Troubling Times

Crashing Tides

The sky was a clear bright blue, puffy white clouds occasionally floating upon the horizon and calm tamed tides gave a feeling of calmness and tranquility to the beach. However the sight Henry had just witnessed was anything but tranquil. He had been spying on The Captain ever since they had returned from the negotiations with The Force. How Henry wished he had not seen the uncanny incident just now, he would surely need to bleach his eyes and his mind.

Henry had peered through the wooden planks of one of the door that lead to the lower deck, he had witnessed how one of their men named Chen had been  ordered by the captain to drink a deep blue liquid, Chen had done so and instantly his skin had turned grey. Henry had slapped a hand onto his mouth from shrieking as chen’s skin went back to back to normal and the next thing he knew Chen was shot in the end. Henry had expected him to die, not to just stumble a little as if something had bumped into him.

Was The Captain producing an army of  grey-eyes zombie who could not be killed?!

 

“Enjoyin’ the view?” someone whispered and Henry whipped around, managing to strangle a startled scream, chest heaving he locked his gaze with Khuhyun.

Freaked out Henry set a hand on his chest, feeling his heart beat wildly “ I thought it was one of them!!”

Kyuhyun smiled, borderline apologetic as he patted Henry’s shoulder “Didn’ mean to startle ye’ but what are ye’ lookin’ at?”

“It’s not safe here” Henry frantically whispered “We lot need to get out of here very soon, come on, we need to let the others know!”

--

As soon as Hyukjae entered his apartment, he felt something was off. It was an average sized, two bedroom apartment on the second story of a shop owned by a kind elderly couple who had rented it out to him. Usually the light fixed onto his balcony was always kept on and it was directly viewable from the main entrance. So when Hyukjae saw that it was indeed off. His hand swiftly went for his revolver. Perhaps he was being overly cautious, but he had reasons to be so, the situation with the Pirates was worse than ever.

 Slipping his revolver out he tensed his body, arms stretched and safety clicked off. Crouching he inched from the entrance to the living room, then the kitchen which had a hall leading to the two rooms.

That’s when he heard suppressed grunts from one of his rooms and taking a deep breathe he burst into the room “Freeze!”

A very shocked Donhae glanced up from where he was crouching in front of the small television, only to smile in relief upon seeing Hyukjae. Hyukjae’s tensed arms dropped to his side, gun slipping out as he walked over and promptly embraced Donghae “How’d you get here?”

“Sensei lent me a huge cloak of his, wore that.”

“Idiot, it’s not safe to be walking around Boala like this, I was coming over in the morning either way.”

“I missed you” it was barely there, but Hyukjae caught it, the lingering insecurity in Donghae’s tone. Hyukjae pulled back his face, arms tightly holding Donghae. Hyukjae’s eyes softened at Donghae’s worried expressions “You trust me?”

“Of coure Hyukjae.”

“I trust you too.”

“It’s not that..” donghae trailed off, downcast eyes preventing Hyukjae from witnessing all those emotions swirling around.

“Hae, is something wrong?”

Donghae finally did look up, a sad smile lingering on his lips “This is…probably a bomb of a question but…what am I to you? Are we just some forbidden lovers?”

Hyukjae was silently gazing into those eyes for a moment “Lovers? Now that just sounds shallow and fleeting. You are someone important, someone I’ll wait for years to come back to me, I don’t care how long I’ll have to wait but I’ll wait for you.”

“Why” Donghae’s voice cracked, his hands slidding up Hyukjae’s torso to hold onto Hyukjae’s nape “I’m a criminal, I’ve done bad things, complicated yer life—“

Plump lips were promptly pressed onto his, effectively stopping Donghae’s heart-breaking rambling. Whimpering for more Donghae’s body caved in, pressed entirely against Hyukjae he was reminded of their first kiss. How the tingling sensations still burst throughout his body. Heat pooled in the pit of his stomach as he felt lust take on, but this time it was more, so much more than just raw lust, something he barely dared admit to himself. Hyukjae tilted his head to deepen the kiss, hands travelling lower to hold Donghae up who was apparently, literally melting in his arms.

“I love you” Hyukjae whispered against Donghae’s lips, sending a tremor down donghae’s body. Hooded eyes met each other. Donghae searched Hyukjae’s eyes “Even though I’ve never loved…I’ve only lusted and I did lust after ye’ Hyuk…but it’s different, it’s been different fer a long time now.” Seeing Hyukjae smile he sighed in pleasant awe “I just never want to miss this smile of yers. Always wanna be close to ye and only ye’ look over at the sunset and watch fireworks sparkle against the dark horizon…so this is how love is like..”

This whole scene was getting too emotional for Hyukjae to handle, he felt the urge to do something before he bawled onto Donghae’s shoulders and so being the joker he was he grinned mischievously “So, you’re saying you love me too?” Hyukjae’s heart was positively bubbly, flying with the confirmation of love, he had totally understood what Donghae had said, then again it was fun getting reactions out of Donghae.

Donghae’s mellow gaze turned into a playful glare “ We were havin’ a moment here, ye’ brat. Of course I love ye’!”

“Ah, I caught myself a sappy sailorman.”

Donghae growled as he pushed against Hyukjae, shoving him back, who oh so conveniently fell right onto his bed, mouth gaped as he cackled away, sure after this night things would change dreadfully, he wondered when would be the next time he could have Donghae crawling onto him like this, he wondered when he’d be able to see that threatening face that was not threatening at all.

 

Atleast they had this night to themselves and Hyukjae planed on living this moment as much as he could. He wanted to engrave each and every sight as he rolled Donghae over, placing kisses all over his face while entrapping donghae’s infuriated hands that constantly tried to slap him away. “Well you’re in luck baby~” Donghae huffed, heck he was already trying not to blush but this scoundrel knew exatly how to make his face go red “tonight, once the clock strikes midnight, a huge fireworks display would be held, it’ll be Boala’s indepence day.”

Donghae smirked, discarding all worries for tomorrow and focused on just this one moment “Then let’s have a lil celebration of our own in advance.” Abruptly jerking to his side he rolled himself over Hyukjae, resulting the two to fall off of the bed. Hyukjae winced but laughed either way “Celebration?”

“I’ll have you, all of you” Donghae’s lips were already ghosting over Hyukjae’s neck, his back arched, not trying to stop Donghae’s hands from pull his shirt off of him as he teasingly rocked his hips up against Donghae’s “Fine, as long as I get to have you too.”

“And then we watch fireworks?”

“Oh babe, I’ll turn you into one.”

 

This night was there’s.

 

--

 

Meanwhile a shadow followed close behind Sungmin. Sungmin had noticed a while ago, once he had begun to take his usual shortcut through sparsely populated alleyways to his home. His hand had subtly traced over his belt where his gun hung loosely. Taking another sharp turn around the corner Sungmin pressed his back against the cold wall, waiting for his pursuer to come up. The second a head appeared Sungmin sprang into action, arm coiling around the person’s neck and tightening to hold the person in a head lock. Promptly pressing his gun onto the  person’s temple he hissed “Name. now.”

“Geez calm yerself, it’s me Kyuhyun.”

The tension on his face made room for shock and sungmin instantly let go and spun the body around, in the dim light of the moon he stared is disbelief at a frowning Kyuhyun. Sungmin’s eyes darted around “What the hell are you doing here?! Are you nuts walking about-“

“Shut yer trap! I’ve come to warn ye lot.” Kyuhyun’s lip twitched in an annoyed manner “That Cap’n of ours is makin’ some kinda un-killable army, turnin’ the crew by makin’ ‘em drink some blue weird .”

Sungmin gaped “ The Pandora…”

“Yea whatever, so what the do we do now? Plus I can’t find Hae, ye’ know where he’s at?”

Sungmin cocked his head "Let's head over to Hyukjae."

--

a/n: ha implied

kyumin headed to interrupt the ay time

tsk