15.

Kill This Love

----------------------------15----------------------------

‘’This is so unfair, as soon as I get better I have to get back here to work’’ Tao frowned as he put the empty cup away while Jieun eyed him sternly, ‘’Quit being whiny idiot’’ she playfully punched his arm while he let out a yelp, ‘’Ya! My arm still hasn’t healed you know!’’ he groaned while the latter let out a laugh before turning to Jenny who tried to keep herself busy behind the bar but miserably failed.

‘’Hey, what’s wrong?’’ Jieun eyed her and she quickly shook her head, ‘’Mm, nothing at all’’ Jenny gave a small smile while the other two looked curiously at each other.

‘’It’s my fault your stuck here…’’ she mumbled and both widened their eyes, ‘’No-…’’           ‘’I’m really sorry and I promise I’ll work hard and get my memories back as soon as possible’’ she whispered while the two eyed each other before Jieun spoke up.

‘’Why are you apologizing?’’

‘’Because Tao is stuck here because of m-…’’

‘’No, no one is stuck here. He was willing to work as long as you work hard to get your memories back you know?’’ she gave a small smile and Jenny hesitantly nodded, ‘’Besides he whines about everything, nothing someone should take serious’’ she grinned while Tao let out a moan of curses before the females both had a fit of laughter.

‘’You two are so evil’’ he let out a groan, busying himself with the tables while Jenny prepared a cup of coffee she was ready to bring over to the male who ordered it.

‘’I’ll be right back’’ she smiled at Jieun who nodded before she carefully walked over to the male. Placing it neatly on the table, she was ready to head back until she heard a light thud and a sudden yell-   ‘’Ya! What kind of an employee are you!?’’ the male barked at her, angrily standing up while she eyed him, slightly panicking. ‘’You spilled coffee all over these important files, do you know how important these we’re!? Ya!!’’ he continued yelling at her while the latter bowed, muttering a few apologies. She hurriedly grabbed a napkin, ready to wipe it off but a grip on her arm made her pause and she was now facing Byungjoo’s back who eyed the male sternly.

Jieun and Tao both stopped in their tracks as they watched the scene unfold. Nodding to each other, they both agreed to step in when it was needed- so far it wasn’t and both we’re glad another employee stepped in.

‘’Sir, we would like it if you don’t make a scene.’’ He muttered and the male gaped at Byungjoo, ‘’Ya! Don’t you see, she spilled it on purpose-…’’                  ‘’I saw you and she didn’t spill it, you carelessly put your folders near it’’ Byungjoo eyed the male as he moved a step closer, ‘’Don’t make a scene before I make you disappear’’ he whispered icily, making sure no one heard him while the male shuddered, slightly nodding.

‘’Now if you don’t mind sir, I’ll make copies of these. Please wait a bit’’ Byungjoo smiled at the customer, taking his file with him while Jenny eyed him as he walked towards the staff room.  ‘’Oh god, did you see that?’’ The manager smiled as he looked at Byungjoo dreamily, ‘’So manly, I am glad we hired him’’ he grinned and Jieun smiled as she eyed Jenny—the slight tint of redness on her cheek was un-miss-able.

‘’Would you look at that’’ she grinned while Tao eyed her curiously, ‘’Uh, what? Look at what?’’ he looked around and Jieun let out a sigh as she shook her head, ‘’Men…’’ she mumbled before taking a seat again and sipping her now-cold latte.

--

‘’Anything new you got there?’’ Luhan closed the door behind him while Lay shrugged, ‘’faint leads though nothing new’’ he mumbled and Luhan nodded, his lips pressed on a thin line. When Kris told them something about a ‘’XERO’’ last night, they we’re surprised and tried to wreck their brains thinking of possible connections but none of them made sense so Lay decided to get something out of the laptop that was hidden in Kanzaki Jun’s apartment.

‘’Most stuff is in Japanese however with my basic skills I can assure you that nothing mentions that lad named ‘’XERO’’, just Hero here and there and something with a ‘’JOO’’ but I’m not sure what exactly that is’’ he let out a small groan and Chen nodded, ‘’Probably nothing but you should get it all translated just in case it’s needed’’ The latter turned to look at Lay who continued tapping on the keyboard.

‘’There’s this guy though,’’ Lay paused, looking at the screen while both Chen and Luhan’s ears perked up, ‘’Huh?’’ they mumbled, confused while Lay let out a small sigh. ‘’Dongmin, he’s been active lately and according to files that used to be on here-…’’ he turned the screen towards the both, ‘’He’s involved with Hero, he worked with Jun before’’ he finished and Luhan slightly widened his eyes before nodding.

‘’Anything on how he looks like and where he might possibly be?’’

‘’Well’’ Lay paused as he turned the screen back to him before tapping away, ‘’I went through CCTV footage from places Jun looked up and weirdly theirs is one guy that is seen in all of them throughout the week’’                        ‘’What!? You checked a whole week of worth footage!?’’ Luhan gaped along with Chen at Lay who nodded, ‘’In what, a day?’’                 ‘’No two but argh- that doesn’t matter I speeded it up, but I personally assume that this is Dongmin who is involved and might possibly know this ‘’XERO’’ person’’

‘’Does he have specific times he visits the places though?’’ Luhan leaned back on his seat while Lay frowned, ‘’For that to be found out, I have to watch footage from a month or so’’ he turned to look towards the two males who nodded, ‘’Damn that’s a lot’’ Chen let out a frustrated sigh and Lay nodded, ‘’Though I can make it easier by picking out one day’’ he slightly stretched while Luhan looked at him curiously, ‘’What do you mean a day?’’

‘’Pick a day’’ he grinned as he turned towards Luhan who furrowed his eyebrows, ‘’Umm… Wednesday?’’                 ‘’Alright then, now that the day has been chosen all I have to do is watch footage of four days, the four Wednesdays in a month’’ he explained and when both Luhan and Chen got the hang of it they nodded with a grin, ‘’Smartass’’                 ‘’It’s called thinking logically’’                  ‘’Logically my arse’’ Luhan let out a laugh, ‘’You spent some time thinking about this kind of technique so don’t give me that bull’’

‘’Fine fine, you knew so you could’ve at least played along’’

‘’Not in a million years Mr. Yixing’’

--

‘’I don’t think Kris will allow that though’’ Luhan gave Jenny a small smile while she frowned. ‘’He needs to I mean, because of me Tao is working there… and you know I think Byungjoo might protect me even better’’ she took a sip of her drink before she turned to look at Luhan, ‘’When I was in a pinch earlier he suddenly appeared and helped me out… doesn’t that mean he’s a reliable co-worker? We mostly have the same shifts so it should be fine’’ she mumbled while Luhan let out a small sigh.

‘’As much as this idea sounds appealing, we still don’t know who and what kind of person Byungjoo is… you only met him for what, a couple of weeks?’’

‘’I know but still, when that customer was ready to yell and when I was so sure I would get fired, he came in to my rescue. If my memory doesn’t return, does that mean Tao will work there forever along with me? I mean… I just want him to go back to whatever… he was doing’’ she mumbled and Luhan suddenly nodded, ‘’So that’s what it was about’’ he scratched the back of his head while Jenny sheepishly looked away.

‘’Look at it like this’’ Luhan put his lips on a firm line before he started talking again, ‘’We took you in willingly which means we also protect you willingly. At this point you could say it’s part of our job.’’

Jenny looked at him sceptically. She knew the words that left his lips we’re only used to make her feel better, it was clear to everyone that the reason they took her in and are still protecting her is the only way they could step closer to Hero. She was being used as a bait, without her they would get nowhere.

As harsh as that sounded, it was reality. It wasn’t some cliché story, it was a bitter story. A silence took over as they both focused back on an episode of CSI. Luhan couldn’t help but think, he knew Jenny wasn’t dense. She knew the real reason they kept her. She knew everything yet he blurted nonsense like that but he had to admit there was some truth to it. The intentions weren’t half hearted anymore, in fact they did start to care for her in a family like way, but did Jenny know?

His thoughts we’re suddenly interrupted when he felt light weight on his shoulder and when he turned to look he was surprised to see Jenny’s light breathings with her eyes closed.

She fell asleep.

 A small smile took over his lips as he eyed her intently, taking in her features bit by bit. Never had he seen her up this close and for a tiny second, he felt his heart race once his eyes landed on her lips. Seconds passed by like that as he slowly leaned in,

But when he was close enough; he paused. Another smile taking over hips lips before he planted a soft kiss on her forehead.

‘’Sleep tight…’’

 

==

‘’So have you made any new friends?’’ Jieun eyed the female who slightly smiled with a nod, ‘’Well I wouldn’t say friends but… Kim Byungjoo’’ she mumbled and Jieun widened her eyes in knowledge, ‘’You mean that guy that saved you that day?’’ she grinned and Jenny nodded. ‘’He started working  at the same time as me… and he’s kind, I’d say we get along…’’

‘’Who gets along?’’ the sudden husky voice made Jenny flinch, surprising her while Jieun groaned, ‘’You two seriously need to be in here, in Jenny’s session?’’ she frowned as she eyed Kris and Xiumin, ‘’I mean she’s inside with me, who will dare to magically appear in this room and kidnap her?’’ she mocked and Kris rolled his eyes, ‘’Just shut up and continue your work will you?’’

‘’Disrespectful idiot, your in my office atleast have some respect’’ Jieun huffed as she turned to face Jenny again who just ignored the two males. ‘’Fine’’ Jieun muttered, looking back at the males- ‘’But don’t you even dare to disturb this session, do you hear me!?’’

‘’Loud and clear’’ Xiumin swore, his hands held up and Jieun nodded, satisfied.

‘’So, about that guy… do you have feelings for him? You know… as someone from the opposite ?’’ she eyed Jenny curiously who slightly paused. A small silence took over and Jieun didn’t hesitate to switch her attention to Kris who furrowed his eyebrows.

‘’I wonder…’’

Her attention was turned back to Jenny and she nodded, surprised by her answer. She didn’t fail to catch the same surprise from both Kris and Xiumin and mentally made a note to herself.

‘’You know…’’ Jieun put the files on the table while she eyed Jenny, ‘’There’s a possibility that the memory you rejected is related to… your lover’’ she leaned forward as she thought about it carefully. ‘’If… that Byungjoo is the type you like, it’s possible and it might be easier to draw out memories of your lover’’

‘’But… I don’t know if I like him… as a man’’ she mumbled, thinking about it carefully. ‘’But somehow… I get this warm feeling-…’’                ‘’Is that different from liking!?’’ the sudden interruption made Jenny turn her head towards the voice and she was surprised it was Kris that butted in. ‘’Isn’t it the same?’’ he barked at her and she frowned, ‘’Why the hell are you angry?’’

‘’Me? Why would I be angry!? It’s a damned normal question’’                   ‘’Well if it is then I think it’s different’’ she fired back as she shot him a glare, ‘’But of course you wouldn’t know’’ she mumbled and Kris let out a frustrated groan as he fished out two pictures out of his pocket.

‘’Moving on and straight to the point, do you remember him?’’ he put the two pictures on the table and Jieun let out a gasp, ‘’What the hell do you think you’re doing!? Stop that you idiot’’ she let out a frustrated yelp while getting up, ready to grab the pictures but Kris held her strongly back.

‘’I don’t recognize him at a-…’’                   ‘’Look carefully, you might remember him from America-…’’           ‘’Stop trying to force out these memories Yifan’’ Jieun raised her voice and both turned to look at her, ‘’It will just make her reject those memories’’

A silence followed as Xiumin eyed the three warily. He knew Jieun had a point but Kris was stubborn, he wouldn’t let things go so easily.

‘’Fine, just tell me when you remember’’ he muttered, scattering the pictures back in his pocket surprising both Xiumin and Jieun, Kris never let things go so easily. Xiumin followed Kris with his eyes as he was ready to exit the room but when Jenny suddenly spoke, he halted in his tracks.

‘’Even though we’re always together… I’m still just your tool to chase after this Hero guy huh?’’  She muttered bitterly and when she heard a loud bang she suddenly let out the breath she didn’t even know she was holding. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hohohoho update!

Slowly but surely, I hope you enjoy, subscribe and comment!

Also, an update, I've been writing a LuhanxBom fic, JaejoongxBom fic and another KrisxBom fic yet to be published lol. Im also working on chapters for this fic and a few on going of mine so if you read them please be patient! I want to hurry and finish writing it so I can calmly publish chapters but it also takes time... 

Teaser for upcoming chapters;

The truth behind the reason why they are hunting down Hero/ Why Kris hates him so much. More on who XERO is. More on Byungjoo. Jenny will regain her memories soon...... mwehehehehe.