30.

Kill This Love

----------------------------30----------------------------

She clutched her chest tightly as she stared at his broad shoulders. In mere seconds had he intertwined his fingers with hers, and if she didn’t know better their hands intertwined fitted perfectly—is that how they usually describe it in romantic literature? 

Heart, can you simmer down a bit?

She knew she couldn’t tame her heart; she was far too much in love with him—that much she knew and maybe if she let him— something would change maybe even in a positive way, she couldn’t figure it out.

Jenny could only follow him with her eyes as he wistfully dashed towards the car with a grin she didn’t know had slipped on his facial features.

‘’Where are we going?’’ 

She knew he wouldn’t answer even when they were finally seated inside his car and all she could do was steal a few glances. His white-blond hair was a tangled mess—she knew at frustrated times he ruffled it up but it still looked so good on him. It was like he came out of a magazine, not the clean cut style but more of the badass-beaten up style—in some way she felt like it was a crime to look this good.

Ever so slowly would he bite his bruised lip as he eyed the road ahead.  A couple of bruises were painted across his pale cheek but other than that his chiseled features were sparkling under the city lights. The blood on his arm had dried up by now and she noticed every now and then he would slightly wince while steering the wheel.

‘’Does it hurt?’’ She eyed him slightly, while he shook his head. ‘’I’m used to it.’’

Those were the first words she had heard from him ever since he dragged her with him. His voice sounded hoarse, he was probably tired just as much as she was but somehow it didn’t matter—after today she knew they would rest for quite a while.

The ride continued with silence and she didn’t know how long they had been driving till she finally felt a nudge on her arm. ‘’Hey, we’re here’’ he muttered and she slightly stirred, her eyes fluttering open as she adjusted them to the sight. She scrunched up her nose as she eyed up the area, it seemed abandoned mostly and a shiver ran up her spine.

‘’Hey, where are we?’’ She eyed him while he shrugged and she slightly widened her eyes. ‘’Don’t tell me… you’re getting rid of me after all the trouble I caused?’’ Her brows furrowed slightly and he let out a loud chuckle, ‘’Don’t be so stupid’’ he laughed, slipping his hand in to hers.

‘’I’d never get rid of you.’’ 

That’s all it took for her insides to melt. His smile was genuine and his eyes slightly sparkled, it was like a whole new Kris but at the same time the same old Kris.

They both entered the abandoned – or so she thought—building at front and he guided her towards the lift and she eyed him skeptically. ‘’Umm, you know after this whole night… I wouldn’t appreciate being stuck in a lift as ending… you know?’’

‘’You won’t be stuck, wouldn’t that be a night eh?’’ He grinned at her while she pouted, following him inside while he pressed a few buttons. Surprisingly, the lift went up smoothly and she started to wonder if this really was as abandoned as it looked. A slight ding was heard and she followed him out, going through a few halls before finally reaching a door. The jingles from the keys echoed and as soon as he opened the door, she awed at the sight.

‘’This is usually where I stay when I’m not with the rest.’’ He slightly ruffled up his hair as he waited for her to enter, and she did—taking every bit of the place in.

The place was huge, that was for sure—but at the same time it looked super cosy. It was painted in black, grey and white, the simplest colors yet it gave off a chic high end vibe. She could tell a lot of things he had in it were expensive—and his taste was definitely similar to hers.

‘’You sure know how to furnish a place.’’

‘’It’s a gift—or so I’d say.’’ A lopsided smile appeared on his lips and she couldn’t help but look away, flustered at the sight. It wasn’t fair how he made her feel from the tiniest bits of interactions, did he feel the same?

‘’Umm, where do you keep the first aid-kit?’’ She asked while he eyed her before disappearing somewhere in a room ahead—not long after he walked back towards her with a box.

‘’I’ll fix you up’’ he mumbled while she shrugged, ‘’I am fine, it’s you who needs fixing up.’’ She eyed him while he shrugged and not long a groan escaped his lips as she nudged him slightly on the spot, ‘’See’’ she grinned while he let out another groan.

Jenny started checking the box, picking out anything she would need for the wound he had on his arm. She didn’t know much about treating a gun wound but from her previous experience she could slightly guess what was needed.

‘’You need to take off your shirt so I can work you know?’’ Jenny eyed him intensely while he let out a small sigh, ‘’I can do it by myself, you don’t need to worry.’’ Kris got ready to go but she pushed him back down on the couch, ‘’Please’’ she mumbled and that was all that was needed for him to give in.

A soothing silence soon followed as he hesitated, but slowly started ing his shirt slightly so he could only take the side that was wounded off while Jenny stared in awe. His chiseled well-built body was a sight but her gaze slowly focused on the few scars that were pencilled across his torso.

He knew she would ask questions and before he put the shirt back on, she held his hand tightly. 

‘’Don’t…’’ she whispered faintly while he let out a small breathe, his eyes never leaving hers. 

She moved towards him, her fingertips slowly grazing his scars and he could feel shivers run down his spine with her touch. She could feel the sorrow of the scars that left a huge impact on him mentally. She could almost guess where they came from as she remembered what Luhan told her once before and not to forget, the night Kris spilled his side of the story.

Xi Feilin, Luhan’s sister and Kris his lover.

His story ended in such a cruel way, all she could think of was how he suffered along with Luhan. Was it all because of her once precious lover? She felt guilty, it was crumbling her up inside but she didn’t want to move, she wanted to stay right here beside him.

But was it alright to?

It’s pretty obvious that the Kim Jaejoong she knew and loved was nowhere near Hero, so what changed? Was he that cruel monster right from the start and she never realized? Or did something happen along the way?

She felt betrayed.

The one she was supposed to tie down her life with was nowhere near the person she actually knew, would she have continued living a lie?

‘’Hey..’’ a slight nudge brought her back to reality and she let out a small sigh,  ‘’You’ve wrapped the bandage too many times now.’’ A small chuckle escaped his lips and she frowned, she was so deep in thought she didn’t even realize she already took care of his wound== luckily the bullet only grazed his skin so it was nothing major. 

‘’What’s on your mind?’’ 

Hero, Feilin.. you.

‘’N-nothing…’’ she hurriedly looked away while he furrowed his eyebrows, obviously not buying her lie. ‘’I know when something’s not right… did… did he do something we don't know?’’ He eyed her sternly as she looked away and right there he knew she would walk away like all the previous times, but this time he wouldn't let her— Kris promised himself that he would be honest from now on.

He felt her flinch under his touch and his eyes slightly widened. In one swift movement had he pulled her towards him and before she knew it, she was pinned, on the couch— with him on top. 

She felt her cheeks tingle with his rugged breath, it was like time had stopped and they were in their own world. His eyes searched for hers and she knew he was getting impatient, worried even. Did he really know her so well as he claims? She could only wonder.

‘’Answer me.’’ his husky voice rang through her ears and her mind knocked back in to reality as she continued eye-ing him. His question lingered inside her head, what would he have done if she was touched wrongly?

‘’He didn’t’’ she whispered while he slightly nodded, 

‘’What’s wrong Bom?’’ And it took just one question, one simple question— for her to let her guard down and for him to catch something swiftly, something so small he almost missed it and he slightly felt a mixture of anger and guilt.

He knew she was partly blaming herself for Feilin.

That’s the kind of girl Jenny was, the one he fell crazily in love with— it scared him slightly. She came out of nowhere, and just like that had she stolen his heart— even after he vowed not to fall in love, not to care and love someone so deeply only for him to loose her. But life had its own mysterious way and maybe this was gods way of telling him he deserved another chance, that maybe this time it would work out and they would live happily ever after, weren’t they at such a stage already?

He let out a small sigh as he eyed her sternly, she was beautiful in so many ways. 

His finger tips slowly traced her skin and she felt her heart skip a beat. Was he hearing the damage he was doing? With the silence surrounding them and him being glued on to her skin, she was sure that he could hear it— feel it even, because she sure as hell felt it and her mind raced. Was his heart beating as fast as hers?

She noticed him frown slightly as he traced the marks Xero had left earlier, but she shrugged it off. She was safe and sound, and she sure as hell knew the bruises would fade in time, instead she focused on him solemnly, from his eyes, to his nose and finally to his lips…

‘’You know, it’s not your fault.’’ he whispered and Jenny’s eyes slightly widened with his statement, did he actually figure it out? Was she so easy to read that he had it uncovered in just mere seconds?

‘’What do you mean not my fault?’’ Jenny slightly pushed him off, her composure changing with seconds passing by and he frowned. He knew her defense mechanism kicked in and he mentally cursed, she was being cautious— careful even. He knew she felt guilty, he knew she wouldn’t admit that the guilt she had was for no reason and it irked him.

He loved her.

He still loves her.

Your fiancé killed his love.

He killed the only joy and happiness in his life…

How could I pretend like nothing’s wrong and embrace my love for him?

 

‘’You don’t know anything at all’’ She muttered and he slightly groaned, ruffling up his hair in process. Just like that had she walked off on him, was he really going to let it go like that? Was he only going to keep the promise he made to himself till this far? Was she really letting it all go, the moments she had longed for?

‘’Don’t walk away from me.’’               ‘’Or what? Tell me or what?’’ She let out a muffled groan while he sighed, how the hell did it go back to square one? Was she really going to pretend that all these small intimate moments never happened?

’’I know you lost a loved one, and I know you still love her-…’’          ‘’I don’t damn it! I don’t!’’ He let out a heavy shaky breath as he stormed over towards her, taking her completely off-guard. In just mere seconds had he pinned her against the wall, capturing her lips roughly and that’s where their worlds stopped.

Love, anger, sadness, guilt, desire, passion, happiness— everything was mixed up yet it was the perfect combination they craved.

For the second time had they felt their worlds collide, fireworks exploding from within and thats when they both had realized, they were far too gone into their love— the pieces had finally fit together and this was the second chance they had been craving,

Their breathing echoed through out the room as he slowly parted his lips from hers leaving her confused as she eyed him. In one swift moment had he leaned his forehead against her— his palms caressing her cheeks gently.

‘’I don’t blame you, nor do I ever plan to blame you for her death…’’ He slowly moved his thumb towards her eye gently as he wiped off a tear she hadn’t realized slipped down, ’’The guilt you have inside of you is wrong in so many ways Bom, you didn’t do anything wrong.’’

‘’But I-…’’         ‘’I know he was your fiancé, but that doesn't have anything to do with her death and all of this Bom.’’ He gently squeezed her cheek while she nodded slightly, her guilt slowly fading away. Was she so stupid to believe he blamed her? Was she so stupid to blame herself? She bit her lip slightly while he let out a groan, 

‘’God you don’t know what you do to me.’’ His voice lowered down and she furrowed her brows, ‘’Wha-…’’ and just like that had he locked her lips with hers smoothly, sealing a deal with unspoken words as he carried her towards his bedroom, 

‘’Hey- mmff- where- mmff- are you t-mmff- YAH!’’

And just like that the love they had for each other burst through them as they filled each other up with their passionate new-found love.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Finally a chapter dedicated to the lovebirds. I tried my hardest to convey everything as good as possible so please don't mind if i didn't do it properly, or satisfy you guys. There's alot of drama coming next as its almost the end! Sorry that it took so long to update but I'm defo back on track. Please do comment once you have read it, I love reading your comments.