love. 

    

He. 

    

Deserves.

    

D.O.'s breath had hitched in his throat at the thought, one hand over his heart and the other fisted in his mouth to stop his own sob.

    

But then Kai had given one last sob, closed the box, stood up from the owlery floor, and started to head towards the steps.

    

The steps where D.O. stood hidden.

    

So D.O. had quickly bolted back down the steps, his own letter forgotten in hand and one thought in his mind.

    

He would now bake cupcakes for his love Kai.

    

Cupcakes so delicious the poor boy wouldn't know what hit him, he would simply find himself sitting somewhere with the remnants of D.O.'s creation coating his face and fingers.

    

Cupcakes so delectable that Kai would never feel sad thinking about his family who sent him off for his own go-

    

Well, you know how that goes.

 

 

 

Kai hates cupcakes.

    

The little tricksters make you think they’re so soft and sweet and delectable with their cute little shapes and their fluffy icing tops and sparkly sprinkles.

    

And then they decide to stop on their way down your throat.

    

Your throat.

    

Kai gags a little just thinking about it.

    

It'd all started when Kai had gone up to the owlery that one day during his second year at Hogwarts.

    

Upon getting a letter from his sister telling him he'd be receiving a "surprise" in the post soon, he'd been sooo excited that he'd waited in the owlery for three hours.

    

Three hours.

    

All so that he could almost die

    

Anyways, when Kai's owl had flown in with a little box in its talons, his heart had skipped a beat.

    

He'd opened up the box, lifted the lid, and was met with...

    

Not that you don't already know...

    

Cupcakes.

    

Yuuum.

    

(Or so he'd thought)

    

Kai had been so excited to eat them that he'd taken one of the little mounds out right there in the owlery, his mouth watering.

    

It's not like anyone would see him anyways, he was alone up in the owlery...

    

Just as he'd taken his first bite of the crumbly cupcake, a single crumble tumbled down his throat unexpectedly.

    

That's all it took.

    

A single crumble.

    

A single crumble had Kai on his knees, choking for air. 

    

Well, as we all know, Kai survived that unfortunate attack of the cupcakes, but he never went near them again. 

    

Some may call it a phobia.

    

But Kai calls it a death trap.

    

However, there is one exception.

    

Every once in a while, Kai receives cupcakes from someone in the school.

    

He has no idea who it is.

    

And it's driving him insane.

    

At first, Kai didn't want to touch them. (The Incident was still fresh in his mind.)

    

But they seemed to call to him, with their cute little shapes and fluffy frosting and little iced hearts.

    

They were even green.

    

Kai loves green. 

    

(D.O. knows everything)

    

And so that's how Kai had ended up sitting in the Slytherin common room, a lone cupcake in front of him, and a cup of water on either side of him.

    

He was prepared this time.

    

People to save him: check

    

Not one, but two cups of emergency water: double check

    

His bravery: check not really

    

Kai's grip had trembled was sure as he brought the cupcake to his mouth.

    

It had even smelled good.

    

His teeth had sunk into the fluffy green cupcake.

    

He had almost died.

    

But this time, it wasn't from choking.

    

The cupcake was good.

    

No. 

    

It was delicious and moist and delectable and not overly crumbly and everything a cupcake for Kai should be.

    

(D.O. Knows. Everything.)

    

And it was mint flavored with thin little chocolate shavings intermixed in it that melted in your mouth.

    

Melted, not crumbled, melted.

    

Let's just say Kai was left sitting in the common room with a dazed expression on his face and the remnants of the cupcake coating his face and fingers.

    

He didn't even touch his water.

    

So, all in all, Kai despises cupcakes.

    

All cupcakes except the ones from...well...Cupcake, as he has dubbed the mystery cupcake person.

    

And he still doesn't know who it is. 

    

He is in his sixth year, and he still doesn't know.  

    

But that's all going to change tonight.

    

Yup.

    

You'd better watch out, Cupcake, because Kai's got a plan.

    

And he's coming for you.

 

 

 

"Well don't all of you little guys just look perfect!" D.O. coos at his newest batch of cupcakes as he perfects the last little heart.

    

It's the fourth anniversary of D.O.'s secret cupcakes for his love Kai, and in celebration of the event, he's made the same cupcakes he made for Kai that one day during their second year.

    

They're even green.

    

D.O. gives himself a pat on the back as he stares adoringly at his babies. He's even making good time; it's only midnight and he'd planned to drop off the cupcakes around 1 o'clock.     

 

Well, he sort of has to drop them off at that time...after all, he does have a time limit. The only bad aspect of this day is that he's alone.

    

Chen had had an enormous paper to finish (due the next day), and Xiumin had offered to help him with it, a strange expression on his face.

    

Of course, D.O. knew the reasons behind Xiumin's expression, so he'd simply winked and said he'd be back, hopefully, soon.

    

Besides, this is a special occasion between him and Kai.

 

 

 

Kai is waiting.

    

Chen hasn't been the only one to notice the pattern in D.O.'s cupcake escapades, which is how Kai knows to get in position around 11 o'clock and wait.

    

Hence, the waiting.

    

He is also dressed in comfortable attire along with running shoes.

    

Oh yes.

    

Kai is takin’ Cupcake down tonight.

    

On one of the previous drop offs, Kai had glimpsed enough of Cupcake to tell that he was a boy, as was the side kick that accompanied Cupcake most of the time. 

    

To be honest, at this point, Kai is ready to tackle anyone.

    

Young or old, 

    

male or female, 

    

student or professor, (Yes, yes, he knows, daredevil right?) to figure out who the hell Cupcake is.

    

It would have to be his great great grandma dropping off those cupcakes for him to not tackle the person.

    

Too bad she's in ghost form now.

    

Oh, and he already knows that it's the delectable green cupcake anniversary day too. He had figured that one out when those unique green fluffies made their appearance once every year on a certain day.

    

“I'm ready, Cupcake," Kai whispers to himself from behind the suit of armor where he's hiding. "Are you?"

 

 

 

"Ready?" D.O. asks his cupcakes.

    

"Ready!" they all D.O. chorus back.

    

D.O. heads out of the kitchen, gently closing the doors on the way out.

    

Or should he say Kris heads out of the kitchen, gently closing the doors on the way out.

    

Ahh yeeaaa.

    

That's right.

    

He'd been planning this ever since the incident where Kai had almost seen him. (Just thinking about it makes his heart skip a beat).

    

So, during a passing period, D.O. had been looking for a good victim...and had found it in Kris.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter