20.

Kill This Love

----------------------------20----------------------------

A soothing silence filled the air, only faint breathings we’re heard along with the noise from the television. Jenny was still carefully cradled in Kris his arms, as if ever he let go she would disappear. Jenny didn’t mind, at first it was nerve wracking since they we’re so close but somehow it felt right, she felt safe and secure in his arms.

But it was strange, one moment he was ignoring her whole existence—shutting her out with hurtful remarks yet here he was, acknowledging her at last. It wasn’t like they never shared moments, in fact they did share some intimate moments—just when she thinks they meant nothing, here he is getting her hopes somehow high.

Was she actually… in love with him?

She wasn’t so sure and she wasn’t sure about how he suddenly spilled the beans to his story. By now she was pretty convinced he was drunk, maybe slightly sober but she had a strong feeling that when they woke up the next day, he would probably forget about all this, her heart clenched at the thought.

Kris however was having mind battles of his own. He wasn’t sure what he was doing, why he was doing it—everything didn’t make sense however when he mustered up enough courage to cradle her between his arms, it felt so right to him. His heart raced, he felt a spark going through his body the moment he touched her. That familiar spark he used to have… when he was in love.

It wasn’t right, maybe it was his drunk mind that left him this delusional.

Jenny moved her head from his chest and took in his whole presence. She started to notice the little things more like how he hadn’t shaved for a couple of days and how his light brown orbs sparkled with the dim light. Her eyes shifted when she noticed his eyes were on her too, little did she know that he was doing the exact same.

‘’What… happened?’’ she whispered but regretted it when his familiar warmth suddenly went away. His arms weren’t around her anymore and she felt utter disappointment, she wanted to stay right there—right between his arms.

‘’I… i…’’ he stuttered, his voice barely a whisper as he sunk his head between his arms. She could see his back raising up and down slowly until a small sob escaped his lips and she widened her eyes. Was he actually crying in front of her? Her mind went blank as she eyed him, never in her life did she expect this out of all the possible things.

She was torn between hugging him and patting his back and even though she wanted to hug him so bad she decided with the latter. He looked so vulnerable—his usual cocky attitude filled with confidence was nowhere near to be seen, it was like she was introduced to a whole new person.

After a few more tears that managed to slip the corner of his eyes, he finally calmed down his head still straddled between his palms. Mustering up all his energy he finally decided to break the icy silence.

‘’It’s her deathanniversary today’’ he mumbled and Jenny let out a small gasp. Could it be… that’s where everyone went? Towards her grave?

‘’Every year I always… skip it’’ he whispered, his hoarse voice slightly cracking, ‘’I never… I never had enough courage… she just slipped between my hands… I-…I’’ panic filled his eyes as he looked around, abruptly looking for something. His body shook completely, the pain he showcased right at that moment left her speechless. That tough guy Jenny met weeks ago was nowhere to be seen, instead she saw a vulnerable guy sitting right in front of her so all that came in mind to Jenny was to hug him.

And right at that moment she didn’t care, she carefully moved his hands away before wrapping her arms around him securely, whispering sweet nothings in his ear.

--

‘’Feilin? Feilin are you here?’’ His raspy voice echoed through out the dark alleyway, his breathing slightly hitching in his throat. He had ran miles but nothing mattered, as long as he found her—the only thing that mattered. His eyes scanned around the area, it was dark and the place was filthy; he was pretty sure it was an abandoned mansion for god knows how long.

The moment he had barged in the building after getting a simple text—he knew it was a stretch to get out of here safely with the one he was looking for. The place was huge with over thirty grand rooms spread across the floors but he didn’t care, he was determined to find her even if it would cost his life.

Sweat dripped down slowly from his forehead with half dried blood. The blows he received earlier as a welcoming gift did quite the damage and he was starting to doubt if he’d ever see the light outside again—not when his stab wound was finally getting to him. He hurriedly shook of the pain in his side, he needed to be strong—he needed it for her.

‘’My my, this brat is still alive?’’ A hoarse voice echoed through out the room and Kris his ears perked up, staring at the darkness ahead. With the help of the dim light coming from the windows he finally spotted his enemy—behind his idiotic followers.

‘’What the do you want!?’’ Kris roared as he spat some blood on the side while the male laughed, ‘’Me!? What the do you want? You have nothing here, just scram off will you?’’ The male let out a bitter laugh and Kris scoffed, ‘’I want Feilin, right now’’

‘’Oh you mean that girl we managed to slip away from you? I can see why you’re so head over heels in love with her, she’s superb in bed isn’t she?’’ A cocky laugh escaped his lips while the latter stared furiously ahead, his hands buckled up in tight fists.

‘’What the did you say?’’ Kris his voice was low, almost making the male flinch but he brushed it off, ‘’Her moans were music to my ears, she’s a keeper in bed’’ he grinned with a dirty look while Kris stomped over, ready to beat the out of him till he was held back by strong forces.

‘’What the hell are you doing messing with a kid like that?’’ The male standing behind the few others spoke and Kris his ears perked up—that voice was so familiar.

‘’Hurry up and kill the girl will you? You are wasting time, the punishment needs to be served’’ the male roared while his follower hurriedly nodded with a bow, ‘’Yes sir Hero’’ he mumbled while looking at the others, motioning them towards the door to the right. Kris furrowed his eyebrows but when the door opened and two males dragged out a familiar figure, he could’ve sworn all air was punched out of his system—when his eyes landed on those familiar pair of brown orbs.

‘’Let her go! Please I beg you!’’ Kris his voice echoed throughout the building. The moment he laid his eyes on her—he lost it completely. She was bruised up, her clothes were slightly ripped, she looked like a mess… all because… of him. That twinkle he always loved in her eyes was completely gone instead he stared at the lifeless dull pair of brown eyes.

‘’don’t do it!’’ he yelled again when he saw Hero’s minion move towards Feilin. Panic filled his system as he struggled to set himself free, why did she have to suffer for his mistakes?

‘’Yi Fan… I’m sorry…’’

Her hoarse whisper rang through his ears and his heart clenched. The adrenaline rushed inside his system and he managed to shrug off the minions that were holding him back and with all might he sped up the stairs, not caring one bit about how much he was at a loss against the huge following of Hero.

‘’don’t ing do it!!!’’ He yelled again, this time louder—running up the stairs while his gaze never wandered off of Feilin while she let out a soft sob, tears streaking down her face. moved slightly before she looked at him intently—.

You pushed me off into despair, when I don’t even have wings.

 and suddenly a smile broke down on her face and he could’ve sworn her lips moved again —and at that moment everything went by too fast.

Too fast for Kris to even realize, the shutter had gone off

And only a bang echoed through out the mansion.

 

I love you only, Wu Yifan.

--

You pushed me off into despair, when I don’t even have wings.

Jenny furrowed her eyebrows at the words, wasn’t it cruel to put the blame on him in the end? She couldn’t understand that girl one bit, why would she say that at her last few moments? It didn’t make sense.

‘’I pushed her away from me, even though we loved each other so much…’’ His voice was barely a whisper now, she knew he was slowly dozing off. He was still in her arms, neither of them bothered to move away, the strange tingling sensation in both of their hearts was un-miss able, in fact it started to get pretty clear for the both yet they had to acknowledge it.

‘’It’s not your fault’’ Jenny whispered while he looked up, his crystal clear brown orbs staring her down. She couldn’t move her eyes away from his, she found them incredibly beautiful. There were no barriers, all the walls Kris had built were completely gone and that’s where she realized that this was the real Kris, this was Wu Yifan, the one Feilin probably knew.

‘’How can you be so sure?’’ he whispered and a small gentle smile took over her lips. ‘’You tried to save her didn’t you?’’ she gently tugged at his hand, intertwining their fingers together. ‘’She knows you tried and maybe that’s why she told you she loves you only. You came back for her, you tried to save her. You didn’t let her suffer alone Wu Yifan, you stuck with her till the end.’’

‘’Feilin died knowing that she left loved ones behind that loved her dearly.’’ She took a sharp breath before she continued,

‘’She died knowing that you still loved her.’’

--

Jenny yawned as she slightly stirred awake. She felt heavy weight on her side but she brushed it off as she stretched her legs. Her eyes slowly fluttered open and she was hit with the rays of sunshine shining through the window across her and she groaned.

‘’Right… what time is it’’ she mumbled, remembering the events from last night as she tried to get up but failed when she  felt a tug at her stomach. She froze for a split second as her eyes landed on the sleeping figure and slowly a slight smile tugged at the corner of her lips as she continued eye-ing him. He actually stayed.

Her smile grew wider as she thought about last night. They finally had a proper heart to heart and  she actually thought he would leave her behind on the sofa but he actually stayed right next to her, holding her tightly, as if he ever let go she would disappear.

Slowly she moved his arm away from her before quietly getting up, placing the blanket that had slightly fallen of right back on him. She eyed him again and it was then that she realized that they didn’t have a blanket with them last night—which meant that the rest came home and actually put it on them.

A slight blush crept on her cheeks as she hurriedly scurried off to her room, completely embarrassed. They actually saw them, both of them cuddled up towards each other—Jenny hurriedly smacked her cheeks, she could not think about that right now.

But then she remembered last night, his crystal clear eyes. His story. The sincerity. The hug. Their intertwined hands

And it was then that her heart skipped several beats—her  face completely red.

--

‘’You look quite happy, did your boyfriend propose?’’ The manager grinned as Jenny’s cheeks darkened a deep red at his comment and hurriedly shook her head, ‘’Mr. Kim!’’ she let out a whine and the older male laughed, ‘’You’re in such a good mood, I thought I should at least tease you about it’’ he grinned while she pouted, ‘’Is it a crime to be in a good mood?’’ She groaned and he let out another laugh.

‘’Oh come on, isn’t it great that she looks happy?’’ Byungjoo mused while she continued staring at the pictures, ‘’What are you doing?’’ he asked as he put the plates way while she let out a small sigh of relief at the sudden topic switch.

‘’I was thinking of remembering something’’ she mumbled and the latter nodded, looking curiously at her. ‘’Why all of a sudden though?’’             ‘’It’s not all of a sudden, I’ve always been doing it. Sort of a strategy to get my memories back you know?’’                  ‘’Right’’ Byungjoo nodded at her before the owner called over Jenny. 

‘’Can you please take the order at table five?’’ He pointed towards the table and she nodded happily, hurriedly ushering towards the table to take the newly seated their order while Byungjoo kept eye-ing her intently.

‘’Such a blessing to have Jenny work here, she’s suited for this job’’ the manager grinned as he looked her on while another worker nodded sheepishly.

‘’I’ll be right back with your order sir’’ Jenny gave a polite smile before ushering towards the back, not before her eyes landed on a couple not far from her. They were smiling foolishly at each other, wine glasses clutched between their palms before they clicked their glasses together, a slight cheer following and Jenny froze.

Her head spun around several times and she had to support herself as her legs gave out. She breathed heavily as her free hand went up towards her temples, rubbing them furiously.

A red box was placed on the table and she saw herself smiling brightly as she picked it up, facing the male sitting across her.

She hugged him tightly, her head leaning on his shoulder while he held her tightly between his arms as they swayed to the music played in the background.

‘’Hero’’… she whispered, her head spinning in circles and it was then that her legs gave out completely and her name was called out several times but it sounded so distant to her, she couldn’t make out the noise in the background but only one thing was clear to her before world stopped spinning,

‘’Kim Jaejoong,’’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hooray, I managed to update today! So I might have a schedule of updating every sunday? Fingers crossed I get enough time for an update next sunday.

Uh oh, Jenny remembered Hero aka Kim Jaejoong. So with this I hope some questions get answered. Hero/Kim Jaejoong are a complete different person! I remember seeing a question about Byungjoo being Hero but nope, they're two different people... However who XERO is... will be a mystery you guys will soon find out! 

Kris his story is also out... but it will be explained more later on, theres a couple of chapters left? Maybe haha. Please enjoy, Subscribe, Comment and upvote <3