To Battle

Crashing Tides

 “Why the hell do I need to wear this goddamn thing under my shirt?” he tugged at the bullet proof vest under the  shirt, dirt marks already visible on the white shirt and Hyukjae found himself wondering how Donghae managed dirtying his clothing this quick.

“It’s called a bullet proof vest, you will thank me alter, now then, remember what I said?”

Donghae threw him a look “Yes mother.”

Hyukjae sighed, no matter how many times he reassured himself, the fear that was attached to this soon to be initiated battle was gnawing at his nerves and this was bad, a panicked soldier, was a dead soldier, he seriously needed to get himself together and get his game on.

“Oie you.”  Brought back by Donghae’s voice Hyukjae turned his head in time to find Donghae grabbing at Hyukjae’s shirt and kissing him, lips mushed together strongly. Donghae abruptly pulled away, peering intently into Hyukjae’s eyes “I’ll be seein’ ya?”

“You bet” Hyukjae muttered, gently pushing him away “Now go, your men need you.”

“Right.” Donghae nodded, they cast another look at each other and finally parted ways, parting was always difficult. Though at times like this, in battle, Hyukjae wanted to be by Donghae’s side all the way. Hyukjae’s grip tightened around the holder of his revolver as he slipped from under the low-hanging branches of the Jungle trees, the previous hesitation faded off and determination filled in.

--

“Kyu-gege! Get down!” Henry yelled, swinging his sword just as Kyuhyun ducked, effectively slicing at the Pirate’s torso who was trying to sneak up on Kyuhyun from behind. Of course that didn’t kill the grey-eyed opponent; he groaned and stared at his slashed chest that now oozed blood. It turned out that only part of Captain’s crew had been given the magical potion, hence making them immortal.

“Thanks!” Kyuhyun breathed, swinging his own sword around to slice the groaning pirate’s head off. Huffing he crouched, stepping away from a battling pair of pirates as he took in the view:

It was chaotic, loud and the air was heavy with sizzling tension. The metallic scent of blood already wafting to them as clangs and shouts filled the air.

It had all started abruptly, when one of the Pirates had raised his sword in challenge against The Captain, the Captain had laughed mockingly and engaged him in battle only to realize that slowly several other men were whipping out their swords, the rest had been baffled by this blatant display of re rebellious behavior. Soon a scuffle had started and it grew till crew mates found themselves heatedly battling it out. Swords clanging and hissing, guns going off and confusion struck the minds as loud words such as “Mutiny” and “kill ‘em back-stabbing scums” were shouted. Adrenaline and anger fueled and the deck presented the sight out a mini-war.

“Where do ye’ think yer goin’?” The Captain halted abruptly, gaping as he turned to face the one person he had long thought to be dead. “Donghae??” The incredulous look on his face amused Donghae. Shoulders tensed and twin blade swords armed and ready in both his hands Donghae smirked “I always did love getting’ reaction out of ye’.”

“and here I thought ye’ were dead, why dun ye just stay dead like yer father?”

Donghae’s face hardened “Oh I couldn’t die just yet, not before I end ye’.”

The Captain growled, “Ye lot are only a handful compared to my men, look around ye’! my men are cutting yers down like trees.” whipping out his sword and charging right at him, some of the men on Captain’s side also went for him, Donghae tensed, smoldering eyes calculating distance and his mind rushing as he readied himself for battle.

--

Meanwhile Hyukjae and a few others were leading a large number of Force’s soldiers, though currently they were forced to seek refuge behind large boulders on the rocky beach, several Pirates constantly fired in their direction, hence making it hard for Hyukjae to progress towards The Black Widow.

He needed Sungmin to clear the way, his grip tightened onto his submachine gun “Sungmin, come on pal” Hyukjae murmured, daring to sneak a peek over the boulder he was hunched behind, a few bullets clipped at the boulder’s  tip and he ducked right back, huffing.

Anytime now.

“They’re here!” one of his men yelled out, Hyukjae’s head snapped up, and eyes trained to the sky and then the very welcomed sound of rumbling greeted his ears. He grinned as dark blue dots in the sky took shape of jets piercing the winds, soaring like trained missiles to their target point.

 

Sungmin flew the jet that led the rest of the fleet, lips tilted in a smirk as he cocked his head to observe the situation on the ground. He needed to clear the path for Hyukjae’s forces to back-up Donghae on the ship.

“Ah, poor Hyuk’s cornered.” He muttered under his breath before speaking into his mouth piece “Fire at will.”

Sparks flew as the fighter jets rained bullets down onto the part of the crew that held away Hyukje’s unit of soldiers. The ground was pelted and pounded with bullets and the pirate’s scrambled, darting here and there for cover.

“Alright move move move!” Hyukjae shouted and his ground-based unit jumped out from behind boulders, sprinting to the Black Widow while, firing at the distressed group of Pirates that had been effectively scattered by the roaring jets up above. The jets flew ahead, turning around in a circle to create a second wave of aerial back-up. Sungmin peered close down as he flew over the ship, seeing plenty of blood being spilled on deck. Clenching his jaw he turned his jet, cutting through wind as he skyrocketed back to lead his fleet.

 

--

 

Sounds of rapid gunfire filled the air, muting the sounds of swords and  making the Captin skid to a stop to look about in confusion. Most of the Pirate crew held possession to swords, which was their main weapon for combat, hence gunfire certainly alerted them.

“Ah, sounds like back-up arrived.” Donghae bit out before rushing forth and pounced onto the Captain. A stout man attempted to block his path but donghae whipped around, kicking him out of the way and then rammed his sword into the captain’s already raised sword. Donghae pushed down with all his strength, jaw clenched as his aura darkened. Smoldering chocolate eyes peered into grey ones.

Grey eyes

Donghae’s eyes widened at the realization that the Captain had taken a dose of Pandora as well, perhaps the shock gave the Captain time and space to push donghae away. The swirling grey hue in the Captain’s eyes made Donghae grit his teeth. “Ye can’t kill me boy, don’t ya get it.” The Captain laughed hoarsely, sneering as he waved off some of his men “ I’m immortal now. This fights is our boys, no one steps in.”