No Nothing

Mischief Managed (Or, sorta...)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So, Winter Formal’s coming up…”

Kai sidles up to Sehun, bumping him slightly from where Sehun is hunched over his desk in their room, trying to study for finals.

“Yeah,” Sehun side-eyes him, brows tugging downward, head already pounding from trying to memorize all of the ways a person can brew a love potion wrong. “You have anyone?”

“Not at the moment.”

Sehun unsticks himself from Kai’s side, putting distance between them, because Kai is staring at him weirdly and he keeps opening his mouth like he’s going to say something, but he doesn’t.

Kai awkwardly shuffles back towards him, latching onto his arm and giving Sehun puppy eyes even though he looks a little jumpy.

Sehun turns to look at him fully, eyebrows raised in annoyance.

Shrugging, Kai laughs nervously before saying, “Why don’t we go together?”

Sehun’s reaction is immediate.

“What? No! You know I don’t like you like that Kai. We had this talk second year.”

“Not like that Sehun,” Kai huffs, blushing. “I was meaning since we both have no one, why don’t we just go together, make all the people realize what they’re missing out on?”

“Uh-huh,” Sehun mutters, hiding his grin because Kai’s still trying to seduce him with his eyes and it’s completely failing. “You just want to go with me because I’m hot and you’re not.”

Kai frowns, dropping his smolder, looking at his best friend disgustedly.

“You’re hot and I’m not?” he repeats, lip curling up disdainfully. “What are you, five?”

“What are you?” Sehun repeats, mocking him. “Five?”

Kai stares at him for a few seconds, blinking.

“See? That’s why I’m hot and you’re not,” he finally says, smirking, and Sehun rolls his eyes.

“Okay, so anyways,” Sehun continues, turning back to his books. “I think it’s okay if we just go together as friends. You know, as long as no thinks we’re dating or something.”

Sehun pauses for a moment, as if he’s contemplating the secrets of the universe, staring off into the distance, tapping his quill against his lips.

“Because that would be gross,” he finally adds.

“Gee, thanks,” Kai says, sarcasm heavy in his voice, looking highly unamused. “I feel so loved.”

Before Sehun can respond, or whack Kai in the face with his roll of parchment, there’s a knock at their door before Tao and Kris come barging in.

“Oh wow,” Kai states blankly. “Look who decided to re-enter the room of scandal.”

“Yeah,” Kris mutters. “We were debating whether or not there was a high enough risk that you two were engaged in a foursome this time, but Tao finally convinced me that we would be able to hear you guys before we opened the door, so…”

“Ewww,” Sehun and Kai say at the same time, both looking highly-offended as well as completely disturbed by the idea.

Tao giggles.

“So, what is it?” Sehun finally deadpans when the four of them don’t do anything but look at each other, deciding what insult to use next.

“Oh,” Tao says, pulling two boxes out from behind his back. “Kris and I were just at the owlery, and these packages came in for you two.”

Kai is on his feet before Sehun can even think about what he might have received in the mail, shouting, “DRESS ROBES!”

Sehun gets up out of his chair, stretching out sore muscles in his back and arms, before flopping down on his bed.

A package follows soon after, hitting him in the stomach, and he wheezes for air before shooting a glare at the culprit.

Tao shrugs innocently.

Kai is already ripping into his box, paper and cardboard flying everywhere, the little card taped to the outside already on the floor.

“Aren’t you going to read that?” Kris asks, picking it up.

“What?” Kai asks, his voice weird.

“I said-,” Kris starts again, but then Kai is on his feet.

“No,” he says slowly, holding up a pile of fabric in his hands. “I meant what the hell are these?”

Sehun watches in fascination as Kai’s face slowly goes from excited to disgusted to mortified.

And then Tao and Kris are doubled over laughing, and Kai is turning to Sehun, who’s hiding a grin behind his fist.

Kai shakes the robes in the air.

“Are you kidding me?” he shouts, his face turning pink. “These are girls’ robes! And they’re freaking hideous!”

Sehun can’t help it anymore.

He snorts out a laugh, the laughter only increasing when Kai’s facial expression changes to one of pure rage.

“I must have the wrong one,” Kai says feverishly, throwing the dress robes over Sehun’s desk chair.

“Nope,” Kris says, struggling to speak in between giggles. “It says right here. To Kai, our most beloved son. We hope the term is going well, and we know you’re going to look fantastic in the dress robes your aunt sent us from London. Love, Mum and Dad.”

“Give me that,” Kai snaps, reaching out and snatching the letter from Kris’s hand. His eyes move over the paper quickly, and then he’s looking at Sehun in horror.

“They got me girls’ dress robes,” he says once more, before walking over and landing facedown onto his bed.

Kris, Tao, and Sehun can’t stop laughing, the three of them either on the floor or on one of the beds, holding their sides.

Kai groans from his bed.

 

 

D.O. isn’t sure if he’s more disappointed about the other night’s events, or more angry at himself.

Because of course he had to go and fall asleep.

He had to freaking take a cat-nap while he had been waiting for the love of his life to return.

And the next thing he knew, he had been waking up in his own bed, Chen’s ugly face peering down at him curiously.

“Did you find your wand?” Chen had asked, squinting in the early morning light streaming through their windows.

And D.O. had sat straight up in bed, all of the memories of the night before rushing back, making his heart beat faster, a stupid smile forming on his lips.

His wand was lying on the table by his bed, and D.O. knew who had put it there, and it had made his heart swell.

But then he had remembered how he had fallen asleep, and he had thought, “Wow D.O., way to ruin the moment.”

And now it’s been a week since that night, and D.O. hasn’t been able to talk to Kai at all.

It’s not like they have that many classes together, besides the occasional dance lesson, but even those are starting to dwindle down since the Winter Formal is in a few days.

So aside from catching Kai’s eye a few times over the past week, D.O. hasn’t been able to talk to his soulmate.

And now he’s sitting in Transfiguration class, and Professor McGonagall is saying something about a solo performance, and Chen is turning pale beside him, and why has D.O. heard his name three times i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter