New Allies

Crashing Tides

 

 

The surge of emotions that burst through Hyukjae had his body moving on its own. Hyukjae lurched  forward to grab at Donghae’s shoulders and yanked him up flinching at the pained hiss when the skin of his injured back got stretched a bit too much.

“Who the are you to say what’s good for me?! I don’t remember thinking even bothering thinking whether you’ll be good or bad for me because even that would not change how I had begun to feel for you. You bastard, you crept onto my heart and invaded it entirely, and now you say let you go! What’s with this resignation huh? Who are you and what the have you done to my Donghae?” growling furiously, he had no idea he was shouting which had Donghae averting his gaze “He’s gone.”

“Gone?! That Donghae who claims he’s fought of the Kraken, the Donghae who walked around all smug like the world was for him to take and rule, where is that egotistical cocky piece of ?!”

Donghae eyes flashed dangerously as he met Hyukjae’s gaze. Hyukjae stared heatedly into those smoldering eyes, yes that was more like it “There you are” tenderly he loosened his grip on donghae’s shoulders. Hearing Hyukjae’s voice soften had the fury in Donghae’s eyes dissipating; now all Hyukjae saw was simply one thing.

Fear.

“Talk to me babe” the term of endearment had some effect on Donghae, his eyes softened as he leaned in to gently press his forehead against Hyukjae’s.

“I’m scared Hyuk, I don’t- I can’t imagine being trapped behind a set of bars, all day all night, losing everything that I’ve always strived to never let go of. My freedom—“ Donghae suddenly halted, the proximity enabling the him to see identical emotions flash in Hyukjae’s eyes

 “Hyuk, you would know…you would know, how it must feel, to simply hand yourself over. I swore to myself I would never be captured, so I ran and ran, flying with the wind…and now-now I’m supposed to walk over by myself and simply hand myself over? And then what shall become of what’s rightfully mine? The Black Widow, that ship’s mine to inherit.”

“I do know how it feels, I felt torn, anguished, as if the world was over and s if someone was squeezing the life out of me, I had absolutely no idea what will become of me Hae because no one was there to look after me, for all I know, I might not have existed anymore…due the murder of my father-the person who adopted me- all most proofs of my crimes were washed away, with his death. Hence, I was charged only for some. Huh, come to think of it, I have’nt even paid for everything…”

“Yet you ask me to pay for mine?

Donghae’s question silenced Hyukjae for a while. The silence was broken-not by Hyukjae- but the soft knocking at the door. The two pulled away to straighten up and Sensei’s head peaked through the gap as the door opened a bit.

“Children, I apologize but I could not help but overhear…I was just outside and then uh, you both got loud so I called Sungmin” Sensei’s sheepish smile had both Hyukjae and Donghae shaking their heads “We are sorry Sensei, we should have been careful and not gotten loud.”

‘Careful boys, you sound like you’re implying something else” Sungmin who appeared behind Sensei smirked suggestively. While Donghae sent him a smoldering glare, Hyukjae hummed as if he was contemplating on getting to ‘something else’ soon. Donghae playfully kicked Hyukjae aside as he stood up, only now bothering to properly wear the shirt and button it up, Hyukjae looked positively disappointed.

Sensei and Sungmin proceeded into the room, grinning at their antics. “Sons, in the light of what I heard, I would like to say something.”

The rest became more serious as they asked Sensei to carry on “When a storm comes, every being looks for a shelter, or runs away to perhaps a safer area. However hiding or running away, are not solutions, they are merely means to temporarily gain time and space, to figure things out. A shelter is not a destination and running away never rids one of a problem, the only path to take is the path that leads forward and your only true enemy and hero, are you yourself.”

Sensei’s words drifted in the now silent room, the three took their time, letting those words sink in.

It was Sungmin whose mind raced to a point that suddenly made him feel like they had an answer to their current dilemma. “Sensei, with all due respect, will you kindly allow donghae to remain in your care for a day or two, as a shelter?”

Surprised by Sungmin’s words Donghae blinked “but you-“

Sungmin smiled “ I know, I suggested making you ‘willingly’ give yourself up but now that I think about it, you should be better off if Hyuk and I first go do some research about just how leniently such criminals will be treated, those who surrender themselves and help the Force. Meanwhile, you can stay put, here with Sensei and we will come update you about it. What do you two say?”

Donghae was happy, he expressed it by instantly lunging at Sungmin to hug the life out of him, while Hyukjae was simply glad that Sungmin had shifted in his thinking, at least now they had time, nothing was to be done suddenly and that felt great. His gaze flicked to Sensei who stood smiling softly and Hyukjae was in absolute awe at how the elder man oozed peaceful aura, it was as if Sensei’s presence itself was a gust of fresh, soothing air. Somewhat overwhelmed, Hyukjae bowed to him fully, only to have Sensei gushing over what a good boy Hyukjae was.

“I know right? I have great taste in men.” Hyukjae heard Donghae’s smug statement and smiled wider as he straightned up.

The cocky Donghae had returned. His Donghae.

 

 

 

After several reassurances and kisses Hyukjae finally set off, making his way to the Headquaterters with a new objective in mind. Sungmin and he rode along as the horses descended the hill. The sun was barely looming upon the horizon, and only then had Hyukjae realized how they had spent the sunny part of the day u there.

“So no more talk of not being good for one another? No more nonsense about running away, ok? Please still be here when I come back.”

Donghae tugged at his collar to bring him in, an apologetic smile lingering on his lips “I was too upset, I said that all in a rush of negative emotions- it was a mistake, it’s a fact I can’t function over a few days without needing you in my arms”

“Nor can I”

Those pleading eyes of Hyukjae’s finally smiled, the lingering kisses were reassurances enough; no one was going anywhere.

“So you two cool now?” Sungmin’s voice brought him back, smiling brightly he nodded “Yeah, he was just so overwhelmed and upset; he didn’t mean what he said.”

“Well that’s good; we honestly don’t need additional drama, with how the situation is now.”

“True.”

As the path they rode on got less uneven they slowed their horses to a trot as they maneuvered through an unmonitored growth of wild trees with branches spreading out like crocked fingers, making it look like they were entering a forest.

That’s when, from his peripheral view, Sungmin saw two shadows looming, he had only managed to shout at Hyukjae to stop who pulled at his stallion’s reins just in time. Two figures jumped out from behind the tress, the first thing the two officers noticed were the glinting swords that were slowly raised up.

It didn’t take too long for them to guess they faced Pirates and soon enough the two figures showed their faces.

“Hand over Donghae to me or else I swear I’ll rip out your entrails with my bare hands” snarled Kyuhyun as he expertly swung a sword in one hand while keeping a double-barreled gun leveled at the officers.

---

A/n: lol the last chapter apparently gave you all a heartattack, so here you go, i never did plan on separating them ha ;)