Crumbling Blocks

Crashing Tides

He blinked, wide brown eyes peering through the misty glass, his view was blurred but not bad enough to prevent him from recognizing his father. Gasping in delight Donghae called out to his father

“Dad! Daaad!!”

It seemed his father didn’t hear him, donghae huffed, disappointed ash e continued to watch. He had always been amazed by his father. The man had broad shoulders, a broad face structure, handsome and authoritative at the same time.

The next thing he knew, he felt himself running to him, calling out to his father but it felt as if the more he ran the farther his father got. His uncle was there now, the two brothers seemed t obe arguning over something. That’s when Donghae saw it.

The whole world froze as he saw his father being stabbed in the stomach by Donghae’s uncle. Then a flash of red and his father’s body was thrown to the hungry waves of the ocean.

Donghae didn’t hear himself scream but when he came too, his brain registered being held in someone’s arms and being coaxed with gentle words. Donghae groaned angrily, not yet being able to tell dream apart from reality, he tried pushing the body that was holding him down.

“Hae?”

That voice

“Hyukjae?” lifting his sleep-ridden eyes he was met with a pair of worried brown orbs.

“Oh”

“Bad dream?”

Bad? That word was an understatement, it was as if he had had one of those visions again, only this time, it was without head-splitting pain. The medicine Sensei gave must have had it’s own magic to it. Donghae nodded either way, pressing his lips together grimly as he relaxed his body against Hyukjae’s chest “Horrible…I saw uncle stabbing dad and-an-“ Feeling a surge of anger, sorrow and shock rush through him he stumbled over his words.

Hyukjae tightened his arms around Donghae, gently rocking the upset Ginger-head, wishing there was more he could do.

“I’ll kill ‘im”

Hyukjae blinked down at the Pirate, face scrunched in utter anger, red-rimmed eyes welling u[ as he obviously fought back a sob “I’ll kill ‘im after torturing him in so many ways, I’ll destroy everything precious to that stinking bastard-“

Hyukjae pressed his lips on his head “We will make sure he pays Hae, I promise….just let it out, don't hold back babe, lighten your heart.” Hyukjae’s soothing encouragement had Donghae stuffing his face into Hyukjae’s chest, wails and sobs muffled as his body shook with every breathe. Hyukjae swallowed a lump forming in his throat as he curled himself around Donghae who cried his heart out, exactly how he had cried as a child.

 

The Black Widow rocked back and forth, gently floating over the small waves near Boala’s beach. It was well past midnight, most of the crew asleep after a long day and night of heavy hammering.

A certain group of men however, crept out from their beds, slinking down towards the lower deck, spotting familiar faces. Some were surprised yet some simply looked excited at the very idea of

Mutiny

Kyuhyun was perched on a rotting wooden countertop, glinting eyes one by one going over a few faces present there. “I thank ye’ gentlemen fer takin’ out precious time to come to this small gathering’. For all of ye’ who had verified about bein’ discontent with the Cap’n, tonight’s the night things will begin’ to change, and ye all will be the revolutionary sailors who bring about the change.”

The small crowd of Pirate just seemed more intrigued and Kyuhyun smiled, “so tell me, how many of ye’ want to be free, truly free?”

“Just raises hands” Henry spoke quickly from his side, fearing these loud sailors to cheer in the silence of the night.

All of a sudden there was a knock on the door that led to the lower deck. They had locked it up from inside, fearing of having been found out Kyuhyun nudged Henry to check it out. Henry inched over to the door. Opening it just a crack Henry peered out, puffing out a breathe he held as he saw Kangin.

“Are we late?” the big guy rumbled in a hushed tone, Henry’s eyes darted to a man who looked in his early fifties “Who is-“

“Old man Jungsu, the one I mentioned? And these two are Siwon and Yosung”

“Yesung” one of the two grumbled

“Yea same thing” Kangin bit out and Henry had to hush them before letting them all in.

 

Kyuhyun snorted when he saw old man Jungsu, wondering how “grandpa” could be of any help. He stopped wondering when Jungsu delivered a good well-placed punch; Kyuhyun had to admit that he didn’t see it coming.

Oh well, atleast 'grandpa' had some moves.