Chapter 8 - Falling

On Rainy Days~~

"Maa~ It's raining again. As usual ok? Bye :)" Rain shout out while skipping down the stairs heading to the front door.

"Yeah but don't forget the rain coat but this is the last time. You have your final exams starting next week. I don't want you to get sick. You have to study even it's raining outside. Ok." Mrs. Choi quickly warn her daughter.

"Okay Ma. Don't worry. Bye~~" Rain quickly wear her raining coat and heads out before her mother starts to nag. "Okay since it's going to be dark soon, I shouldn't go far. Just walk around here will be enough" Rain mutter to herself.

Behind her house is actually a river. The river is not that big but not so small. A lot of villagers walk on the alley beside the river everyday to go somewhere but since it's raining now there's nobody here. Rain likes to go here alone or sometimes with Minho because other friends are not really friendly with nature. But mostly she comes here alone. She likes to walk at the shallow part of the river.

While walking along the riverside, Rain kept thinking about the new student, Son Dongwoon. Her neighbour. As she was busy thinking about him, she didn't realise she was too close with the edge of the river and slipped into the river. She wanted to climb up but the river wall is slippery because of the rain. She couldn't swim because the water level increased and the water flows quite fast. She tried her best to hold on to the stones of wall and bring herself up but still couldn't. Then she felt someone grabbing her wrist and try to pull her up. When she looks up, she saw someone who have been in her mind all along, Son Dongwoon. She was out of her mind again.

In front of her, she saw a handsome angel with his wet hair trying to pull her up. The angel wore black & white jersey tshirt that is soaking wet now. Rain just stare at him. Lifeless.

"Hey, come I pull you up. Give me your other hand." Dongwoon shouted but his voice is too attractive to Rain, she was way out of her mind now. She felt like she's in heaven now. "Rain!!! Give me your right hand!! I will pull you up" Dongwoon said to her again and wait for a seconds but still no response from her. He decided to pull her with his two hands. "Okay, Rain. Bear with me. Please lift yourself up. I can't pull you alone. It's too slippery. The rain is getting heavier." He tried to pull but he almost slipped. He's getting annoyed with Rain who don't want to save herself. "YAAA!!!! Do you want to die??!!" Dongwoon shout and this shocked Rain. She come back to her senses and realise that she is not safe. She quickly give her other hand to Dongwoon and push herself up. They both end up laid down on the grown and breathe heavily after she was pulled out.

Rain turned her head to the side and saw Dongwoon shake his head left and write to dry off his wet hair but no use since it's still raining. From the side, Rain studied Dongwoon face. He has a sharp nose and jaw. Dongwoon quickly get up to seat on a bench with a roof near them. Rain follow him and settle down next to him.

"Why did you come here in the rain? It's not any rain, it's heavy rain. You can get drown if I didn't come here fast to save you." Dongwoon asked as soon as Rain sit down. Rain who was looking at him while sitting quickly turn around to avoid his gaze. Dongwoon's chuckle. "Come on. You think I didn't recognised you? You are Rain right? Friend of Key and Nicole? and we also have the same art class. Right?" No reply. Rain is too nervous to talk to Dongwoon. She can't even look at him. With no reply, Dongwoon continue "Oh okay. Guess that you don't want to talk to me after I save your life. I guess my dad is wrong. This village and the people is . Who said people here is friendly? I have one example here who don't want to be friend with an outsider" Dongwoon is getting annoyed with this silent treatment he has been receiving from Rain.

"No! You're wrong!" Rain quickly said. She can't have her village be insulted because of her shyness. "You can't simple judge everything based on one person only." Rain continue. Dongwoon end up laughing seing Rain sudden angry expression.

"Ohhh so I have to provoke you to make you talk to me? Hahaha." Rain blushed of embaressment at Dongwoon statement. She quickly lower her head and stares at the ground. She was so embarresed to stay, she quickly get up to leave but then, Dongwoon held her wrist "Don't leave. Why you always avoiding me? Am i scaring you? I'm just a person from the city not another planet." Rain didn't turned to him. Her heart beats become faster with the skinship. Rain become more nervous. Dongwoon try to pull Rain to seat but Rain resisted. Then Dongwoon decide to let go "Oh okay, I know, you have someone already. He will be pissed if he saw you talking to other guy who is only your neighbour and your classmate, right?" Rain shocked and turn herself to face Dongwoon. "No, I don't have anyone. I'm not dating anybody" She quickly told him because she likes him since they first bumped into each other in town few days ago. She doesn't want Dongwoon to think she's in realtionship. This would ruin everything. "Okay, fine. I'll sit here with you until the rain stop but no judgemental statement coming out from your mouth from now on." She said as she sitting down on the bench. "Okay, okay. I promised. We don't have proper introduction. Let's start again, Hello, my name is Son Dongwoon." Dongwoon pull out his hand for a handshake. "Hello, I'm Rain. Nice to meet you. :)" Rain shake hands with Dongwoon. They start to talk about the city and village life, waiting for the rain to stop.

 


Hello Everyone, I know it's been few days since my last update. I was busy with Gayo and I got caught up watching 2 Broke Girls. Quick update since I'm at work now.

My top 3 bias hugging each other during MBC Gayo. Sobbsss dying.

 

Enjoy reading ^^