Chapter five

Prince Oh and Heartthrob Kim in Love

 

Sehun wakes up at a realization that everything will not be the same the way it always has been. Because there he is lying on his bed next to Jongin with his heart throbbing madly against his chest. He buries his head under the pillow because he can't believe he's attracted to his bestfriend. And he can't accept himself liking a boy,he's not biual or gay but why does he like Jongin. Tears pool in his eyes at the notion.

A leg swings on top of him and he's too exasperated he harshly throw-off Jongin's leg.  The latter fall on the floor and grunts from pain.

 

"Oh Sehun! can't you see I'm sleeping you dork!"

"Then sleep in your own room! Get out!" he grabs a pillow and throws it to Jongin hitting him straight in the face. 

"You're too much Oh Sehun." Jongin picks himself up and without a word storms out of the room.

Sehun is left hanging. He didn't expect Jongin to get pissed off. He have done more harsh things too Jongin but the latter took it all as a joke and let it pass. But maybe he crossed the line this time and get the older real mad.

It makes his heart sting a bit but on the other hand,he thinks it's for the best because he doesn't need the older's presence while he tries to deal with the dilemma he's in. If it means forgetting their years of friendship just for Sehun to save himself from shame then he's more than willing to do so. 

The next day,Sehun goes to school too early just to avoid Jongin. He occupies himself infront of his ipad while waiting for the class to commence. His ears perk up as he distinguished Jongin's voice among the noise coming from the group of boys entering the class.

Jongin glances at Sehun who didn't care to acknowledging his presence as he sits to next to him. He didn't bother to reach out either. He hates it how Sehun remains bratty despite being at fault in all of their fights. And he warn himself not to get swayed again this time. He spend breaks with his soccer teammates and even goes with them at the arcade after class. Later that night he didn't even go to Sehun's room.

Their cold war continued the next day. Sehun did a good job avoiding and ignoring the older and he thinks it actually made him feel at ease. Jongin on the other hand can't believe their conflict last longer than he expected.

 

"Oh Sehun you're such a cold-hearted brat!"

 

He grits his teeth as he glares at Sehun laughing along with their class president, Suho. He fixed his eyes on the two sitting at the bench while he grips tightly on the ball in his hand. He can't contain his anger anymore, he placed the ball on the ground and kicks it with his left foot hitting the wall just above Sehun and Suho's head.
The two jolt as a ball flying out of nowhere lands a few inches away from their head. Sehun's eyes caught Jongin smirking at them before arrogantly leaving the gymnasium where they're having Physical education class because their teacher went missing that day.

Jongin returns back after dipping his boiling head on a tub of cold water and actively plays basketball with his classmates. Feeling contented after freaking the out of Sehun few moments ago. Their classmates decides to divide the boys into two teams to practice for their interclass basketball competition. Jongin and Sehun are both on the opposing team. 

 

Jongin is taken aback when Sehun stands infront of him with widely spread arms and fiery deadly glares. He just smirk at him and bumps his shoulder to the younger when the whistle's blown and ball tossed up in the air. The ball lands on Jongin's grip but Sehun didn't let him pass through. They push and pull each other until the  ball drops on Jongin's hand but they continue harshly tugging each other. 

 

"idiot!" Sehun barks.

"Whimp!" Jongin spats back.

They didn't notice everyone stops to watch their little UFC match as they grab each other's arms and starts to bite,kick, and choke each other.

"Are we gonna stop them?"

"No,it's fun to watch bestfriends turn enemies."

 

Then their classmates evacuate the court leaving just the two of them in the middle and starts to cheer their names. Most of the boys on Jongin's side while majority of the girls on Sehun's side. Sehun grabs Jongin's hair and start pulling it.

 

"Waah! Oh Sehun you're not just a pretty princess face but  fights like a girl too!" someone on the crowd shouts followed by crack of laughters.

Sehun,embarrassed infront of the entire class,freezes and let go of Jongin's hair.

"Punch me you idiot!" Jongin hisses enough for just the two of them to hear, "Cmon! they're making fun of you! do it!" Jongin pushes his shoulder.

Sehun, caught in confusion,throws his fist that lands on Jongin's face,too strong it sends the older to the ground with busted lips.

"Jongin! get up man! you're not gonna let him win! Get up!"

Sehun's chest goes up and down rapidly. The crowd starts to count from ten to one and mix of cheers and boos boom in the entire place.

"Kim Jongin down! Oh Sehun wins!"

Suho tugs Sehun's sleeve," hey you won." shaking both his shoulders.

"Won what?" Sehun whispers.

"Cmon let's go change." Suho pulls him off the court.

Sehun glances back at Jongin still lying flat on the ground until he disappears inside the lockers' room. Sehun is thankful it's their last class of the day because all he needs at that very moment is to vanish from there.

"Wow Oh Sehun you surprise us! how could you be that strong! Jongin is still sleeping in the clinic after you knock him down!"

'WHAT?!" his eyes grew wide. He know he exerts a little bit force on his fist but not strong enough to knock down Jongin. He thought the older only fakes it to save him from humiliation. He rushes out of their room with his bag on his shoulder and make his way to the clinic.

The nurse jolts as the door slams open and Sehun enters in rush. He notices her and greets her.

"He's there sleeping." the nurse immediately points her finger to a bed covered in white curtain.

Sehun pulls the curtain and indeed Jongin is sleeping comfortably with his left arm and leg around a pillow. He chuckles at the harmless sleeping beast. He pokes Jongin's face continuously until the older groggily murmurs.

"I told you not to disturb me." Jongin throws a pillow to Sehun.

"Yah! Kim Jongin wake up!" Sehun shakes the other's body.

"Sehun?!" Jongin sits up abruptly after hearing his voice.

"Just because your father's a powerful man in Seoul doesn't mean you can just throw pillow on anyone."

"I thought you were the nurse. Why are you here anyway? Aren't we suppose to be enemies? Wait,are you here to apologize?" his eyes grow wide in anticipation.

"Apologize my . It's not my fault you're too annoying. And just because you saved me out there means I'll thank you or say sorry." 

"I can't believe you really punched me,you were just suppose to throw your fist towards me and I'll pretend getting hit but YOU BUSTED MY LUSCIOUS LIPS!" Jongin winces in pain when his already clotting busted lips overstretch, 

Sehun feels bad for him but never will admit it loud, " You should have let your thick chapped lips be treated and not just pester the poor nurse here." 

Sehun asks the nurse for the first aid kit and goes back to Jongin still lying in bed like a patient in an unbearable pain. He forced the older to sit up.

"Get up I'll treat your wound."

"No thanks! Let it heal by itself."

"Don't be stubborn Jongin,this won't sting much,it's not injection. Get up." 

Sehun managed to make Jongin sit up while he pours generous amount of ointment in a cotton.

"Stay still okay," Sehun slowly dubs the cotton to the corner of Jongin's lips where the semi-clotting blood is accumulated.

"Ahhhhhk! that hurts!" Jongin yelps.

"Shut up! stop acting like a baby!" Sehun harshly pressed the cotton to the swelling making the older shriek in real pain,

"I told you to stay still idiot!" he blows soft airs from his mouth to Jongin's. He feels the older grip tightly on his arms as his face scrunches. His heart starts to beat from normal to uncontrollable pace against his chest as his bestfriend's face too close to his that all he need is to pout slightly  and their lips will touch.

"Is it done now?" Jongin whines with his eyes shut.

Sehun shakes his head in embarrassment and turns back to puff his chest. "Yah! get your out of here if you still want me to drive you back home."

And all he can think of is to resort in being heartless towards Jongin to cover up his unwanted desires.


-------


Jongin lets out a frustrated groan after crashing out the 30th name of his 'Miss Oh perfect' list. He's so disappointed after his expectation of finding atleast one of the first ten girls that fits for Sehun,flops.

"Maybe if you leave me alone with 'my date' then your fantastic plan might work." Sehun blurts as he glances at Jongin lying flat on his bed worrying over the piece of paper in his hand.

"No,I have to close monitor your dates. I'm afraid these girls might take advantage of your naiveness."

"Huh? my date? yeah right! more like 'Our date'..You're worst than any stage moms in the world. No matter how possibly I might find the girl suitable for me,your presence will only scare her away and ruin everything."

 

Sehun remembered during his 12th date where Jongin runs a long list of question to the girl including her parents'  annual compensation,how many times she takes a bath in a month, what comes first egg or chicken. And the girl left with a nosebleed.

 On his 23rd date,everything was flowing smoothly until Jongin suddenly rest his head on Sehun's lap and dozes off. The girl was so traumatized as she witnessed how intimately and dangerously Jongin's face too close to Sehun's private part. And the girl nervously asked if the they are secret gay lovers.

 

"Why are you smiling by yourself weirdo?"

 

His reminiscing fades and tear his eyes off his laptop to face Jongin, "I can't believe I just wasted more than a dozen of hooot girls because they didn't pass your freaky standards and I can't believe myself letting you decide for me."

"It's just that..." Jongin scavenging for words to explain his thoughts, " I only want the best for you."

Sehun chuckles, "you sound like a mother.What am I to you five? I definitely know what's right or wrong more than you do."

"If only I was a girl,I will be the perfect one for you because I know you well more than anyone else."

Sehun stares in surprise at Jongin's serious face looking through him, "b- -but you're not a g- girl," he stutters.

"And it . " Jongin turns away from Sehun.

They fall in awkward silence. Sehun turns his attention back to his laptop and after few hours he takes the courage to glance back at Jongin only to find him sleeping soundly at his bed. A strange feeling sting in his heart as the last words from Jongin replays in his mind.

 

-----
It's Saturday and usually the two of them will spend the weekends playing video games,watch movie,or Sehun tutoring Jongin which often ends up in quarelling as the older snoozes in the middle of Sehun's discussion. But today Jongin is out with their unusual family bonding. 

Jongin is getting annoyed and itchy at the suit his mother forced him to wear. He's inside a luxurious restaurant with his mother and very busy man,father. It's suppose to be their family time but his father is too engaged talking to his phone the whole time. He shoots glare at his father who never looked at his way once. 

 

"Jongin," his mother calls, "Your food,eat it."

"I don't want to." he whines, " it suppose to be a no-work-only family-time but why's dad still doing his business here?" he says not caring if his father is now glaring back at him.

"Don't be childish Jongin,what matters is we're spending time with each other right now." his mother hiss.

"I should have just played with Sehun than be here and listen to dad's conference over the phone." he makes a sharp noises as his fork keeps scratching against his plate.

"Stop that." his mother warns.

But the stubborn Jongin purposely scrapes the fork and spoon against the plate. His mother hit his shoulder and he yelp exaggeratedly. After his plan of taking his father's attention off his phone fails,he decides to get back at him by escaping away from them. He excuses himself to the washroom and exits the restaurant immediately. He turns off his phone to avoid his mother's nonstop calls and wanders around the area. 

He thought of calling Sehun and tell him to meet him outside. He search for a nearest payphone and saw one across the street. He's waiting for Sehun to pick up his phone when the booth opens suddenly and a short girl enters.

 

"Excuse me! can't you see I'm here?!" Jongin yells at her.

"Help me please..Some goons are chasing me! I don't know who they are! they- - they..oh my god!" the girl cries.

Jongin's protective instinct arise infront of the defenseless girl, "Don't worry okay, my father is the mayor here and no one will harm you as long as you're with me. Come on I'll take you somewhere safe." he puts back the phone's receiver and exits the booth with the girl.

Sehun frowns after the beeping of the other line resonates in his ear. He heard Jongin talking to someone,to a girl, after calling him out of the blue.

"Did he just call me to let me overhear his conversation with that girl? and did he just lie about going out with his parents but instead with a girl?! That !"

 

He tries calling Jongin's phone but it's unattended. He sends him a message instead with a capitalized "DON'T YOU DARE SHOW YOUR FAT-UGLY LYING FACE TO ME EVER". And later that night,Jongin didn't really show his face to his room. He peeks on his window but Jongin's room is still dark and silent,no sign of Jongin. He slept through his anger towards Jongin.

 

"Your dad is really the city mayor?"

Jongin nods to Soo-han while they're inside a convenient store eating cupped icecream.

"Woah! you must be someone so precious around here."

"Not really. And you're from China? you don't look like a Chinese at all." Jongin eyes her from head to toe.

"My mother's a Chinese and my appa is Korean. I've been here in Korea several times since I was young but now that my mom is gone,my dad decides we stay here for good." tears starts to accumulate in the corner of her eyes.

"You don't like it here?"

"That's not it. I just- - -miss my mom. I don't wanna forget her but my dad says it's time for us to move on without her. I hate my father. but I can't do anything,without my dad,I have nowhere to go,nothing to eat,I'm nothing."

"Ow- - -you can live with me!" Jongin suggested without thinking rationally. The girl stares at him in shock.

"li- - live with you?" She blinks twice with her large round eyes.

"Well,our house is too big and it's only me,my mom and few servants with us living in there. My dad's rarely goes home. My mom will understand and she will be more than happy to adopt you as a daughter.That way she will stop her fantasy of treating my bestfriend as her daughter,which happens to be a boy!"

"Really?!" Soohan's eyes glow in delight.

"Yeah really!"

"Okay! I'll tell my dad and if he agrees about your mom adopting me then I'll let you know! by the way, where's your school at? my dad's looking for the best school for me to transfer,maybe I can go to yours."

"That awesome! I'll be very happy to see you in my class everyday. I'll tell my mom about the adoption and call you asap if she agrees to,which I'm perfectly sure she will."

"Owww I'm so happy I meet you Jongin!"

"Me too Soohan!" 

 

----
Sehun is suddenly awaken by loud poundings on his window glass. He grunts in annoyance and buries himself under the pillow. The noise didn't stop and recalls how Jongin can be persistently stupid. He forces himself out of the bed before Jongin could shatter his window again. He harshly pulls his curtain and shoots deadly glare to Jongin.

"Open up!" Jongin mouthed.

"What do you want?!" Sehun shouts without  opening the window.

He watch Jongin dials his phone and soon his own phone rings. He rolls his eyes before grabbing his phone on the side table and steps back to the window.

"Make sure you have something usefull thing to say idiot or else- - -"

"let me in Sehun! My mom's currently drilling my door's lock and swears to kill me! Please!"

"Wow! Finally! Thank God! I'd be very much happy to cheer your mom with pom poms as she tears you in pieces! What did you do this time?"

"Nothing! I just told her I found a girl for her to adopt so she can stop claiming you as her daughter! But mom is accusing me that she's actually my girlfriend and that she's carrying something on her stomach." Jongin's face turns pale at his words holding his mouth from puking.

"Is she?" Sehun asks seriously.

 "You think I'm that stupid?!"

 "YES! a erted over craze stupid idiot!"

Jongin jolts in surprise after a loud scream from his mother outside his door explodes. Sehun hears the noise through the phone. He opens his window to save Jongin's life. Jongin jumps in a speed of light and cross over to Sehun's room shutting the window and door close.

"You owe me your life." Sehun smirks at Jongin.

"Oh my god! I wonder if she's my real mother. How can she threaten to kill his one and only child!"

"I whole-heartedly understands your mom's sorrow for having you as her son. And what about this girl you told your mom to adopt?"

"Oh! Soohan?! I meet her yesterday and it feels like I've known her for so long. She's just so nice ,sweet,and pretty."

"And you want her to be your adopted sister? Is she homeless or an orphan?"

"No. She's from China. She said she doesn't want to live with his father and will asks his dad to allow her to be adopted."

"You're stupid. You're crazy and I can't believe you finally found your match in heaven. A girl as stupid and twisted like you. All your so called friends and strangers you befriends are as idiotic as you."

"Are you calling yourself an idiot too Oh Sehun?"

Sehun scoffs, "I never accepted you as a friend. We're just neighboors. No more no less!"

"How can you say such heartless words Sehun. I thought of you as my bestfriend. The half of my life, My soulmate!" Jongin declaims dramatically with failed attempt to create tears.

"Please don't make me throw up with an empty stomach. I haven't had my breakfast yet."

"And Soohan says she'll be transferring to our school! You will like her I'm telling you."

Right on cue, Jongin's phone rings and he smiles after finding out who it was calling.

"Soohan!"

Sehun's brows wrinkle and lips sharpen at the name that comes out of Jongin's mouth. He abruptly stands up out of his bed and enters his bathroom shutting the door with a deafening bam! 

He doesn't like that Soohan girl.

 

>> Late updates,Sorry guys~_~

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE AND MAY EXO SOAR EVEN HIGHER IN 2014~_~ AMEEEEN!

xoxo~_~