Final

Crashing Tides

A/N: Saying sorry won't be enough, this update so damn late that I'm like 'lol what's the point' BUT anyway, for whoever is still waiting ( thumbs up for you) or interested, here we go, final chappy- kinda lame in the end lol

 

Donghae, during his time in prison, had spent some of it imagining several bloody ways of torturing and killing his uncle. He was surprised and slightly alarmed at some severely inhumane methods his mind came up with. All those images and thoughts just helped him pass the time, the time that dragged itself like a snail. Well it was not that bad, he had someone to look forward to every day. Life in prison was horribly, frustrating and mundane. He was glad he had a few of his ex-crew mates along with Henry and Kyuhyun with him, so to reduce the anguish of being locked away.

And ofcourse, there was Hyukjae. All the longing and despair caused his mind to induce dark thoughts. Hyukjae was the source of all his anguish, had it not been for Hyukjae, Donghae would have had his freedom.

Yet…yet Hyukjae was the source of something amazing, something that had begun to gradually reform Donghae, Hyukjae was the source of the warm, giddy feelings inside, feelings he never really told anyone about. Feelings that made him forget all anguish and smile just at the thought of Hyukjae.

 

--

 

“Donghae! Found something, might want to see this”

Hints of ginger lingered at the split ends of his hair, a natural brown mop of tousled hair made him look like a new man. Which he was by now, inside out, Donghae was indeed someone new, someone different.

Nodding at the sound, he followed the man that had called out to him and began to descend from the Black Widow to the dock. Once a pirate ship, The Black Widow was now part of one of the first fleets of the Nation’s navy.

They had made a stop at one of the small islands that surrounded Boala and ever since then Donghae couldn’t get rid of a gloom that hovered over him like a grey cloud. Walking around the corner where the dock ended, Donghae was greeted by a sight he could never have imagined.

Henry stood there, peering at him with deep concern and by his feet, sat a slumped figure. Bony, wrinkled and fatigued and filthy, sat Donghae’s uncle.

Donghae didn’t even feel the squeeze of Kyuhyun’s hand on his shoulder, he was numb, sent tumbling down a bottom less pit of rage and cold indifference. He didn’t even realize he had unsheathed his sword and marched right up to hover over the weak form till Henry pushed himself in between, staring imploringly into the burning gaze of Donghae’s

“Hyung, don’t”

“Henry, step aside”

“Look at him, he’s worse than death” hissed the younger assertively, there was something in his words that snapped Donghae out of the blind fury. Snapped him out just enough for him to think over the words, for Henry to assertively continue and back Donghae off a bit “Look at his condition Hyung, he’s worse off right now, somethings are worse than death remember?”

The intensity of Donghae’s glare dimmed, eyes wandering over to the sight of a shivering old man, an old man who looked up at Donghae with pure doubt

And fear

It was as if the old man knew Donghae would swing his sword at him, seeing Donghae hold it off just made the once-great-captain shiver in fear of impending doom. He groaned, restless and almost begging Donghae to be done with it.

The sight sickened Donghae, yet at the same time satisfied him.

“Leave him be, life’s doing enough with him.” Kyuhyun’s cold tone made Donghae look the now verbally pleading man over once and then he whipped around, marching back to the ship feeling absolutely light. The dark cloud of gloom absolutely gone, he had spent all that time in prison thinking of ways to avenge himself and his father, yet today when he had finally-by chance- come face to face with the villain, he had seen Fate had caught up and avenged Donghae for him.

Donghae left the island light-headed and content. Henry was right, donghae’s uncle was nothing more than utterly dead on the inside.

 

--

“You did the right thing, killing him would have just ended his misery. Though he is still in the list of wanted criminals..”

Donghae nods at Hyukjae’s words, taking a few seconds before he responded “In my book, justice has been done, throwing him behind bars would have been just a formality..”

“You’re not the law, babe” Hyukjae utters softly, threading fingers through the dark, shoulder length hair, which helped Donghae relax and set his head back on Hyukjae’s shoulder “I know. Fine, I’ll send out a small group to get him picked up”

“Thank you”

Donghae smiles into Hyukjae’s eyes. Life had sure done him good. Not only he had managed to become ‘official’ with Hyukjae, he had tried his luck at applying for a position in boala’s army and had managed to nab a spot Iieutenant in the navy and as a surprise from Fate, he had ended up serving on the Black Widow.

Donghae hums softly, eyes fluttering shut and softly exhaling as Hyukjae’s lips feather along the side of his neck, nibbling at his earlobe. Feeling teased Donghae grunts, scowling softly yet it quickly fades at the soft husky chuckles. His eyelids open to meet a pair of sharp brown eyes intently watching him. Hyukjae smiles softly, rolling in bed to pull Donghae on top of him and indulging in his touches and kisses.

Life had become a rollercoaster ride for both of them from the moment they had come face to face. Burning glares with a single intent of destroying each other gradually turned into something else. Something they could have never dared to imagine, yet here they were, a cowboy raider and former pirate, tangled limbs and breathless moans and absolutely and utterly in love.