22.

Kill This Love

----------------------------22----------------------------

A small sigh escaped her lips as she turned the TV off. Her lips slightly parted , taking a deep breath in as she stared ahead at the door that was slightly open. Just a few hours ago a few of them had barged in and went straight to bed while Kris stayed up, the light still lit up in his room. She slowly tilt her head to the side as she started to head in to her own world—thinking about the encounter she just had moments ago.

When her eyes met his, her heart skipped several beats and she felt the jumbled up butterflies right at the bottom of her stomach. The fluttery feeling never left her insides as he walked closer towards her, mumbling a simple greeting. She noticed he underwent changes in the time he avoided her, his hair was in a tousled white-blond mess, clearly he had dyed it a couple of shades lighter. He had also shaved up two stripes on his right eyebrows and she knew he had spent a few days locked up in the gym.

The flexed up muscles underneath his black tight shirt we’re pretty evident, she felt her cheeks heat up only at the thought of it.

Shrugging it off she hurriedly scurried off on her feet, stretching a slight bit before she walked over to his door—knocking softly on it even though it was slightly open. She heard a bit of shuffling before the white-blond mess peeked through and her eyes met his—and she completely froze.

It wasn’t like usual, things had changed between them. They weren’t in the early stages of having met like back then in fact it had been almost nine months since she was taken in—basically living with them. They were far from getting to know each other.

‘’Are you just going to… stand there?’’ she heard him mumble whilst scratching the back of his head and she could’ve sworn her heart left her ribcage. His voice was way more clearer now—the one that left her heart racing. She missed it, she missed him—but that she couldn’t admit yet.

 Straightening herself up, she hurriedly walked pass him and swiftly took a seat on his bed while he eyed her sternly, before taking a seat opposite hers—on the chair placed by his desk. Several moments passed by while she awkwardly stretched her legs—holding the end of her hoodie while he sighed slightly, ‘’What happened? Did you remember something?’’

‘’No…’’ she whispered while he nodded, ‘’Did something happen?’’ he tried again and she quickly shook her head while he let out another sigh.

Silence surrounded them with the clock ticking time away yet neither of them said a word—Kris was debating whether to tell her to go to sleep or just leave it be while Jenny wondered what exactly she was doing.

‘’You’ve been away’’ she whispered—her eyes slightly widening as she realized what she said. She scurried off to her feet quickly as she darted towards the exit—muttering a soft ‘’sorry it’s nothing’’ till she was held back in place by his strong grip and in a swift movement was she pinned against the wall—heavy breathings following.

No word was exchanged yet their eyes we’re telling different stories—Kris never once looking away while Jenny did the same. She was so caught up in the moment, she couldn’t even process what had happened that very moment. She had barged in his room and he actually held up a decent conversation if it wasn’t for her short replies and then all of a sudden she had to blurt out something related to her feelings yet it felt like he responded in its own unique way—she couldn’t seem to put a finger on it.

Unconsciously she noticed his eyes move towards her lips after she slightly bit them—something she did whenever she felt nervous and in a swift movement were her lips captured by his.

It felt like the final piece fit the puzzle as his lips moved in sync with hers, it felt like a million fireworks decided to explode in her stomach. It felt like they we’re the only ones in the world—it felt surreal. He made her feel all kind of ways and in some twisted way she knew she did the same to him when he tightened the hold he had on her, his arms slowly circling her waist.

She felt like that little high school girl that had a crush on the quarterback and he finally returned her feelings.

And just like that images of her and Hero popped up and her eyes widened when she roughly pushed him away with all her strength.

Heavy breathings followed after the short silence with both their cheeks flushed. Kris hurriedly looked away, completely embarrassed he couldn’t control his feelings. Clearing up his throat, he scratched the back of his head while Jenny nodded at him before leaving his room while he silently cursed.

Yet that amazing feeling of her lips on his never left his mind, and neither did it leave Jenny’s.

--

‘’Are you okay? Seems like I lost you to another world.’’  The manager laughed while Jenny’s  cheeks flushed pink and she hurriedly shook her head, ‘’I’m okay, sorry for spacing out’’ she muttered while he let out a hearty laugh as they both started cleaning the few glasses placed on the counter.

‘’It’s quiet isn’t it?’’ the manager sighed while she nodded, ‘’Did Byungjoo quit just like that?’’ Jenny wondered out aloud while the manager nodded, ‘’Yeah, he quit so suddenly. And to think he was a worker sent from the main branch…’’           

‘’I guess something came up right? I don’t think he would’ve quit so suddenly. He’s a great guy’’             ‘’Right? I guess I still don’t know what goes on in the mind of youngsters these days. Oh, Zitao also called in saying he wont be able to attend work for a while either… what a headache. My good employees suddenly gone.’’ The manager frowned while Jenny let out a small laugh, ‘’It’s okay I shall help around as much as possible’’

That’s what she thought until she felt the stares of ten eyes.

--

‘’Good thing Suho sent out his juniors to look over Jenny at work’’ Lay mumbled while Tao nodded, ‘’Since I can’t work either I think it’s best’’            ‘’Are we really sure Jinyoung, Baro and his crew can handle it? They usually deal with smaller issues. It would be trouble if Hero suddenly hunts down the love of his life at the café…’’

‘’Doubt it, Hero has no time for that.’’ Suho suddenly joined in and Tao let out a groan, ‘’When the hell will he finally show himself. I want to kick his , what a cat hiding behind his syndicate’’

‘’Isn’t it natural? So many people are hunting him. He’s playing it smartly, we have to admit that’’ Xiumin joined in and the few of them nodded.          ‘’Still, we’re going around in circles. I’m starting to doubt if he will ever come for Jenny or even show his face somewhere near us for that matter.’’

‘’We got to wait it out right? So far it’s been the syndicate that betrayed him, soon it’s time for us to start messing with him’’ Lay muttered, his eyes fixed on the screen. ‘’Any news from Kris his side?’’ Sehun joined in and the few of them shrugged, ‘’Strangely, he had been acting weird since last night but I guess he started with his plan this morning.’’ Xiumin confirmed and Suho nodded.

‘’He took Luhan, Kai and Chanyeol with them, I think the four will manage’’         ‘’Let’s hope they wont get caught, the last thing we need is for the four of them to die’’ Suho mumbled and Tao shook his head, ‘’Don’t say that so easily. We’re talking about the leader and members of EXO. Atleast give us some credit’ he chuckled while the rest grinned.

‘’Guess I have to agree, we came this far with the twelve of us, anyone’s syndicate has nothing on us.’’ Suho proudly grinned while Baekhyun and the rest joined the four, ‘’Kris has gotten information about a transaction happening very soon’’

‘’He got in so easily?’’ Xiumin eyed Baekhyun who just shrugged, ‘’I wont say Kris didn’t use his fists though…’’                     ‘’So I guess this is where the real deal starts? No more turning back?’’ Chen looked at them while Suho nodded, ‘’No more turning backs.’’

‘’Well then let’s get ready shall we?’’

--

A grin took over Kris his lips as he lit up the cigarette before blowing the white smoke in to the crisp midnight air. His white-blonde hair was in a tousled mess as he ruffled it up with his slender fingers before turning his attention back to the yakuza gang in front of him.

‘’Cheating with your clients is very bad’’ he mocked as he raised a brow, ‘’I thought your gang members knew already?’’ he motioned to the crew in the back who laid there lifeless while the leader looked at them sternly.

‘’Very well then, you have proven your worth to us’’ Shota eyed the males in front of him before he nodded towards his followers, ‘’They will join the transaction that’s happening tomorrow with Hero’’ he turned his attention back to Kris with a smug grin plastered on his face, ‘’I’ll see you sharp at eleven, near the Mermaid host club’’

‘’Wont miss it’’ Kris nonchalantly replied before the yakuza member left the area and Luhan let out a small sigh, ‘’So I guess half of our mission has been completed’’                ‘’Not yet, I feel like they still don’t trust us enough. Thanks to Chanyeol and his sniper, I saved the leader his life. He basically owns me for that yet I know they still have trust issues after someone from Hero’s syndicate betrayed them’’ Kris muttered and Kai nodded,

‘’So, should we head on first?’’

‘’We definitely should.’’

--

A small sigh escaped Jenny’s lips as she made her way home with the creepy five followers behind her. She had no idea who they were but Tao was decent enough to tell her beforehand in case she filed a report against them for following her around—not so good since they weren’t exactly off the cops their radar.

She had a busy day at the restaurant today which she was grateful of, her mind finally had some rest and she didn’t think of unnecessary stuff—until now.

Jenny knew all of them were gone, doing whatever they had to just to get to Hero and she understood it meant a lot to them but somehow she wished she never got herself tangled in to this mess. If she obeyed, listened to her parents and sisters’ request, she could’ve just stayed in Korea and she wouldn’t have met Jaejoong.

But somewhere in the back of her head, she was happy.

If she didn’t meet Jaejoong, she wouldn’t have met these six either—she wouldn’t have met Kris.

A sudden wave of guilt washed over inside of her finally the tears she kept hidden, flowed over her slightly tinted cheeks. The memories of Jaejoong flashed inside her but they we’re overpowered by the new memories, the ones she had with Kris. The first day they met, them bickering, the first day she was allowed to go out, the baby sitting job, finally the job at the restaurant, their intimate moments, the soothing silences between them in the night and finally that one magical kiss that changed the whole game for them.

She was in love with him, but what was keeping her back?

That’s right, the fact that her fiancé was the one who killed the love of his life and… Luhan’s sister. And just like that, her tears flowed down as she sobbed into utter darkness.

--

‘’Stop ing messing with us, Shota’’ Kris roared as he eyed the men in front, his damn gut feeling was right. They didn’t trust him completely yet and he was glad he didn’t inform the rest on their whereabouts.

‘’I gotta give you credit, we honestly thought you would blow this all up but I guess we’re dealing with a honest dealer here…’’ a mighty laugh escaped his lips while Kris groaned, ‘’Stop ing messing around, pretty dumb of you to think we would call the cops on you while we’re joining you’’ Kris grinned this time while the yakuza leader brushed him off,

‘’It’s an important transaction, a huge one in fact. Anything going wrong causes us to loose a fortune, let’s get that straight in to that petty blond head of yours’’ he took a puff of his cigarette before he focused his attention on the three in front of him, ‘’Very well then we shall proceed to the original meetup’’ he grinned before motioning them to follow them and just like that they we’re near the sea with numerous empty boats placed neatly on each side.

Several engines roared and the four slightly widened their eyes, Hero’s syndicate finally made their entrance. Slowly, the members of his syndicate stepped out of their cars with huge silver bags while the yakuza gang did the same.

Kris eyed a black van warily, the one where no one stepped out of was definitely the one in which Hero was present.  If only he could get closer.

‘’Have you brought the goods?’’ Shota grinned at the man in front while he nodded, forwarding the bag towards the yakuza gang who eagerly took it.

‘’Check the goods’’ he muttered, eye-ing Kris who shrugged while taking the package with white substance in it. Luhan took out a knife and neatly cut an opening while Kris slightly sniffed it, taking a dip with his finger in the substance before tasting it.

‘’Pretty high quality’’ he nodded at Shota who grinned, ‘’Very well then let’s take the bags, Luhan hand over the cash’’ he motioned him before making his way back to the van till several gunshots we’re heard and Kris let out a chuckle.

‘’At last’’ he grinned before slipping in between the crowd, making sure no shots would hit him before he ran towards the van, hurriedly grabbing the two sitting inside of it before pinning them to the ground. ‘’Where’s the ing scar’’ he muttered as he roughly lifted up their sleeves but groaned when there was nothing.

‘’Dammit’’ he cursed as he eyed his surroundings till he heard the engine of a boat roar and several curses escaped his lips, ‘’You cant ing run away’’ he yelled, running towards the boat while firing several gunshots but he was too late, Hero was far gone.

He was too ing late.

Kris could hear the mess behind him but he was too observed in loosing Hero, for the trillionth time he had lost him. He couldn’t believe it, he was so damn close. Suddenly a smiling Feilin flashed inside his mind and he finally lost it, the yells echoed throughout the place until Jenny flashed in his head.

Just like that, Feilin’s image was gone and all he could see was Jenny.

--

‘’Don’t beat yourself up for it, everything went smoothly. I guess Hero sensed it’’ Luhan mumbled while Kris shook him off. Just moments ago, he would’ve bitten anyone’s head that came near him but here he was, calmly going through the situation again. Was it because of Jenny?

‘’At least we got a bit of information from the two gangs’’ Kai mumbled while Kris eyed him curiously, ‘’Xero was the one who betrayed Hero’s syndicate right? He was one of the captains’’ Kai smoothly parked in front of their apartment while Chanyeol nodded, ‘’I sent Lay the details and apparently, Xero’s real name is Kim Byungjoo’’

Silence filled the air as Kris eyed him intently, ‘’What did you say?’’

‘’His name is Kim Byungjoo, the ex captain of Hero’s syndicate—that now betrayed him after the power he wanted wasn’-… where the hell do you think you’re going!?’’ Chanyeol called out but Kris was long gone, he had to see if she was safe. If she was right their in their apartment.

How could he have missed it?

Kim ing Byungjoo is Xero, he was right there next to Jenny, all the ing time. No one ever noticed, how could they be so dense?

The moment he opened the door, he was greeted by darkness and somehow his heart skipped several beats, was she gone?

‘’What the hell happened to you!?’’ Luhan cursed as he followed behind, eye-ing Kris who just stood there until Luhan decided to turn on the lights—only to be greeted by Jenny sitting quietly near the dining table.

‘’Sorry  we took so long…’’ Luhan muttered while she eyed them, guilt evident all over her face. ‘’What happened?’’ he slowly walked over towards her while she looked away, clearly debating something in her mind until her lips finally parted and cruel words left her lips.

‘’We we’re lovers…’’ she whispered, barely loud enough for both to hear, ‘’Lovers?’’ Luhan repeated while Kris eyed her intently, was he ready for this?

‘’Me and…’’ a slight pause took over and she took a deep breath,

 

‘’Hero… he was my fiancé.’’

 

 

 

Oh god its been so long, sorry! Hope you enjoy this, the secret's finally out! How will Kris react?