29.

Kill This Love

----------------------------29----------------------------

 

‘’So you mean they’re at the place we found her!?’’ Tao eyed Jieun who nodded in return, ‘’the tracker says the car is currently parked there. My take is they are actually there—Jenny led them to it’’ She muttered, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear as she continued tapping on her laptop.

‘’Isn’t that just a trap?’’                       ‘’Why would it be? Think about it, all we heard from Lay was that Kris actually talked to her on the phone. Now what could she have said for him to rush over there? The only ones who know about that place exactly are you and Kris’’ She muttered while he let out a small sigh, slowly slipping everything in his brain.

‘’Doesn’t that mean we have to head over to the place in case they need back-up?’’

‘’That’s exactly why we called you all here. The injured ones have luckily healed but we will keep them positioned here along with Jieun while the rest of us goes there.’’ Suho ordered, grabbing a few handy things along the way.

‘’I think we should divide the group equally, in case something does happen.’’ Chanyeol mumbled while Suho eyed him, ‘’Like what?’’                        ‘’Well, in case they have all sorted it out and they are on their way here and might be followed. I don’t know we should just be safe and open to all the options, you know?’’

‘’Fair enough, let’s split up and head over there as soon as possible’’

‘’Roger that, let’s be prepared just in case. It’s not Xero only we might have to deal with.’’ Luhan mumbled while Baekhyun let out a sigh, ‘’everything is unpredictable so we can’t say anything yet, Lu.’’                    ‘’I know that, but after the incident earlier I know Hero’s syndicate won’t let Jenny go, think about it. They had attacked Xero’s men, doesn’t that mean Hero might be very much alive?’’

‘’But that’s not something we should think about, right?’’ Jieun chirped, slightly stretching as she turned to face him.                      ‘’What do you mean?’’                   ‘’Well what I mean is pretty clear right? Our main priority as of now shouldn’t be Hero or his syndicate or Xero. It should be Jenny.’’ she took in a small breath before she continued,

‘’Think of how she’s feeling right now. She’s probably so scared, mentally and physically exhausted, we should prioritize her right now. We need to bring her back; it’s been too long now. We need her safe and sound Luhan.’’

‘’We need her back.’’

--

‘’Wake up! Please wake up’’ Jenny cried as she clutched Kris his shoulders that lay lifelessly beside her. ‘’Please wake up, don’t die on me please’’ she cried while Xero let out a laugh, ‘’serves you right’’ he muttered as he grabbed Jenny’s arm who groaned in return with his iron grip on her.

‘’Let go of me!’’ Jenny yelled as she tried to release herself but Xero held on tighter as he dragged her out of the place while muttering curses. He wouldn’t let this chance slip away so easy—be it limping or not. He was going to find Hero, with or without the girl.

‘’Yi Fan!!!’’ her voice came out hoarse but she needed to try, she needed to know if he was alright. When that gunshot was fired, all she saw was red. She prayed so hard that he was alright, but after the numerous gunshots Xero fired afterwards she wasn’t so sure anymore—he slipped through her hold and she couldn’t even do anything.

‘’You filthy !’’ He roared, his right hand slipping through the air—landing right on Jenny’s cheek. The impact of it was huge, she could tell by the immense pain she felt and more tears slipped down. She didn’t want to be this weak, she needed to be strong but it was impossible. Even for her—right now it was impossible.

‘’Take her towards the car’’ Xero demanded to one of the men that stood on the lookout outside while he fished out his phone out of his pocket, quickly dialling a number,

‘’Tell Hero to ing come out or I’ll really kill his girl! You hear me!?’’ Xero roared as he limped towards the car while one of his men dragged Jenny behind him.

‘’Go ahead’’ a husky voice replied, followed by a mocking chuckle while Xero looked around, puzzled. ‘’What? What do you mean go a-…’’            ‘’Whether the girl is dead or alive, you certainly will die. How did betraying the syndicate feel like?’’                  ‘’WHAT!?’’ He barked, completely panicking as he scanned the area around. How is this ing possible?

Frustrated, he fished out a gun from his pocket, aiming it right at Jenny who widened her eyes. Was it really going to be like this? All that torture for literally nothing? Was this really the end, one she had been looking for the moment she got taken away?

‘’Looks like that ing syndicate doesn’t need you anymore.’’ He barked, ‘’you are of no use anymore’’ a grin slowly crept up on his face as he eyed her, clutching the gun tightly in his hand. ‘’Looks like this is the end’’ he let out a chuckle before finally firing a shot.

--

‘’How far is everyone?’’ Jieun eyed the group that stayed around who slightly shrugged, ‘’Last update was fifteen minutes till they reach the place, as for Lay he gave a small update’’ Chanyeol looked at her while she signalled him to continue, ‘’they sort of have Jenny but at the same time Kris is wounded…’’

‘’What? Impossible…’’ she mumbled while he shrugged, ‘’Foul shot, he was distracted.’’ He finished off and she slowly nodded. The one thing she knew about Kris was that he rarely took any shots and when he did it did quite the damage. But why was he distracted? Unless… A small grin took over her lips as she eyed the monitor in front, she was right all along.

This was more than just protecting her from the bad; it was way more than that.

‘’Did you update the guys on it? There might be injuries?’’

‘’Yes ma’am, they’re notified and slightly prepared.’’ Xiumin joined in and she nodded. Not too long now till they’re all safe and sound.

--

A small groan escaped her lips while her eyes were shut tightly. She knew he fired, but she didn’t feel anything except the impact of a push. She slowly opened her eyes and widened it at the sight. He had definitely fired, but someone pushed her aside right on time.

Kris had pushed her away.

He was alive and well, breathing intact right in front of her.

And she could’ve sworn her heart might have skipped several beats here and there, after seeing his reassuring lopsided smile. She felt so safe as he slightly tightened his arms around her, she never felt like this before—not that she remembered it. Right at that moment she forgot where she was, she forgot that she was in the midst of a battlefield, she forgot Lay stood on his own as he fought Xero and his last man standing to the ground.

‘’But… how…’’ she whispered while he slightly nodded at her, ‘’Bulletproof vest.’’ His lips slightly curled upwards and she let out a slight whimper—completely not believing what she heard. Did she worry for no reason?

‘’There’s… blood?’’ her breathe hitched and he slightly frowned, ‘’Lucky shot, are you alright?’’ he muttered pulling her up so she was standing right next to him and she nodded, slightly dazed.

‘’We need to tie their hands or whatever,  they’re pulling too many tricks now, it’s starting to get annoying’’ Lay groaned as he threw away another gun and Kris slightly chuckled, ‘’I’m on it’’ he nodded as he walked towards Xero while Lay handled one of his men and when they thought its finally over, numerous shots were fired.

Hero.

‘’Lay quick take Jenny to the back’’ Kris roared as he pushed Xero on the ground after his men was shot. He quickly dragged Xero to the back too before starting his own round of shots; he knew very well what was happening.

Hero’s syndicate cleaning up the mess like all of the previous times.

He wouldn’t let that happen, not again.

When it finally calmed down, they let out a sigh of relief. Whoever came from his side gave up, probably knew he wouldn’t be able to get past them—especially not when Jenny was present too. Kris and Lay were glad; they finally caught someone that could give them all the answers they need.

It wasn’t like the usual times where the loyalty was shown and they died in the sins of the syndicate they were part of. This was good, they would finally have more to work on and they were probably a couple of steps closer to Hero.

Kris slightly turned to his side, eye-ing Jenny who was huddled up in a corner—wondering if it finally was over and he slightly grinned.

Not at the sight, but he finally fulfilled his promise.

He had promised her that he would do everything to get her back and keep her safe, and here they were.

A beep was heard interrupting his thoughts and Lay sighed, ‘’they’re finally here’’ he muttered, relief flashing his features. He looked at the two before smiling slightly to himself, ‘’I’ll take Xero towards them, don’t take too long’’ he let out a slight chuckle before dragging Xero with him who groaned, mumbling a few things here and there while Jenny eyed the two figures who slowly disappeared in to the darkness.

‘’Are you alright?’’ Kris eyed her, holding her hand as he helped her up while she nodded. ‘’Just a bit tired.’’ She mumbled while he shrugged, taking of his leather jacket before placing it on her shoulders. ‘’Can you walk?’’ He asked, his voice low as ever and she quickly nodded, her cheeks slightly flushed and his lips slightly curled.

‘’Thank you’’ she whispered, knowing it had only reached her ears but when she heard his reply she slightly widened her eyes.

‘’Always.’’

--

‘’Oh look, there they are’’ Tao grinned while Kris shrugged and Jenny smiled at the sight. ‘’Are you alright?’’ Luhan eyed her and she nodded, ‘’Thank you all for everything.’’ She mumbled and the gang grinned as they eyed her, ‘’you’re part of us now so it’s natural we help each other out, right?’’ Kai smiled and she slightly nodded.

She was so happy to be back with familiar people, the ones she felt safe with. It had been so long she felt this safe—truth to be told she never thought she would actually make it. She could just see how much of a psycho Xero really was—complete the opposite of when she used to work with him under the name Byungjoo.

It scared her that his drastic change in characters was actually possible. He was so obsessive with Hero, she knew that if she lasted longer with him she wouldn’t have made it—the bruises he left on her were just the start. Her cheek still stinged from that horrible slap and she knew it left some kind of bruise as well as on her wrists.

‘’What say we head back? It’s been an awfully long day and I’m ready to knock out’’ Lay muttered, ruffling up his hair while the rest nodded, ‘’All that pressure and stress really does things to your head’’ Sehun joined in and Jieun chuckled over the headpiece, ‘’did anyone get injured… badly?’’ She muttered and they all eyed Kris who shrugged, setting his gaze on Jenny. ‘’You alright?’’

‘’Yeah, thanks’’ she mumbled and the crowd eyed each other, they knew what was going on and slightly grinned.

‘’What say we head back?’’ Lay stretched a bit before stepping in to the car followed by the others while Kris kept his eyes on Jenny who fumbled with his jacket as she waited for everyone to step in. Once everyone was settled in the van, she was about to join when Kris pushed her back, a faint grin settled on his lips.

‘’Eh?’’ a small whimper escaped her lips while he eyed the ones seated inside already, ‘’We will meet you there’’ was all he said before he slipped his hand in to hers, running swiftly to his car that was parked opposite.

‘’Wait what!?’’ Tao groaned while the rest look baffled at their retreating figures, ‘’what does he mean later? Why didn’t he take us?’’ He muttered, scratching the back of his head while Lay let out a mocking chuckle followed by Luhan.

‘’And I was going to share the leftover pizza from last night…’’ he groaned once again while Jieun sighed in their earpiece, ‘’It’s all yours now Tao’’ she muttered and he looked questioningly at Luhan, ‘’but what if he’s hungry later?’’          

 

 

‘‘Stupid, he’s not coming back home tonight at all.’’