Rooftop

My Mind Can Forget, but My Heart Can't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One week has passed, yet Jessica still hasn't figured out Taeyeon's true identity. She feels something strange about Taeyeon. Jessica feels like Taeyeon plays a role in her life. In other words, she finds Taeyeon familiar. Very familiar.

Why is she always so quiet? Jessica wondered. She stared at Taeyeon at the other table, having lunch with her friends. However, she didn't seem to be as talkative as her friends. She would smile or chuckle sometimes, but that's it. She doesn't joke around often, and she seems pretty lonely and left out in their conversations.

Suddenly Taeyeon stood up and left the cafeteria, throwing her lunch tray in the trash. She was finished eating.

Jessica curiously watched her walk away, and she had the urge to follow her secretly.

"Hey guys.. Do you remember the name of the girl I dreamed of?"

"Not really.. I think it started with a T." Tiffany shrugged.

"Tae- something." Sooyoung added. Jessica rounded her eyes. Tae. Taeyeon? She raised an eyebrow, "Could it be.."

"What?" 

"T-Taeyeon?" Jessica blurted out. Tiffany smiled and Jessica curiously stared at her.

"Oh! That's her name! I remember now!" Tiffany clapped and nodded.

Jessica's eyes widened in an instant, "R-Really?!"

"Yeah! Anyways, why did you ask?"

"Because.. Isn't there a Taeyeon in our-"

"OH! There's a Taeyeon in our class!" Tiffany interrupted her again. Jessica gave a horrified look, "TIFFANY! Is your mind secretly using telepathy on my brain or something?!"

Tiffany shrugged, "Anyways, what if Taeyeon is the one? She's also very mysterious.." Sooyoung nodded along, agreeing with Tiffany, "You should go spy on her sometimes."

Jessica gave her a baffled look, "That's too dangerous. I can't just-"
"Yes you can. Look there's only 10 minutes left 'till lunch ends. Go now."

Jessica hesitated yet, she considered this idea. Should I? This might truly lead to my real life.. I might learn more things about me, through this girl. 

"It's either now or never, Sica." Sooyoung encouraged her.

*****

Jessica followed Taeyeon's footsteps, and she ended up facing a steel door. "What is this..?"

She suddenly caught a glimpse of Taeyeon's back from the window of the door. "Why is she here?" Jessica mumbled to herself. She let out a quiet sigh, and opened the door.

She carefully closed the door behind her, trying not to scare Taeyeon. Taeyeon probably wanted to be alone right now.

Jessica carefully went up the stairs, and saw Taeyeon leaning against the edge of the rooftop, facing the whole city.

Is she.. going to kill herself?! Jessica was completely horrified. Never once had she encountered someone making a suicide attempt.

Her emotionless personality.. The reason why she's always left out.. The reason why she's always quiet.. is this all because she doesn't want to live anymore?!

Meanwhile, Taeyeon was blankly staring at the view of the whole city once again. Memories of Jessica filled her mind again. This rooftop, or any roofto

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter