Bittersweet Past

My Mind Can Forget, but My Heart Can't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Taeyeon-ah! Wait! I'm sorry!" Jessica ran after Taeyeon while tears poured out of her eyes.

Taeyeon bit her lip to stop her tears from falling down. She stubbornly didn't listen to Jessica, and continued to walk down the street.

"Taeyeon-ah! Sorry..."

Suddenly everything became silent. Taeyeon noticed a few horrified stares direct towards Jessica.

Why are they looking at her like that? Taeyeon heard a loud horn, and she immediately turned around.

A truck was zooming right before her eyes, and finally she heard a crash.

Taeyeon suddenly felt her heart stop. She felt everything stop. Everyone around her gasped, and some even ran to help the lying body that was unconscious. 

"No.." Taeyeon stared traumatically at her lover's body lying on the tainted tar, with blood on her forehead.

"JESSICA!" Taeyeon ran weakly to her loved one. Her knees were trembling in trauma. Taeyeon cried, and shook the girl violently, "JESSICA, NO!"

The girl that was about to help Jessica stared at Taeyeon worriedly, "I.. I think we have to bring her to the hospital.." The girl worriedly spoke.

Taeyeon stared at her. Her eyes were filled with worry and anger. Anger in herself. Why didn't she listen to her? Why did she have to let her pride take over her, right this moment? Why did she have to be so stupid?

Taeyeon cried, and carried Jessica in a bridal style without a word to the other girl.

"Please.. call an ambulance.." Taeyeon mumbled weakly, as the remaining tears fell down.

"N-Nae.." The girl behind her stuttered. It seems like she was also severely shocked.

 

"Jessica.. Wake up.. I'm sorry.. I promise.. I'll never leave you again.." Taeyeon sobbed as she held the railings that supported her bed.
As they arrived at the Emergency Room, the nurses, blocked her from going in. Taeyeon sobbed and shook violently as her knees finally collapsed. She leaned her head against the wall, and gripped on her hair.

"Pabo.. Pabo.." Taeyeon punched her knees, and continued to cry.

The doctor came out after long hours, and approached Jessica's parents, and Taeyeon.

"H-How is she?" Jessica's mom asked.

The doctor inwardly sighed, "She's okay now.. But there is bad news."

Mrs. Jung stared at him in disbelief. She weakly sat down on the chair, and put her hand on her forehead. Mr. Jung comforted her by patting her back.

"W-What is it?" Taeyeon sniffed. Her eyes were red and puffy, and her face was very pale. She couldn't sleep the whole night, waiting outside until Jessica's operation was finished.

"The patient.. has long-term amnesia."

Everyone remained silent for a few seconds, until they finally reacted to it.

"Amnesia?!" Mrs. Jung exclaimed in horror. Mr. Jung didn't say anything, and he just gave the doctor a dejected look.

Taeyeon's heart stopped for almost eternity. Amnesia..? No.. Long-term Amnesia.. She.. forgot me. She doesn't remember me anymore.. I lost my chance. This is my punishment. My punishment for not listening to her. My punishment for being stubborn and selfish. 

Taeyeon felt her last tears roll down her cheeks. She stared at Jessica's parents, who just glared at her.

"You have no right to cry. This is all your fault." Mrs. Jung seriously glared at her in a hateful matter.

Mr. Jung scoffed, "You love my daughter? Tch. If you loved her.. You would've understood her."

The doctor awkwardly left, and Taeyeon bit her lip, "I-I'm sorry.."

"SORRY?! WHAT CAN YOUR SORRY DO?! Can it bring back my daughter's memories?!" Mrs. Jung finally burst out in anger. Taeyeon slightly flinched and
stared at Jessica's parents dejectedly, "I'm really...sorry.. that I'll do anything.. Anything so both of you can forgive me.."

"Nothing will- Actually.." Mr. Jung suddenly stopped as if he thought of a brilliant idea.

"You'll do anything?" He continued.

Taeyeon nodded without a word.

"Okay. Leave. Let her go. Don't ever appear in front of her face again. We will bring her to America. I just hope you'll do as what you said." Mr. Jung said coldly.

Taeyeon stared at him in shock, but then she looked down. *If this is all I can do.. for the best of both of us.. I'll sacrifice this love..*

Mr. and Mrs. Jung left without a word, knowing that the weak Taeyeon will do as she said.

Taeyeon fell on her knees, and cried with no more tears.

Because no more tears could be let out. 

She had cried out all her tears.

"Sorry Jessica.. but I'll always.. always love you." She mumbled between her tears.

Taeyeon woke up in a jolt, sweating.

"J-Jessica..

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter