Familiar Meeting

My Mind Can Forget, but My Heart Can't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jessica looked outside the window sadly. Thank you mom and dad.. I can't thank you both enough. Thank you for giving me this choice to be free. This choice to find the true me.

Earlier in the airport

"Oh! Ms. Jessica Jung, you.. you're the daughter of Jung Cooperation!" The person at the desk exclaimed.

Jessica widened her eyes. Crap. No. This can't be.

"N-No I'm not! I.. I.." Jessica could no longer lie. Every single evidence was there. Her passport. Her drivers license. Even a clear picture her face was on the paper the steward was holding. The paper had a few scribbles on it.

"Jessica Jung. Medium brown hair. Dark brown eyes. 20 years old. 5'3''. Korean-American. Daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Jung- owners of the Jung Cooperation." The paper had all of her features, from her height to her family background.

"Ms. Jung, I'm sorry but you can't board the plane."

"W-WHAT?! NO! I NEED TO LEAVE! PLEASE!"

"Jessica.."

Jessica immediately turned around, hearing her mother's voice. Jessica was literally crying a river. She recieved so much attention that she didn't want, but she could care less right now. She needed to get out of here.

"Jessica, my daughter.. Why do you want to leave so badly?"

"Omma.. You don't understand. I don't want to marry him.."

"We can't talk this over, let's go ho-"

"NO! YOU NEVER LISTEN TO ME! PLEASE JUST LET ME DECIDE FOR ONCE!" Jessica burst out. Her voice was louder than she, herself expected. Her voice boomed through the whole first floor of the airport, causing a lot more people to notice her.

"Hey.. Sica.." Sooyoung tried to calm her down from behind, but she didn't stop.

"YOU KNOW WHAT? My WHOLE LIFE.. I've been obeying all your decisions.. But I can't take it anymore! I'll do anything.. just don't stop me from finding myself. Don't stop me from getting to know my true self."

Mr. Jung sighed. He couldn't stand seeing his daughter like this anymore. He suddenly thought of something that could clear up the whole situation, "Fine.. I'll let you go," 

Before Mr. Jung could speak again, Mrs. Jung looked at him worriedly. He gave her a don't-worry look, and continued, "But I have one condition."

Jessica sniffed and wiped her tears away, "Anything, dad."

"You can only stay there for a year. To give yourself time to think over this marriage. But I'm still continuing this. I'm just postponing it for now."

Jessica thought about it and finally she nodded, "Okay.. But can it be two years?"

"Two years?" Mr. Jung sighed.

Jessica started to cry again and she sighed, "Appa.. One year isn't enough for me to find myself.."

"Aish, fine! But that's final. Two years." Mr. Jung finally smiled and took out his arms.

Jessica finally smiled and ran to her father. She hugged him tightly and cried again, but this time, out of happiness.

Jessica broke the hug and turned to her mother who didn't really look pleased with her husband's decision.

"O-Omma.." Jessica frowned. Mrs. Jung sighed, "Ah, what else am I supposed to do? I can't just ruin my daughter's happiness." She forced on a smile.

Jessica smiled tearfully and hugged her mom immediately, "Omma, thank you.. I love you."

"I love you too, my daughter. Just don't get to attached to Korea, okay?"

"Nae.."

It's okay. Even though my dad said he's just postponing the wedding, I'm pretty sure I can convince him in the end, once I find a better guy. Jessica thought positively.

-End of flashback-

"Yah. You're crying, again?" Sooyoung, who was sitting next to her, frowned.

"A-Aniyo.." Jessica pretended to be okay by smiling. Sooyoung sighed and carassed Jessica's head, "It's okay.. Don't feel bad. This is better than escaping without saying goodbye to them, right?" She smiled.

Jessica nodded numbly, but then she smiled, "Thanks Sooyoung. I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Anyways, prepare to sleep. This will be a long ride until we get home." Sooyoung smiled and put her head on Jessica's shoulder.

Home. Indeed, home. South Korea will be their hometown from now on. A new pla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter