PARTY!

Mischief Managed (Or, sorta...)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“A birthday party,” Luhan breathes, staring at the pink invitation in his hands in awe. 

 

Luhan freaking loves lives for birthday parties. 

 

There’s music and balloons and cake, and in the wizarding world, all of this stuff is ten times better than what it is in the Muggle world. 

 

The music is sometimes played by a werewolf band, the balloons pop at random times, scattering glitter and confetti, and the cake usually has moving figures skating over the top of the icing that Luhan loves to watch.

 

What’s not to love live for?

 

Luhan tears open the invitation with trembling fingers, reading the name of some Gryffindor he doesn’t know, but has heard of, on the inside.

 

She’s pretty popular from what Luhan hears, so he’s sure hundreds of these invitations have been sent out. The party is being held...

 

TONIGHT!

 

Luhan fights the urge to scream in excitement, clamping his lips together.

 

Tonight, 7:00 p.m. - As late as we can stay out without being caught by Mr. Filch, Dungeons 

 

 

“Good morning, lovebirds,” a voice coos to the right of Lay’s ear.

 

“What the he-,” Lay starts, jumping awake and nearly falling off of the bed.

 

But someone is holding him in place, an arm draped around his waist, and as he blinks at a bleary Suho beside him, the events from the night before rushing back.

 

Lay blushes, but there is happiness along with the embarrassment.

 

Suho had kissed him. Not the other way around as Lay had always imagined it would be. 

 

What a rebel.

 

And then he blushes even more because Luhan is basically sitting on the bed next to Lay, looking like a little, crazed animal with something clutched in his hands.

 

“Luhan,” Lay says, untangling himself from Suho, who’s a heavy sleeper and still hasn’t grasped the fact that there are three of them in one bed. “What are you doing?”

 

“I could have asked you that last night,” Luhan says, winking suggestively, and Lay resists the urge to push him off of the bed.

 

“Shut up,” Lay retorts, sitting up, and Luhan giggles, covering his mouth with his fist.

 

“Xiumin and I watched,” Luhan half-whispers, still giggling, and Lay blinks at him in shock, both of them trying to register what Luhan just said.

 

Luhan frowns, smile fading.

 

“That sounded different in my head,” he begins to explain, blushing a deep red, but Lay has already reached out, pressed one finger to Luhan’s chest, and pushed.

 

“Oof,” Luhan grunts from the floor. “That wasn’t very nice Lay.”

 

“I wouldn’t be talking,” Lay says, peering down at his friend. “ert.”

 

Luhan begins to protest, but Lay has already seen the pink slip of paper in Luhan’s hand.

 

“What’s that?” he asks, interrupting Luhan mid-rant about how he’s definitely not a ert, and how it had been Xiumin’s idea in the first place.

 

Luhan stops speaking, glancing in the direction Lay is looking. His face brightens immediately, pout being replaced with a blinding smile.

 

“It’s an invitation,” Luhan whispers.

 

“Why are you whispering?” Lay asks.

 

“Because,” Luhan says, getting to his knees. “I was going to do this.”

 

Suddenly, Lay is being tackled backwards by a blur of honey-blonde hair, and then Luhan is sitting on top of him, waving the invitation in the air.

 

“IT’S A BIRTHDAY PARTY INVITATION!” Luhan shouts in Lay’s face. “WE’RE GOING TO A BIRTHDAY PARTY!”

 

Suho startles awake, shouting out something incoherent before he falls over the other side of the bed in a tangle of blankets.

 

 

 

“Birthday party?” Chen asks D.O., peering over his shoulder. “Sweet.”

 

D.O. glances at the time printed in black ink on the hot pink paper.

 

“We have just enough time to finish up another batch of cupcakes,” D.O. says, glancing at Chen. “You in?”

 

Chen tilts his head to the side, pretending to think about it.

 

“Will Xiumin be there?” he asks, grinning.

 

D.O. raises his eyebrow. “What do you think?”

 

“I’m in.”

 

 

 

“What’s that?” Sehun asks Kai, who’s staring down at the piece of pink paper lying on the floor of their bedroom.

 

“I don’t know,” Kai answers, still staring.

 

Sehun stands there for a few seconds, watching his friend, who continues to look at the paper.

 

“Well, are you going to pick it up?” Sehun finally asks, growing impatient.

 

“No,” Kai says, his voice hesitant.

 

“Why not?” Sehun asks, crossing his arms.

 

Kai turns to look at Sehun, and his eyes are wide with anxiety.

 

“What if it’s a letter from Cupcake telling me I don’t get cupcakes any more because I attacked him before?”

 

Sehun frowns. “What the hell are you talking about?”

 

“Cupcake probably hates me now!” Kai wails, and sits down in the middle of the floor, putting his head in his hands.

 

“Who is Cupcake?” Sehun asks, growing more frustrated. When Kai doesn’t answer, Sehun bends down, preparing to read the paper himself.

 

“NO!” Kai screams, throwing himself over the slip of paper. “You can’t read it! What if it’s from Cupcake?”

 

“WHO IS CUPCAKE?” Sehu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter