Don't Go

My Mind Can Forget, but My Heart Can't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon's POV:

I turned to walk away but I suddenly heard her scream. My eyes rounded and I gasped. I turned around and saw her gripping her head tightly.

"J-Jessica!" I ran towards her but she screamed even more. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I began to hate myself more than ever. I cried as I felt the same pain she was experiencing right now. My fingers trembled as I took my phone out and called Yuri.

"The number you called is currently unavai-"

"Damn it!" I cussed under my breath as my other ear kept hearing Jessica crying and begging for the pain to go away. I couldn't take it anymore. I carried her like a bride and ran downstairs. Luckily after I reached the door leading outside, there was a taxi heading towards us. "Jessica, wait a little more.." I cried. However when I turned my head to look at her, she became unconscious. "Jessica.."

"Jessica, wake up.."

My eyes turned desperate as I ran towards the taxi and hurriedly told the driver to go to the emergency hospital.

 

"She's in a coma. Does she have any accounts of memory loss?"

I nodded while tears ran down my cheeks, "She's had long-term amnesia for about.. 2 years.. since she was 18." I managed to tell the doctor. He nodded and wrote some stuff down on a piece of paper, "There is good news though."

My eyes lightened up. All I wanted to hear was that she is in a stable condition and she'll wake up soon.

Unfortunately, it wasn't the answer I expected. 

"She's still not in a stable condition because of her tumor, but once the tumor goes away, she'll wake up and recover all her memories before and after the accident."

I smiled in relief as I heard the last part, "Y-You mean.. she'll remember.. all of it?"

The doctor nodded, and I smiled even wider, "Thank you so much.. but.."

The corner of my lips slowly went down and I sadly stared at the floor, "What happens if.. the surgery of taking out the tumor isn't successful?"

His head bowed down in guilt, "I'm sorry to say this but.. if it isn't successful.. she might lose all her memories again. Or even worse, the tumor might fully affect her brain and.. she can.."

A gasp escaped my lips but I could no longer cry. There were no more tears that could be shed, "Doctor, I beg you.. Please don't let that happen.. Please!" I cried out to him.

He sighed and put a hand on my shoulder, "Don't worry. We'll do the best we can."

I heard his footsteps slowly getting smaller and smaller. I leaned against the wall and covered my tear-stained face, No.. It's all my fault.. I shouldn't have forced her to remember.. I should've been more patient.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter