Plans

Crashing Tides

A/N: Early update~ Done on the same day as Chap 10.

---

Hyukjae was quick to swing his leg over the back of his stallion, landing onto the ground smoothly he grinned at Kyuhyun “Ah, we need to stop meeting like this, it’s so abrupt every time don’t you think?”

Kyuhyun only glared harder, lips curled in a vicious snarl as he kept his gun aimed at Hyukjae now “don’t you dare play with me-“

“Kyu gege wait a sec” It was Henry who quipped from beside him, Henry held a single sword, its blade was rather broad and heavy looking. Henry’s face however did not hint towards hostility, in fact it seemed as if he had just worked something out. Snapping his fingers he pointed enthusiastically at Sungmin “You! I remember you! You’re a raid—wait! What are you doing with an officer- wait what the hell is going on here.” Now confused, Henry resorted to pointing his blade at Hyukjae as well.

Sungmin with his secretive grin dropped onto the ground too, picking up on Hyukjae’s bright disposition “Hello Henry, and yes we have met, you seem to have better memory as compared to your grumpy friend over here.” Sungmin’s eyes switched to Kyuhyun, pleasant smile in place while Kyuhyun narrowed his sizzling eyes “The did you ju-“

“Kyu gege, let’s skip over to the part where we ask for what we are here for?” Henry helpfully cut right in, Kyuhyun did look insulted at being interrupted but he got right to it “Yea, hand over Donghae, I’m not taking ‘no’ for an answer, unless you two have a death wish. Which I can grant easily once I make you scream where Donghae is.”

Hyukjae and Sungmin shared a look, all these years of working together, they had the ability to communicate just by looks.

They needed to know whether these two were on the anti-Donghae team.

Sungmin’s subtle nod had Hyukjae cocking his head, a mischievous glint in his eyes “ Oh? I was hoping you two could help us in locating him.”

“Yeah besides, how the hell are you good crew members if you keep losing him all the time” Sungmin stepped up, hands casually tucked onto the belt from which his own revolver hung.

“We didn’t lose him! But we could if we don’t hurry up and find him, his life’s in danger!!” Kyuhyun roared, anxious to get rid of the two who were simply wasting precious time. His grip tightened upon the gun as he held it stretched out at their faces , knowing that the rest of the crew was out looking for donghae, only for a very different reason, to kill him “I swear, you either tell me what I want or bloody step out of my way” he hissed.

Donghae hyung, I’m coming.

“So you’re not trying to, let’s say, kill him?” Sungmin raised a brow and the shocked look on Kyuhyun’s face had him chuckling. The Pirate marched a few steps forward, remaining mindful off keeping well out of range of Sungmin’s reach “So you DO know where he is?! if you two got him locked up somewhere or hurt him I swear on my unborn children I’ll make you two beg me to kill you, Im going to torture you two so ing bad-“

“Kyu gege”

“what is it Henry? How many times do I have-“

“I think you can lower your gun.”

“Why do you think I should lo-“

“Because we are not pointing ours at you, are we, Kyuhyun?” Hyukjae drawled out Kyuhyun’s name and once the hot-headed guy glanced at them properly, he noticed that yes indeed the two officers stood at ease.

Much too ease.

“Talk then.” He curtly ordered

“We will, but first we need to know whether you two are really on Donghae’s side.”

Henry spoke before Kyuhyun could, the determined glint in his eyes was not missed by anyone “If anyone will follow Dong hai gege to the ends of the world, it will be the two of us.” He squared his shoulders, everyone used to treat him like the little pup who was more of a dead weight than an actual crew member, well this time, he was going to be the strongest pillar of support for his gege.

“Well said young man, I like your courage.” Sungmin’s tone hinted his approval, his gaze flickered to Kyuhyun whose hostility seemed to be faltering a bit “But do remain mindful, we sense something off and the first two to get hanged are you two, savy?”

Kyuhyun cocked a brow, directing his gun to the sky before letting it drop from his hand “This better?”

“Much better. Over to you, Hyuk”

“Thanks Ming, now gents I believe we all have a common interest, let’s get to business.”

 

And as the sun set in the background, two Pirates and two officers sat within the forest, planning how to save Donghae’s skin. They ended up planning way more than just that.

Henry sat in a crouched position, a thoughtful frown in place “So you’re saying…is that…if Dong hai gege does decide to um willingly give himself up, his life is less at danger. Can we take The Black Widow by storm afterwards? If say, we disclose every possible location the ship could be anchored at?”

Hyukjae nodded “Yes but it would still not go to Donghae, it will be apprehended by The Force.”

“Say some rich buyer shows interest in buying it from The Force?” Kyuhyun still had an irritated frown in place, but at least he had agreed upon planning with the two officers, it didn’t feel any less absurd to him though.

“In that case the buyer needs to reassure the Force that the ship would be used for legal and productive means only.” Sungmin steadied the two thoughtful pirates.

“I would like to discuss something with Kyu gege, if you two don’t mind waiting for a bit?”

Hyukjae seemed impressed “Wow, a Pirate with manners, Henry you don’t sound like a Pirate at all.”

“Pirates are humans they can sound like whatever.” Kyuhyun defensively stepped up, causing Henry to place a reassuring hand on his shoulder “I’m sure Hyukjae-ssi didn’t mean anything bad by it.”

Hyukjae and Sungmin watched as the two Pirates strolled to some distance, Henry seemed to be trying to make Kyuhyun understand something while Kyuhyun had a near to horrified look on his face, hands flailing everywhere as his lips moved at a great speed.

“Whatever Henry just said, Kyuhyun doesn’t like.” Sungmin whispered as he observed, Hyukjae shot him a look “He likes you very much, that Kyu guy.” Sungmin snorted “Yeah I can tell by those despising glares he keeps throwing me.”

 

The two Prates finally made their way over, Kyuhyun was simply not making eye contact, Henry sighed, feeling nervous about what they had decided on.

“If…if Dong hai gege decides to willingly um, give himself in then..s-so do we.” He bit his lower lip, gazing up at the two rather surprised officers.

“The more the merrier!” Sungmin commented brightly, only to be growled at by Kyuhyun.

At that moment Hyukjae felt, that all was not lost, there was still hope. They could save Donghae they would! Hyukjae swore on his life.