26.

Kill This Love

----------------------------26----------------------------

She stirred slightly, her eyes slowly fluttering open. Dark coloured specks clouded her vision but it didn’t last long as she adjusted her sight to her surroundings. She was seated with five men, two In the front, one next to her and two in the back—which meant she was in a big van.

Jenny  slowly looked to her left before she peeked to her right—thanking the heavens she managed to slip an older version of her phone in between the seats before they covered her nose with white cloth—an obvious move so she couldn’t see the entire route they were off to.

‘’Sleeping beauty finally has awoken’’ Byungjoo grinned as he turned towards her while she merely let out a slight scoff, irked she once admired him.          ‘’Oh come on, I apologize for everything. I’ll even make it up to you’’ he grinned and she frowned, ‘’I’ll let you meet your beloved fiancé, miss Park Bom’’ he let out a hearty laugh before focusing back on the road again while she silently cursed, where the hell was he taking her?

‘’Hikaru, call them up. Tell them we have the syndicate’s woman.’’

‘’Roger that’’ the male from the front passenger seat called out before dialling a number on his phone while Byungjoo grinned, ‘’Aren’t you excited?’’

‘’What is your goal?’’ She muttered, her hand slightly shifting to the side without him noticing while he let out another laugh, ‘’My goal?’’ he turned to face her with the biggest smile she had ever seen, ‘’To take over your fiancé’s syndicate and to wipe him off of this world’’

A small gasp escaped her lips before all five men let out laughs, ‘’Along with Wu Yi Fan.’’ He finished and she could’ve sworn her heart left her ribcage as her eyes widened at the turn of events.

Both were his targets.

--

‘’A tracker?’’ Luhan muttered and Kris nodded, ‘’I gave her my old phone just in case a while ago, before she was captured I gave her instructions on what to do if—ever she did get caught’’ he mumbled, tapping several things on his laptop while the latter nodded, ‘’Wont they find out soon though?’’                      ‘’Possible but we cant take any chances right now, we need to track them down as soon  as possible’’

Luhan merely nodded at him, he was surprised actually. When he met up with Kris again—he looked worn out. His skin was pale while his hair was a mess as he carried Kai towards his car. It strangely reminded him of the time when Xi Feilin had died, his little sister, right In front of Kris his eyes—but the moment he stepped foot in the hideout, a change took over.

Its like Kris had convinced himself that he would find Jenny, he would find the girl he had fallen in love with. He ordered everyone—besides the injured—to do the task he handed, like he had everything sorted in just mere seconds. He was surprised but it wasn’t a bad kind, it was a good kind.

‘’I would never have pinned you to use such an old trick though’’ Luhan let out a small chuckle while he shrugged, ‘’Turn your headset on’’ he called out and the few of them hurriedly scattered to find their earpieces before nodding and putting them in and when they did—they were incredibly surprised.

‘’How did you-…’’ Tao was cut off by Suho who hurriedly shushed him while the rest listened closely to the conversation Xero and Jenny were having.

That’s right, Kris had instructed her to somehow try and call him through the phone she had hidden within her clothes after taking her coat off and using it as a trick in the empty building. She was lucky Byungjoo was seated to her left since she had stored the phone to her right—easier to move and slip it between the seats after ringing Kris while turning the volume to the lowest—just so they couldn’t hear the sound of the bell going through.

‘’She actually pulled it off’’ Chen whispered, a proud smile etched on his face while Kris slightly nodded, proud himself.

‘’Lay are you on it?’’ Kris muttered and he nodded, their voices weren’t clear enough—the voice surrounding them was too much and he knew they would loose connection soon, they we’re definitely going through a tunnel right now.

‘’What if they find out? What if they kill her?’’ Xiumin eyed them all while the rest turned to Kris who let out a small sigh, ‘’She’s the bargaining chip with Hero’s syndicate, they wouldn’t kill her so easily.’’

‘’You don’t know for-….’’            ‘’We have to go with this alright?’’ he barked, eye-ing Luhan sternly who guiltily looked away, of course he had a negative ending in mind. His sister didn’t make it out alive either.

‘’Just trust me on this will you?’’ he whispered, barely audible, only for Luhan to hear who slightly widened his eyes as he looked at Kris who was back to fiddling with his laptop. He could’ve sworn he heard a shaky breath following afterwards, he was in fear as much as Luhan was.

He was scared of losing Jenny.

In some twisted way, Luhan knew Kris had realized his feelings for her. The only thing left was how he would handle it.

‘’Did you find the location!?’’ Kris turned to Lay who nodded with a grin, ‘’Near Incheon Airport, an empty gas station.’’                         ‘’Let split in to teams of two, one team follows me and the rest stays here monitoring, alright?’’ Kris announced and all of them nodded, ‘’We cant let her slip away so easily and neither can Xero’’ Suho shouted, ‘’It’s a race against time, we need to be as fast as possible.’’

Kris his team rushed  towards the parking lot while he muttered a few incoherent words.

‘’I’ll protect you’’ he mumbled ever so slowly.

‘’I wont let them take you,’’ Kris whispered while Jenny merely nodded, her eyes focused on anything but him, ‘’We all will protect you. I will protect you, so you don’t have to be afraid alright? I want the truth from now on’’

‘’Yo Kris, wrong car’’ Luhan called out and the latter paused as he scanned the area, mentally cursing himself for making such an obvious mistake as he walked over towards his car while Luhan furrowed his eyebrows again, ‘’I’m driving?’’ he asked and Kris let out a small groan as he rushed towards the driver seat, avoiding all the looks everyone around gave him.

‘’I cant seem to figure out who concerns you more, Hero or Jenny?’’

--

‘’Ah, I really liked our time working together, don’t you agree?’’ Byungjoo grinned as he harshly threw Jenny on the floor while the latter groaned, she was sure that fall left a few bruises somewhere but she would stay strong—something she promised herself long ago.

‘’Now that’s the look I love, a feisty glare’’ a laugh followed as he looked at her, ‘’and also a look I despise’’ he muttered before he harshly grabbed her long locks leaving her whimpering in pain, the iron grip he had didn’t help much either.

 ‘’Much better’’ Byungjoo grinned as he eyed the look of fear before pushing her away with so much force—she bumped her head on the cold hard ground ad a few more painful whimpers escaped her lips. She was close to tears but she wouldn’t cry, she would never give in that easily.

‘’You ing bast-…’’                             ‘’Well, thanks to working together, your memories safely returned as well right? Making this all so much easier’’ he laughed, abruptly interrupting her colourful words while she harshly looked away, ‘’Hero is dead’’ she muttered, wiping the trail of blood on her forehead while his laughing stopped and the smirk wiped off entirely.

‘’Sir, wouldn’t that mean that the report we got earlier in the US was true after all?’’

‘’You seriously believe this woman’s nonsense?’’ he eyed one of his men before turning back to Jenny.                                        ‘’It’s true! I’m not lying damn it!’’ she yelled while he continued eye-ing her before getting back on his knees, ‘’That filthy mouth of yours’’ he muttered, venom clearly dripping off his stern voice while she continued glaring at him before his hand harshly connected to her cheek,

‘’You are the damn bargaining chip, you hear me? He will come and I WILL overtake his throne.’’

--

‘’Everyone in position?’’  Luhan whispered and a few echoes of ‘’yes’’ were heard, ‘’Is our target located?’’ He muttered while the rest stayed silent. ‘’We’re looking but we haven’t found them yet, what about Tao and Baekhyun?’’ Sehun answered as he looked at Xiumin who shrugged.

‘’Nothing here, Luhan?’’

‘’Kris and I are slowly getting closer, so far nothing’’ Luhan muttered before Kris abruptly stopped in his tracks and Luhan curiously looked up, ‘’Hear that?’’ Kris asked while Luhan slightly nodded after a minute of silence.

‘’I think we located our target’’ Luhan announced, getting in position while Kris did the same. ‘’We focus on Jenny alright? Our main priority is her, we need to get her away from here safely, is that clear?’’ Kris stated firmly with the rest agreeing as they got a little closer.

‘’Tao and Baekhyun, if you walk a little bit to the right you’ll be at the back of the gas station. If they try to make an escape from the back, you know what to do.’’ Suho spoke this time as he monitored the six through their hidden base.

‘’Sehun and Xiumin, if you just walk straight ahead, you will be the opposite side of Kris and Luhan, stay put there just incase. Luhan and Kris, the target is near. Be careful alright’’ Suho mumbled and Luhan nodded, luckily Lay managed to hack into the camera systems earlier for a good view of the situation—at first it was almost impossible since the place was abandoned for quite a while but Lay somehow managed with his top notch skills.

‘’We distract, you attack. Should be fine right?’’ Sehun slightly grinned as he loaded up his gun while Kris chuckled, ‘’I’ve been wanting to bust his arse for quite a while now, should we?’’ He turned to look at Luhan who chuckled, ‘’Never change do you?’’                    ‘’Not a chance’’ He grinned before turning in to position, ‘’Ready?’’ Luhan asked and the latter nodded, ‘’On the count of three’’

‘’One…’’

‘’Two…’’

‘’Thre--..’’             

Suddenly a loud bang echoed throughout the place followed by several gunshots and their eyes widened, completely taken off-guard by the group entering.

‘’It can’t… be….’’ Luhan whispered while Kris just stared ahead, not expecting the uninvited guests.

‘’Drop the guns, we all have you surrounded’’ Sehun called out, his gun aimed at the group along with Xiumin while the other two stopped in their tracks. What the hell was going on?

‘’That’s… Hero’s …. Syndicate.’’ Kris whispered, his eyes still wide at the sight. ‘’Kris… what are you going to do?’’ Luhan muttered while Kris shrugged, ‘’I-…’’ he paused as he eyed the sight, Xero’s men firing their guns while dragging Jenny to the exit while Hero’s men did the same.

But If his men were here…. Wouldn’t that mean Hero was here too?

His thoughts were suddenly interrupted when he heard a familiar voice echo throughout and his heart leaped in his chest.

She was crying.

She was calling out his name.

He was here.

He could finally catch him.

Her hopeful eyes stared at him while he wrecked his brain, trying to make a decision while Luhan patted him on his back, ‘’We’ll get Jenny safely, you go on ahead. You and I both know he’s here, this is our chance’’ Luhan mumbled as he got in position, ready to head on in the battlefield while Kris eyed Jenny, who continued calling out his name.

But when she thought he finally got through him, his gaze slipped and his back was turned.

He went for Hero.

And at that moment, her heart shattered in to a million pieces.

 

 

 

 

Been a while. Sorry I'll try and update on a daily schedule again xo