Pixie Ears and Cuteness

Mischief Managed (Or, sorta...)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun really doesn’t know why he wrote that note.

It had been a spur of the moment decision, one that involved him whipping out some parchment and his quill at around two in the morning, while he lied in bed, Kai still not back from his stupid, lovesick hunt for someone Sehun isn’t even sure exists.

And then, the next morning at breakfast, Sehun had been able to convince Peeves to distract the Hufflepuff table because surely Peeves didn’t want Sehun to, “tell Dumbledore about that one incident last year involving the dungbombs in the astronomy tower.”

Peeves had glowered, and Sehun had been sure that he would find dungbombs in his bag later, but the ghost had floated over to the Hufflepuff table while Sehun had waited, disregarding his breakfast.

Kai would have usually been there to finish Sehun’s breakfast, but Kai hadn’t returned to their room last night until the early hours of the morning.

Sehun had woken up enough to see his best friend fall into his bed, muffled snores emanating minutes later, before he had fallen back into an uneasy sleep.

And he had been uneasy as he had watched Peeves, who had looked incredibly bored, pick up a pitcher of orange juice and dump it all over Lay’s head, all while staring at Sehun with a blank face that had said, “You owe me one.”

Sehun had laughed out loud before clapping a hand over his mouth, watching as the startled and completely shocked Hufflepuff had sat there for a second, mouth hanging open, hair plastered to his forehead, orange juice dripping everywhere.

And then…

“PEEVES,” Lay had roared, scrambling to his feet, completely furious as Suho and Luhan had watched on with wide eyes.

Sehun had felt his heart soar as Lay had chased Peeves out of the Great Hall, the ghost cackling with glee and several students watching the scene with unhidden grins and laughter.

Suho and Luhan had followed close behind, running frantically after their friend, bags forgotten at their table, Suho slipping a little and almost falling on the orange juice puddles left behind by the sprinting Lay.

And that had given Sehun the golden opportunity to inconspicuously slip his note into Luhan’s backpack, right inside one of his books.

Now all Sehun has to do is wait to see what Luhan does.

Afterwards, Sehun had thought back to his idiotic choice of meeting place.

Because the Restricted Section didn’t really scream rainbows and unicorns.

Sometimes Sehun feels like an idiot.

 

 

Luhan can’t believe he’s sneaking through the halls right now.

And to the Restricted Section of all places.

He’s still tired from the birthday party last night, and from his talk with Sehun, so he’s not really sure why he’s breaking the rules to see the exact same person that he’s been trying to avoid all day.

But he had spent the entire time before going to bed staring at the note he had found in his Potions book, before Lay had asked him what it was, and Luhan had shoved it back into his bag hastily.

He doesn’t really feel like explaining everything to Lay and Suho right now.

He had wanted to tell them about Sehun finding out about his pixie ears last night, but when he had finally found them, back in the Hufflepuff common room, he had decided not to.

The less people that knew about his ears the better.

And that was the reason Luhan had given himself when he had snuck out of the Hufflepuff common room, stubbing his toe on a chair painfully in the dark before he had pushed out into the hall, hoping no one was in the kitchens.

He was going to clear things up with Sehun, to explain to him that he had been seeing things when he had seen Luhan’s ears.

The only thing is, Luhan hasn’t really decided how he’s going to explain that part.

Because Sehun definitely saw his ears.

 

Sehun paces back and forth, his stomach twisting, and he’s not even sure why.

Because it had been his idea in the first place to meet Luhan.

And it had been his stupid decision to ask Luhan about his pixie ears the other night, so really, he set himself up for this anxiety.

But that doesn’t mean he’s not still debating whether or not he should run for it now before Luhan shows up.

If Luhan shows up.

 

“Crap, crap, crap,” Luhan mutters, hiding behind a statue of a witch in one of the halls.

Filch is just around the corner.

The only reason Luhan knows that is because his crazy cat, Mrs. Norris, just saw Luhan.

And now she’s meowing at the top of her lungs right in front of the statue.

“Go away,” Luhan shooes desperately, trying to think of a way to escape.

But there

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter