Sealing The Deal

Crashing Tides

“Is The Chief in?”

Secretary Jin abruptly stood to salute Sungmin and Hyukjae “Good morning sirs! Yes he is sir!”

“At ease young man. Let him know we need to talk of an important matter regarding the crew of the Black Widow.”

Jin nodded vigorously, pressing a button on the intercom and communicating their message to The Chief who instantly called the two in.

Chief waved dismissively as they entered “sit, sit. I’ve been eager to hear from you two” Sungmin and Hyukjae shared a look as they relaxed and sat onto the two leather chairs in front of the Chief’s table. The two had rehearsed the whole thing several times before actually coming in, now all they had to do was hope for the best. Sungmin took a deep breath and spoke first “We may just have gained a vital…source of information, sir.”

Hyukjae witnessed the Chief’s face as it lit up, the senior officer leaned forth, forearms resting on top of the darkly painted table “Go on?”

“Said source has been awfully cooperative, sir. You must remember the first-mate known as Donghae? The one we even got verification about.” Hyukjae paused as the Chief quickly brought out a file from one of the drawers, flipping it open to where a perfect sketch of donghae was shown. “That’s him, yes sir, not just he but a few more of the crew, are willing to give themselves up, provided the Captain be taken down and provided they can apply for leniency in treatment, they are also willing to share all sorts of information we ask for.”

“It’s a 100% cooperation from their part sir, seems they are all up for Mutiny against the Captain.” Sungmin added, keeping his tone as neutral as Hyukjae’s and so far the Chief seemed to be considering it.

“Which does seem to bei n our interest…well do you have them behind bars yet?”

“They are presently in hiding sir.” Hyukjae smoothly replied “According to them, if their demands will be fulfilled, only then will they step out and tell us everything.”

The Chief stared at Hyukjae thoughtfully “How much have we negotiated with them yet?”

“We couldn’t go all the way sir, we needed your approval.”

Nodding he slowly rose from his seat and gestured to the two “In that case, I’ll like to personally go talk to them, it’s not every day that a first mate of one of the most dangerous crew offers himself up. Especially when there is not much for them in it. Arrange us a meeting place please. Dismissed.”

 

---

The negotiations were to happen near a small lake, donghae had initially not liked the idea but Hyukjae had managed to convince him. Hyukjae and Sungmin were to arrive as a part of a caravan escorting the Chief. They stopped on one side of the lake while Donghae stood on the other with Henry, Kyuhyun and some other men they had managed to sneak out of the ship. Donghae didn’t let any of his nervousness show. He stood straight, shoulders squared with smoldering kohl lined eyes peering straight into The Chief’s.

Hyukjae may or may not have felt himself being by how Donghae looked at that moment.

Confident and smug Donghae stood in all his Pirate-y glory, on his right and left flank stood Henry and Kyuhyun, eyes subtly darting around to keep a check whether one of the officers were trying to make a ‘funny’ move on them. Meanwhile men in all white uniform stood alertly behind The Chief, Hyukjae and Sungmin, eyeing the group of Pirates cautiously.

“Such a honor to have ye, the Chief himself, come to see us.” Donghae nodded formally, corner of his lips quirking up a bit “Although I assure ye’, so much security won’t be required, we mean no harm.” One of the pirates snorted at the statement, quickly silenced once Henry threw a deadly glare.

“A Pirate claiming to mean no harm, good to see you have a sense of humor.” The Chief matched Donghae’s confident gaze, Hyukjae was studying their interaction closely. “I shall cut to the chase: my men here informed me about you along with some of your crew, seeking to help us with the apprehending of your crew and your ship, provided you all be granted leniency after you all give your selves in willingly.”

Donghae maintained his self-assured disposition, subtly clenching the holder of his sword that remained sheathed. “Ye’ have been informed correctly, my crew and I will stick to our word if ye’ stick to yers.”

The Chief actually grinned “Then I have a proposal for you which you and your men might find interesting.”

 

That elevated Donghae’s interest

“It seems the idea of rebellion attracts you lot, how would you bunch like to actually go ahead and raid your ship? Provided you do not turn on The Force later on.”

Cocking his head shook his head “ If we had any intentions to attack you guys, I would not be turnin’ on my own crew, so ye’ don’t have to stress about us, ye’ all have my word.”

---

 

The Captain smirked contently, as the sailor before him turned a gothic grey before his skin complexion returned to a normal hue, the sailor’s eyes however remained a cold grey color.

Captain glanced over to another man “Shoot ‘im”

“W-what”

“I said shoot ‘im!”

The man paled, nervously took out his gun and aimed it at the grey-eyed man who stood there looking absolutely indifferent. The gun was fired, the bullet hit the head, blood sipped as the man stumbled, but nothing else happened.

Rest of the crew gaped as the one who got shot simply raised his hand to wipe away the blood oozing out the side of his head and blinked blankly at the Captain who grinned like the devil.

“Nothin’ can stop me now.”