Prisoners

Crashing Tides

Yesung was armed with double rifles, the dark-haired man gazed around with an almost bored expression as he blasted away, shooting in a rather free-lance mode which made Kangin snap at him about aiming properly lest he killed one of his own men. Yesung stopped firing and pointed towards the walls of the ship. Men of The force, all dressed in grey jumped onto the deck and engaged in battle. Swords soon dropped as bullets flew, piercing through bodies and making them wither till they dropped. Kyuhyun joined his side, the three stood back-to-back hence forming a triangle of sorts, swords clashing with however came in their way. Since most of the crew was fighting from The Captain’s side, the rebelling Pirates were quickly being overwhelmed, so the appearance of the Force’s soldiers helped them fight on.

Hyukjae pounced, hitting the of his rifle at the back of a Pirate’s head who was attacking from Kyuhyun’s blind side. Kyuhyun spun around to grin “Took your time.”

“Glad to know you missed me.” Hyukjae shot him a quick grin, Kyuhyun didn’t get time to retort as another enemy came flying at them, they ducked hence the enemy landed onto Kangin.

“He’s yours!” Kyuhyun shouted over his shoulder. “Where’s Donghae?” Hyukjae pressed his side against Kyuhyun, eyes darting everywhere. Kyuhyun pointed the tip of his blade “By the wheel.”

“We needed to regroup!” Hyukjae grumbled, witnessing Donghae being in them idle of a heated fight with the Captain.

 

 “Regroup!” was shouted and suddenly Donghae’s ‘army’ pulled away, flanking the sides of the members of The Force. The Captain’s men gathered on the other side, two armies faced each other, huffing and panting.

Stepping up Hyukjae glared at the rowdy group of Pirates “Drop your weapons and surrender!” he shouted over to roar of the waves “There is no way out, the ship’s surrounded from all sides. Captain!”

 

Donghae grabbed for Captain’s nape and smashed his head against the wooden railing, instantly jerking his head up by clenching onto the strands of hair as he growled in his ear “Look! Look at what’s become of yer bloody crew! Ye wanna keep on fighting and make more war??”

The roar of the fleet of fighter jets was heard once again as they flew over the ship, the sight of missile fitted killing machines intimidated the Captain but not for long. He guffawed like a manic as he shoved himself from Donghae’s hold “I’m finally immortal!! Ye think I’ll just give up now? Yer dad was as pathetic as ye, always talkin’ about giving up !”

Donghae knew he should not allow anything the Captain said to provoke him, but that comment sure hit a sensitive nerve, donghae saw red but even before he could take a step a bullet hit Captain on his temple. He staggered as blood sprang out bt otherwise showed no signs of damage. Donghae tried to aim for Captain’s hand that held the sword but tripped and instead slashed at captain’s ankle.

The blood-curdling scream that escaped Captain at that moment surprised Donghae. The bullet simply jerked Captain but his misaimed slash at the ankle had actually made him cry out

Which could mean only one thing…

“Their ankle’s their weak spot!” Donghae yelled out loud to his men and the Force that stood in a standoff with the rest of the crew.

It happened in a split second, all Donghae registered was the Captain flinging himself over board. Gasping he stared down as the Captain dropped into the sea with a splash. Bent on getting to him Donghae almost jumped after him when a hand pushed him away from the edge.

“Don’t Donghae!”

Having stumbled back his heated stare landed on Hyukjae, his face looking slightly bruised but otherwise fine, Hyukjae stood infront of him, hand reaching out. “It’s over.”

“No!” Donghae raged “It’s not over, that rat’s still alive down there!”

“My men are already onto him! His part of the crew’s surrendered as well”

Having been too focused on finishing off his uncle, Donghae was barely in touch with what was going on the main deck. His eyes flashed at several of his ex-crew mates dropping their swords, confused and disoriented due to their Captain having ditched them just like that.

“See? They are not willing to fight anymore, since the man they were fighting for just bailed on them.”

Donghae panted, only now feeling the sting and pain off cuts and bruises he had received during his fight. He witnessed more men of The Force arriving and apprehending the crew. Those who had fought from donghae’s side were separately being escorted down the ship. Donghae’s rage subsided as his eyes darted about “where’s Kyu?? Henry??-“

“Come” Hyukjae’s soft tone made the anxious Pirate look his way “They are all well, down at the beach…”sadness lingered in Hyukjae’s gaze as two soldiers walked up to them with handcuffs in their hands. Donghae felt his body grow rigid, he inched away, seeing this Hyukjae stopped the men and took the handcuffs himself, slowly walking over to Donghae he peered into those oh so expressive eyes.

“Trust me.” Hyukjae whispered, as he gradually took hold of Donghae’s hands and gently took away his swords. Donghae grew entirely silently, eyes downcast as he hardly registered the cold solid cuffs latching around his wrists.

--

Hyukjae and Sungmin did the overseeing of the transfer of prisoners themselves. Hyukjae looked grave, but Sungmin knew he was just trying to hold back the rampage of emotions inside from coming onto his face. Jaw clenched Hyukjae held onto donghae’s cuffs himself, behind Donghae stood his group on rebellions, including Henry and Kyuhyun, all having solemn expressions on their faces as turn by turn they were led into their cells. The prisoners had been divided, those who were meant to be hanged were taken to a separate building, while those who fought with Donghae and had helped the force, were taken to another building consisting, mostly, of jails.

Hyukjae felt heavy-headed as he himself swung open the heavy door of Donghae’s cell, expressionless eyes staring into the oh so expressive chocolate orbs. Donghae stared longingly, ignoring the stern orders of stepping in. He didn’t want to go, not just yet. This could possibly not be goodbye, not just yet.

Trust me

Hyukjae’s words echoed in his mind as he finally dropped his gaze and walked into the cold room that would be his ‘home’ for a long time.

--