10

Kill This Love

----------------------------10----------------------------

 

‘’Are you sure that’s her?’’ Kris looked around before he took a seat in his sleek black car with Tao following. ‘’Positive, she bought childhood pictures with her’’ Luhan replied and Kris slightly nodded, ‘’Who found her?’’ Kris buckled up his seatbelt with his free hand patiently waiting for an answer while Luhan slightly paused,      

 ‘’Jenny herself’’             ‘’What?’’ Kris furrowed his eyebrows as he started the engine and speeded off, ‘’Did she remember her family members?’’          ‘’No well… rather then that she bumped in to her while she went out with Xiumin’’              ‘’Make sure she stays there, I’ll be there soon’’ Kris announced and hurriedly hung up without waiting for a reply.

‘’What happened?’’ Tao asked and Kris slightly groaned, ‘’Jenny happened, her so called sister is over’’ He muttered and Tao slightly widened his eyes, ‘’Do you think-…’’      ‘’No according to Luhan she has childhood pictures with her..’’

--

A silence filled the sitting room as Jenny scanned through the baby pictures her sister had brought with her and frowned. She was confused, it was like looking at someone else her childhood pictures but she saw the slight resemblance it had to her.

‘’How hard I try… I just can’t…’’ she muttered and the older female patted her back slowly while Luhan stared at the two along with Xiumin, Chen and Lay.

‘’Would you like something to drink?’’ Chen asked, breaking the silence while the lady slightly smiled, ‘’No thank you’’ she politely refused and the male nodded. ‘’Say… where are our parents?’’ Jenny turned to look at the female who slightly paused, wondering how exactly to tell her. The males slightly tensed as they watched the older female debating whether to tell or not till they heard a door click and all attention turned towards the newly arrived males.

‘’How sure are you that this is her sister?’’ Kris whispered in Luhan’s ear as he eyed the older female. ‘’She told us Jenny’s Korean name and her own full name. That’s where you know.. Lay did his job and tracked her down, thanks to her Korean name we we’re able to find out more’’ he muttered and Kris nodded, walking over towards the rest with Tao following.

‘’You must be Kris and Tao…’’ the female spoke and they slightly nodded, ‘’I’m Bom’s older sister Park Go Eun, thank you for taking care of her’’ she bowed whilst Tao did the same and Kris nodded, slightly looking away. ‘’Hey..’’ Jenny tugged on Kris his coat who eyed her curiously, ‘’She says she’s my older sister… yet I don’t remember anything’’ she frowned and he slightly nodded not sure how to reply.

A slight silence was soon followed with the male’s looking at each other unsure. Someone related to Jenny was finally found, though how much did she know about Jenny herself?

‘’Since you know Jenny the most, how much can you actually tell us?’’

--

‘’So you’re saying she didn’t recognize you?’’ a mid thirties man eyed the guy in front of him as he lit up a cigarette secured tightly between his slender fingers. Smoke was blown out of his lips and he tilted his head to the side, eyeing the male carefully.

‘’Like I said, though I wonder if it’s just an act’’ he muttered while the male nodded, ‘’He knows our hiding spot-…’’            ‘’He knows yours, not mine’’ the guy grinned, getting up with a knife in his hand. ‘’That day he saw you and he beat up your weaklings, but he didn’t know I was seated there too’’ the guy playfully slid the knife smoothly against the male’s cheek and he shivered, looking at him in fear.

‘’Since she doesn’t remember any of us, it’ll be easier to move in front of her’’ the guy took a step backwards putting the knife back on table, ‘’What do you mean?’’ the latter stared at him and he grinned.

 ‘’It’s simple, if she really doesn’t recognize us then we make a move…. Closer to her’’ he let out a laugh once he thought about his plan, he was getting revenge and he’ll be definitely successful with it.

--

‘’After graduating high school, she went to study in the US…’’ Go Eun thought about it carefully and Luhan nodded, ‘’How come you never knew what was going on with her afterwards?’’ he asked and when she looked around awkwardly he figured it out, bad relationship between siblings?

‘’Our parents weren’t really in… a good condition’’ she muttered and the few males sitting around them nodded while Jenny stared at the pictures in her hand. ‘’We did send each other letters and called each other but slowly it went lesser and lesser…’’ she turned to look at Jenny who her fingers gently over the pictures.

Somehow all of them knew what was going through Jenny’s head, seeing a picture without remembering the story, they knew she felt completely empty at that moment.

Kris eyed Jenny sternly, he followed her fingers and slightly peeked over at the picture before his eyes landed back on her face. He knew she was in deep thoughts and a slight tingle was felt inside him, was it guilt? Or something else? Why would he feel guilty when it wasn’t his fault but then again, why did he feel like he had to protect her in some kind of way after hearing slight bits of her story?

‘’After our parents passed away I got more busier with a family of my own, the last thing I heard however was that she was working in a restaurant as a part time job. Afterwards I didn’t hear anything from her…’’ She finished her last sentence, interrupting Kris his thoughts who nodded slightly, He mentally sighed, it was a long day for him and he was still nowhere near Hero yet again.

‘’I moved to the US a month ago though it was the opposite side of where I thought Bom was living, but when I went to visit her last week I heard from the landlord that she came back to Korea’’      ‘’And that’s how you’re here right now?’’ Lay asked this time and she nodded.

 ‘’Did the landlord say anything else? About who she went with and why?’’ Kris leaned forward in his seat with slight anticipation but when she shook her head he slightly frowned.

‘’He didn’t know the reason for her sudden leave and so far he didn’t see her with anyone else at that time…’’

Another silence was soon followed and Jenny turned to look at her sister, a slight smile on her lips.

‘’How many months?’’ she asked as she her older sisters stomach who smiled upon her question while the males awkwardly looked away and Go Eun laughed, ‘’You’ll get married too one day’’ she giggled with Jenny soon following while the males coughed, Kris slightly peeking over at Jenny.

‘’What!?’’ she glared at him and he quickly shrugged, why did he even think about her when marriage was mentioned? The sudden image of Jenny as his wife craved down his head, a small bump at the lower part just like her sister and he quickly shook his head, he was lacking sleep that was for sure.

When he noticed the two females happily chatting about the pregnant life he hurriedly rushed off to his room and a loud bang was heard.

‘’What was that for?’’ Jenny muttered, her hands planted on her chest with the males shrugging, ‘’Probably tired’’ Luhan mused, a glint of playfulness in his eyes. ‘’Go Eun-sshi’’ he called out and the female turned towards him, ‘’Oh no, please just call me Go Eun’’ she smiled sweetly at the male who nodded, a slight shade of pink seen on his cheeks.

 ‘’Umm.. why don’t you rest in Jenny’s room? It’s almost midnight and I’m sure you’re tired?’’ he suggested and Jenny quickly nodded, ‘’You must rest, it’s not healthy for you to stay up so late’’ she hurriedly ushered the female towards her room while bidding goodbye and Lay turned to look at Luhan curiously.

‘’What?’’ he innocently raised his hands and the rest just laughed it off before hurriedly going to their rooms.

--

‘’Why are you still up?’’ a messy haired Kris emerged from his room and Jenny made a face, ‘’Why is it always you’’ she whispered with him giving her a stern look, ‘’I heard that’’ he muttered and she put her lips on a firm line whilst following him with her eyes.

‘’Say…’’ she started again after a short silence and Kris his ears perked up, waiting for her to continue. ‘’Do you… have siblings?’’ she asked, her eyes looking intently at him and he paused. ‘’Why you ask?’’ he mumbled and she shrugged, ‘’I was curious’’

‘’I don’t’’ he stated and she nodded, turning her attention back to the huge TV in front of her. ‘’Do you have a Korean name too?’’ she asked this time without looking back at him.         ‘’Chinese one, why are you asking weird questions?’’               ‘’What is it?’’ she ignored his question and her eyes beamed as she turned to look at him, anticipating his answer but when the next words left his lips she frowned instantly.

‘’None of your business’’ he mumbled and she gave him one last glare before turning her attention back to the TV. Gunshots we’re heard and slight screaming, the lights flickering from the TV screen and Kris peeked over curiously. An action packed movie, he didn’t expect that from Jenny. He turned his attention back to whatever he was doing, getting a water bottle out of the fridge.

‘’Can I ask you another question?’’ she started again and he furrowed his eyebrows, ready to take huge gulps from the bottle while waiting for her to continue.

‘’Have you ever fallen in love?’’ she asked and the moment he registered whatever she said he spurted out the water and Jenny gasped, getting up quickly. She hurriedly rushed over and when he thought she’d ask if he was alright, she did the complete opposite.

‘’Now look what you did! I spent hours cleaning the kitchen!’’ she raged and his eye twitched, did she seriously just say that? He eyed her as she moved from one side to the other, getting napkins to clean the place up.

‘’Watch out it’s slipper-…’’ his words we’re soon interrupted as he heard a squeal and in the next few seconds she was secured tightly in his arms, a gasp following. The noise of the TV was heard while they stared at each other, with light breathes.

 Jenny knew her heart was beating incredibly fast and her cheeks slightly turned pink as she stared at the male who did the same. A heating sensation took over, with them never breaking the eye-contact.

Several moments passed and Jenny mentally cursed, this was wrong and she knew somewhere deep inside Kris thought the same. She quickly pushed him lightly away before getting up while he did the same, fixing his clothes in process. ‘’Umm…’’ she mumbled while he scratched the back of his head.

‘’I-‘’

‘’I-‘’

They both started and a wave of awkwardness flushed among the two, little did they know that their feelings we’re just starting to grow.

--

‘’Oh my god, are you serious!?’’ Jenny’s voice was heard through out the whole restaurant and Kris rolled his eyes. ‘’I told you once, I’m not repeating it’’ he barked and she frowned for a split second before she jumped again, completely excited.  ‘’I still do not understand how you agreed though’’ Luhan slightly grinned while the latter frowned, ‘’Shut up will you?’’ He fired completely annoyed. He didn't get enough sleep last night after that little incident. She left him in the kitchen without a word and he had to clean up himself although that wasn't what bugged him the most.

He eyed Jenny, did she get over it that quickly? We're girls really that bipolar? Why the hell did he even think about this!?

‘’From today on you’re working here as a part timer’’ An older male joined the small group and Jenny nodded eagerly, ‘’I’m Kim Donghyuk, the manager of this little restaurant’’ He smiled warmly at Jenny who bowed politely, ‘’I’ll be in your care from today on’’ she bowed again and he smiled warmly.

‘’Seriously, how did you… ?’’ Lay nudged Kris his side and he mentally cursed, was it a crime?

‘’Don’t you remember her sister telling us that she worked part time in a restaurant somewhere?’’ He turned to look over at Lay who slowly nodded. ‘’This is where she’ll regain her memories’’       ‘’But how can you leave her alone here?’’ Chen asked this time and Kris started grinning with the rest except Jenny looking at him weirdly.

‘’Why do I have to work here too!?’’ a whine was heard and all heads shot towards the youngest of them all and they soon started laughing at the poor male, ‘’I don’t want this!’’ he cursed and Xiumin patted his shoulder, ‘’Look at you, you look so cute in the waiter uniform’’ he mused and Tao glared at him, if glares could kill

‘’Oh, before I forget,’’ The manager announced, hurriedly calling over a male and Jenny’s eyes slightly widened. ‘’It’s you!’’ she pointed and the males stared at the two, ''We meet again'' he grinned and Jenny nodded, a slight blush taking over her cheeks. ‘’Do you know him?’’ The manager asked and she slightly shook her head, ‘’I saw him somewhere…’’ she muttered and he smiled. ‘’Well this guy will be working here too from today onwards’’ The manager announced and the six males eyed him intently.

‘’Nice to meet you, I’m Kim Byungjoo..’’