09

Kill This Love

----------------------------09----------------------------

 

You naega sseureojilddae
Jeoldae heundeullimeopsi

Her lips curled upwards as she looked in the crystal clear mirror, eyes turning in to crescent moon shapes. Her plump red lips hummed to the song as the comb slid through her soft brown curly locks.

She smiled thinking about it, thinking about him.

Ganghan nunbicheuro
Myeotbeonigo nal ileukyeojweo

The smile never leaving her face, her lips never missing a word of her favourite song. She checked her make-up once again, touching it up quickly as she looked at the time. He would be here soon and she would surprise him, the smile he would give was something she loved, something she wanted to see every day.

And you, na himae gyeoulddae
Seulpeumeul byeolang kkeutkkaji ddo uhgimeopsi
Chajawa du son japeun geudaeyegae

Hurriedly getting up, she placed everything neatly back, leaving no trace of her being there. Faint footsteps we’re heard and her heart skipped several beats, he was finally here. Quickly looking around, she decided to go to the nearest place, the built in closet.

Waeroun bami chajaolddaen
Na salmyeosi nooneul gamayo
Geudaeye soomgyeoli nal aneulddae
Mueotdo duryeopji anjyo

‘’So you finally caught me’’ a husky voice was heard and she blinked several times, her smile slowly leaving her face.

‘’The order is to kill you, it ends right here’’ the other male replied with a snicker following. ‘’We can talk this through’’            ‘’No we can’t, it ends right here’’ a clicking sound was heard and the female widened her eyes, she could see everything  through the slight creak in the closet door.

E saesang geu eoddeon nugudo
Geudaereul daeshin halsueopjyo
You're the only one
And I'll be there for you, baby

She felt faint the moment she realized what clicked, something she completely didn’t expect, something she never saw in her life besides in movies.

And when another click was followed, her breathing completely stopped.

 

‘’Oh my god’’ Jenny breathed the moment her eyes opened and she quickly straightened up. For the umpteenth time she had that dream again, that one dream she started to hate the most. She breathed heavily and tried to calm herself down, rubbing her forehead slightly. Once calm, she scanned the place around her and mentally sighed, she fell asleep on the couch once again. Frowning, she slowly got up to grab a glass of water but paused as she looked to her left.

‘’It’s not like I’ll run away…’’ she whispered, crouching down on her knees whilst staring at the sleeping figure. ‘’Oii’’ she called out and the male stayed in place, his back slowly going up and down and faint breathes we’re heard.

 ‘’Oii~ I might run away now that you’re sleeping’’ she slightly poked the male’s cheek and when there was no response she sighed, ‘’He must’ve been tired…’’ she muttered, grabbing the blanket that was placed earlier on her and carefully placed it on the male.

‘’Sleeping here is not good…’’ she scrunched up her nose, slightly trying to stretch but after a few attempts she gave up defeated almost heading towards her room till she heard muffled yawns. ‘’Oh you’re up?’’ a voice was heard and Jenny turned around, only to see Lay rubbing his eyes.

‘’You know it’s not good for your health to sleep there, leaning on the table you know…’’ she muttered and he slightly smiled at her. ‘’Do you want something to eat?’’ Lay asked, carefully getting up while she shook her head and he nodded, ‘’Are you okay?’’ he tilted his head to the side while the latter nodded, looking away. Somehow Lay always knew if something was wrong, especially with her. He was sort of like an older brother personality-wise, age-wise was a completely different story.  

‘’Nightmare?’’ his voice ringed through her ears after a short silence and she turned to look at him, surprised to see him already sitting on the couch patting the empty seat beside him. ‘’The same one…’’ she muttered after a moment and he nodded feeling slightly bad as he inspected her carefully.

The past few days we’re hectic, after the day she out again they we’re cautious around her, she was making progress and they had to stand alert.

‘’Do you want to come with me?’’ Lay asked and she furrowed her eyebrows, ‘’I need to buy something, I wouldn’t mind some company’’ he smiled at her the moment he saw her eyes sparkle, she wanted to go out badly.

--

‘’What’s with you?’’ Suho looked at the taller male who groaned in response, ‘’Do you need anything?’’ he asked and the latter shook his head as he took a seat around the round table. They we’re currently in their hide-out waiting for some food to be delivered, after a long day of tasks they did deserve a break.

‘’How’s it going with Jenny? I heard something happened while you took care of Hero’s people?’’

‘’She out’’ Kris muttered and Suho slightly widened his eyes but nodded in return while the latter let out a small sigh. ‘’Does that mean… she remembered something?’’ Suho turned to look at him while Kris slightly nodded, ‘’A gun..’’

‘’Gun?’’

‘’A gun was pointed at the back of someone’s neck… that’s all she remembers so far’’ He let out another sigh and Suho nodded as he thought about it carefully,

‘’Does that mean… she tagged along with Hero to one of his deals?’’ Suho eyed Kris carefully and he did not miss the emotions crossing Kris his face which was completely new to him, Kris knew how to control those however… did something he feared the most happen? Suho shrugged it off as quickly as the thought came and he continued eyeing Kris carefully.

‘’I doubt it’’ His voice rang through his ears after a short silence and Suho’s ears perked up, ‘’What makes you say so?’’             ‘’One does not forget the clicking sound of guns and the sound of gunshots so easily’’                 ‘’That’s your logic Kris, I doubt one would remember after the temporary memory loss?’’                 ‘’If she remembers her likes and dislikes this is hard to miss’’ Kris turned to Suho, a solemn look on his face and the latter had to admit, at some point he was right.

‘’And this might be the root to Jenny’s memory loss’’ a voice interrupted their thoughts and the moment Kris laid his eyes on the one entering he frowned. ‘’Yeah, the feeling’s mutual’’ Ji Eun glared at him while he looked away, slightly annoyed.

‘’Oh Ji Eun what are you doing here?’’ Suho looked at her questioningly while the latter smiled, ‘’I thought I should deliver my thanks properly…’’                        ‘’Accepted now go’’ Kris pointed at the door while she gaped at him, ‘’Fine then I won’t tell you about the new progress regarding Jenny’’ she crossed her arms over her chest and when she saw Kris slightly debating with himself she smiled proudly, ‘’Thought so’’ she muttered, taking a seat next to Suho.

‘’Well then, regarding the memory Jenny remembered recently…’’ Ji Eun put her lips on a firm line and she thought about it carefully, ‘’It was probably the shock of seeing someone perhaps killed, that lead to this memory loss’’                     ‘’Could it be someone close to her that might’ve been killed?’’ Suho turned to look at Ji Eun while Kris his ears perked up.

‘’A parent? Or a close friend? Siblings? Though that memory for now is gone…’’ Ji Eun muttered and Suho sighed, ‘’So back to square one…’’

‘’Not really’’ Kris jerked back in his seat and the pair of four eyes stared at him curiously, ‘’What do you mean?’’                       ‘’What if she we’re placed… in the very same situation again?’’ A slight smirk played on his lips and Ji Eun slightly widened her eyes as she stared at him, was he serious?

‘’You’d have to bring her back to the same place of the shooting’’ she muttered and Kris nodded, that smirk still evident on his lips. ‘’Should’ve known, you’d do anything to do that…’’ she looked away and he grinned slightly. ‘’There’s no more time, who knows what Hero might be-…’’

‘’That is none of my concerns Wu Yifan’’ she blurted and Kris gaped at her, ‘’What the-…’’               ‘’Treating her is my job and whatever you’re doing or plan to do does not fall in the prescribed treatment’’ she replied sternly and a silence took place with the both glaring at each other while Suho fiddled around, completely uncomfortable.

‘’And so yet again we’ll never agree’’ Kris mumbled getting up, leaving the room while Ji Eun groaned, completely pissed.

--

‘’Eh? You’re cooking tonight?’’ Jenny gaped at Lay who grinned proudly in return. Usually he’d be in the hideout, behind his huge computer but since he was ordered to keep an eye closely on Jenny he figured he’d enjoy it by cooking something this time.

‘’Curry rice, how does that sound?’’ he chirped and Jenny nodded approvingly, ‘’Eiyy~ I didn’t know you could cook?’’ she grinned and he let out a laugh as they both entered the supermarket. ‘’So what are you getting?’’ She asked while he took a trolley, scanning the area around him. ‘’Why don’t you find me potatoes? I’ll be at the other side of the vegetables section?’’ Lay mused and she nodded, hurriedly looking around for potatoes while he smiled, satisfied.

He knew she was stressed and he didn’t mind ignoring the orders Kris gave for just this moment. After that incident Kris was being cautious, though Lay could never pin point what actually his reason was but he figured maybe Kris knew something or he was just being cautious with the incidents happening around them. It was the second time Jenny was brought into danger and he had a strong feeling this wouldn’t be the last, he was sure of it.

You and I together
It just feels so right

Jenny halted as she looked at the potatoes in front of her. The song she just sung, wasn’t that the exact same song from her dreams? She scrunched up her nose as she grabbed a pack of potatoes.

‘’What song was that anyway?’’ she eyed the potatoes intently as if expecting them to answer and she mentally laughed. She was going crazy, that was for sure. Shrugging it off she hurriedly spun around about to walk away but instead she bumped into someone and she flinched upon contact.

 ‘’Oh crap I’m really sorry!’’ The guy bowed, apologetically while Jenny stood firm in her place, completely dazed while the male continued bowing. ‘’Ah, sorry It’s my fault, I didn’t look’’ Jenny bowed this time and instead got a smirk in return. She eyed him intently, for some reason he looked intimidating, something in his eyes... Her thoughts we’re soon interrupted as he spoke again and a slight blush crept on Jenny’s cheek.

 ‘’Sorry again!’’ he called out before disappearing in the line in front and she followed him with her eyes, her head slightly tilted while the male smirked unknown to her.

‘’I finally found you…’’ the guy grinned, the corner of his lips.