Jung Jessica

My Mind Can Forget, but My Heart Can't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first snow landed on the 22nd of December. Jessica looked out the window. She was only a few miles away from her best friend, Taeyeon. 8-year-old Jessica went downstairs, and saw her parents at the kitchen. Her mother was cooking, while her dad was reading newspaper and drinking coffee. Jessica's older brother, Jung Soohyuk wasn't there. He was probably with his 'gang' again. 

"Omma, can I go to Taeyeon's house?"

Jessica's mom sighed, "Why? Don't you want to stay with your dad and I?"

Jessica's mom didn't really like Jessica being friends with Taeyeon. It wasn't because Taeyeon wasn't a good friend, but instead it was because Taeyeon was poor, and Jessica was rich. Mrs. Jung didn't want her daughter to get involved with poor people for certain reasons.

"Of course omma! But I just want to play with her for a few hours! Please omma? Appa?" Jessica made a cute puppy face to her parents. She wanted to see Taeyeon so badly that she even did aegyo which she didn't particularly like to do.

"Few hours? How many hours?" Mrs. Jung asked.

"Mm.. Just 2 or 3 will be enough!" Jessica exclaimed cutely. Mrs. Jung sighed, "Fine.. But your dad has to agree first."

Jessica stared at her dad with hopeful eyes. Mr. Jung sighed and smiled. He patted her daughter's head, "Aigoo, arasso.. Dad will just get ready okay?"

"Nae!" Jessica smiled brightly and left.

*****

Jessica arrived at Taeyeon's house and pressed her face upon the car window, excessively waving at Taeyeon who also excitedly waved back in the snow.

"Taeyeonnie!" Jessica smiled.

"Dongsaeng-ah!" Taeyeon grinned and ran to her. She greeted her with a warm hug on that cold day.

Jessica giggled, "Taeyeonnie, you look like Santa! You're so fat with all the layers of clothes you're wearing!"

Taeyeon laughed like an ajumma, "Hey! You look like an elf!"

"Ya! Just because I'm short?!" Jessica pouted.

Taeyeon smiled and swung her arm around Jessica's shoulder, "Ya, we're both short!" She laughed.

Jessica smiled, and picked up a snowball and threw it at Taeyeon.

"Haha! Got you!"

Taeyeon's mouth gaped and she grinned, "Hey! Come back here!"

They chased each other endlessly, laughing, until finally both of them got tired of running. They both lay on the cold snow, watching the snow fall down.

Taeyeon shyly held Jessica's hand, and Jessica smiled at her.

"Thank you, Sica.." Taeyeon said.

"For what?" Jessica asked curiously.

"For making me happy. For being my friend, and for everything."

"You're welcome Taeyeonnie! I love you!" 

"I love you too.." Taeyeon smiled, and held her hand tightly.

"Unnie wake up!"

Unnie? I have a younger sister? Jessica thought.

"UNNIE!"

Jessica blinked, and suddenly everything faded away.

"Unnie! Wake up!"

Jessica groaned. "5 more minutes.." She mumbled in her blanket. That dream.. I need to see her again..

"No! I just got scolded by mom because I let you sleep for 5 more minutes earlier! NOW WAKE UP!"

Jessica sighed, "Soojung.. Listen to unnie.. 5 more min-"

"Andwae! Now wake up! We're gonna be late for school!"

Jessica groaned and finally sat up half-asleep. She fully opened her eyes, remembering her incoherent dream. Taeyeon? She felt drowsy and tired just like every morning. Jessica used to not be as lazy, but after the car accident, she got even worse. She stared at the bright sunlight outside. It was the start of her 2nd week in America. Surprisingly, Jessica adapted pretty easily in her new home. It was like she belonged there.

Jessica stood up and walked down stair

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter