11

Kill This Love

----------------------------11----------------------------

‘’Found anything about that Kim?’’ Kris peeked over at Lay who was completely focused on the screen in front and Kris sighed as he walked over, tapping his shoulder lightly. ‘’What?’’ Lay turned to look at the latter who mentally cursed for no reason. ‘’I asked if you found something on that Byungjoo?’’

‘’Ye- well no’’ Lay muttered and Kris furrowed his eyebrows, ‘’Is that a yes or no?’’      ‘’No’’ Lay firmly stated as he pressed his lips on a thin line, ‘’I did a background check on that kid and I found nothing suspicious, just a regular guy working hard and earning money’’ Lay slightly glared at him while Kris slightly paused, rubbing the back of his head gently,

‘’Well I want you to keep looking’’ he mumbled with Lay sighing again, completely frustrated.

‘’Two days, two ing days you made me stay here and look up his entire history’’ Lay barked at Kris, completely annoyed by the task given. ‘’Why cant you accept the fact, that guy is clear like pretty clear?’’

‘’What’s going on?’’ Suho entered Lay’s room in the hideout looking at the two sternly. ‘’Nothing, nothing at all’’ Lay muttered, storming out of the room while Kris scratched the back of his head tiredly. ‘’You’ve been here with him for two days now, why don’t you take a rest and go home?’’ Suho tapped his shoulder, urging him to go home while Kris slowly nodded.

He had no idea what had gotten into him, the day he met the guy he felt strange, his guts told him there was more then just a ‘’Kim Byungjoo’’, he was sure of it. Two days he stayed over with Lay and made him do his work, he felt bad for making Lay stay over too but he couldn’t let his guard down, not when he was this close to Hero.

Another sigh escaped his lips as he slightly rubbed his temples, these two days we’re definitely rough and tiring.

==

‘’How’s Jenny doing?’’ Ji Eun slightly panted, hurriedly putting the groceries on the floor while Tao and Xiumin stared at her, a glint of annoyed-ness spotted, ‘’You visit us after a while and that’s all you have to say!?’’ Tao glared at the female who smiled meekly, ‘’Hey, you’re alive and in front of me, that’s all I need’’ she teased and Tao gasped staring at her intently before turning back to the huge tv-screen along with Xiumin.

‘’Ya! You’re supposed to help me out!?’’ she barked at the two who ignored her completely and she groaned, ‘’How rude’’ Ji Eun muttered as she rushed over towards where the two males we’re seated. ‘’Ya!’’ Tao whined as he looked at the black screen in front with Xiumin doing the same, ‘’How rude of you to completely ignore me’’ Ji Eun barked, the tv cable in her hand and the two males both frowned.

‘’I was winning you know’’ Tao frowned again and Ji Eun grinned, ‘’Well too bad’’ she threw the cable to the side before going back to the kitchen. ‘’Update me on her while I fill the fridge, will you?’’ she mumbled and the latter groaned as they followed her in the kitchen.

‘’What!? Her sister came?’’ Ji Eun widened her eyes after Xiumin explained everything, ‘’Yeah, she brought childhood pictures with her’’              ‘’But she could’ve brought any child’s c-….’’            ‘’No, she told us Jenny her Korean birth name. Lay used it and did his thing and that’s where we basically found out everything about her we couldn’t before’’ Tao muttered and Ji Eun nodded.

‘’Well that’s a good thing right?’’ She eyed them both while the two stayed silent, ‘’Well…’’ a silence was soon followed and Ji Eun looked at them sternly, ‘’Well what?’’                  ‘’Well… amidst everything, she still doesn’t remember a thing..’’ Xiumin finished off and Ji Eun slightly nodded, this wasn’t a good thing.

‘’Where is she now?’’            ‘’She went to visit her parents grave with Go Eun and Luhan, strangely she came up with it herself’’ Xiumin tapped his chin lightly, going through everything slowly. Out of all the things she wanted to do with her sister was to visit her parents their grave she didn’t even remember at least for now.

--

Jenny mentally sighed as she stared at her parents their graves. So many questions ran through her head but the answers were nowhere to be found and she felt frustrated. Whenever her sister told her stories all she could do was nod without the slightest bit of knowing how it really was. It felt like she was reading a book, blank with words, no meaning behind it, nothing at all.

‘’Hey..’’ she muttered getting Go Eun’s attention who eyed her intently with Luhan doing the same. ‘’Did I cry… when they passed away?’’ she muttered while Go Eun slightly paused as she thought about it carefully. ‘’You did’’ she put her lips on a firm line and the latter slightly nodded, turning her attention back to the gravestones.

Go Eun eyed her younger sister, in some way she felt incredibly bad, what if she actually just stuck to her sister? Would she have been in the same situation like today if she stuck close with her back then?

‘’Bommie ah…’’ Go Eun patted her shoulder and Jenny eyed her curiously, waiting for her to continue and when she did she widened her eyes. ‘’I’m really sorry…’’ she whispered, ‘’If I was there for you, if I just lived with you I could’ve helped you with some clues to get your memory back…’’ she clutched her purse tightly and Jenny quickly shook her head, ‘’Don’t say that, really don’t worry about it’’ Jenny patted Go Eun’s hand slightly with a soft smile plastered on her face.

‘’Hey, I can still live with the forgotten bad memories’’ she grinned and soon Go Eun joined, ‘’Somehow your way of teasing me is still the same’’ she chuckled and Jenny grinned. A slight pause occurred with the two staring ahead,

‘’You know… I’m not surprised you actually forgot me’’ Go Eun turned to look at Jenny who  slightly nodded, It was her sister, that was for sure. They shared the same blood, but why did it feel so different? With one having freshly craved memories while the other had none at all, was there really a chance of getting her memories back?

Luhan noticed the air slightly filled with a tense atmosphere as he looked at the both, this wasn’t good not when they we’re bonding again. ‘’You both are probably tired, should we head back soon?’’ he turned to look at the both, nudging Jenny slightly and she nodded snapping back into reality.

‘’Oh god yes!’’ she hurriedly grabbed Go Eun by her arm and dragged her to the nearest bench and Go Eun let out a laugh. ‘’Don’t worry I’m fine’’ she smiled and Jenny nodded, satisfied.

‘’We should probably head back, my shift is starting soon’’ Jenny tapped her watch and Luhan nodded, ‘’I’ll call up Kris and see where he is’’ Luhan got out his phone excusing himself before making the call while the two quietly sat next to each other.

Another silence was followed with the two staring ahead. A slight breeze of wind passed by them and Jenny slightly shivered, ‘’Did the temperature drop?’’ she muttered and a slight chuckle escaped Go Eun’s lips.

‘’Are you feeling c-…’’ Jenny stopped mid-sentence as she felt slight weight on top of her and she frowned, ‘’Ya Luha-…’’ she turned around, ready to scold the poor boy but stopped as she was greeted by a taller male and she slightly widened her eyes.                 ‘’Close your mouth, flies might fly in’’ a husky voice rang through Jenny’s ear and she could’ve sworn she heard the other two giggle and her cheeks slightly flushed red, ‘’W-wha?’’ she muttered, flabbergasted at the situation.

She hadn’t seen him for two days and wondered what was going on, a slight worry since negative thoughts ran through her head but seeing him now alive and well she felt somehow… relieved?

‘’Luckily he was two blocks away else we would’ve waited longer’’ Luhan grinned, looking at Jenny who glared in return as she got off the jacket from her back. ‘’Be grateful you got my jacket’’ Kris barked at her the latter widened her eyes, ‘’What kind of a  tone is that!?’’ she spat back and he slightly shook his head, ‘’Just get in the car already’’ he impatiently muttered and Jenny eyed him, completely annoyed while the other two grinned.

‘’Disrespectful bastard’’ was the last thing they heard before Kris sped off.

--

‘’Another dead lead’’ Tao groaned looking at Chanyeol and Kai who frowned, ‘’He knows we’re after him, obviously he’d send us numerous dead leads’’ Lay scratched the back of his head while Tao kicked the soulless body on the floor, completely frustrated. They had gotten a new tip about the whereabouts of Hero, of course that wasn’t an easy task. They had to beat several local gangs to get where they are now, not fun since some of them we’re really stubborn.

‘’It’s weird though, these tasks we’re too easy’’ Chanyeol scanned the place, a typical abandoned warehouse they turned into their secret hideout. ‘’What’s wrong?’’ he turned to Lay who grinned, seeing something shimmering in the dark corner, ‘’Nothing except that we might have new leads’’ he cracked his knuckles walking over to the corner. Gently he picked the device up, brushing some dirt away before he turned it on.

‘’And it works’’ he grinned, eye-ing the laptop intently as it lightened up with the other three watching. ‘’Though the battery is low’’ he mumbled but nonetheless that smirk was still evident on his face, mainly because Lay was a genius with computers and he knew exactly where he had to be even if the battery almost died.

‘’Don’t be so cocky and hurry up’’ Kai grinned as he pat Lay’s back while he brushed it off, ‘’Shusht, can’t you see I’m busy?’’   ‘’Wow calm down now’’ Kai hurriedly went back to the others while Lay did his thing, the other three however looked around for any clues or hints.

‘’I think I got it’’ Lay muttered grabbing all the attention as he looked at the screen, ‘’A deal is happening tonight’’

‘’Well then what are we waiting for?’’

--

Jenny let out a small sigh as she looked at the tables in front of her. It was near closing time and she managed to complete her cleaning task, something she was completely satisfied about. She let out another small sigh as she stared ahead. Somehow the events from earlier didn’t leave her mind, the question continued ringing through her head, will she actually regain the lost memories?

‘’What happened? You don’t look so well?’’ Byungjoo nudged Jenny a tad bit and she flinched, dropping the glass she was holding and Byungjoo gasped.

‘’I am so sorry, are you alright?’’ he hurriedly checked around her and she nodded, surprised with the sudden situation. ‘’Oh god no’’ she muttered and out of instinct she hurriedly got down on her knees ready to clean up the mess. A gasp escaped her lips and Byungjoo widened his eyes, ‘’Ya, are you out of your mind!?’’ He quickly grabbed Jenny from her shoulders, placing her on the nearest chair while she stared at her finger, she knew it was deep yet she barely felt anything.

‘’Sit quietly here  let me get the first aid kit’’ he mumbled and she nodded. Not a minute passed by and he was already at her side, cleaning the small yet deep cut. ‘’What happened? You spaced out a lot today..’’ he looked at her and she slightly paused, pressing her lips on a thin line.

‘’My… sister dropped by today’’ she flinched as he tried to get the piece of glass out, ‘’Is that… a bad thing?’’                ‘’No… well… I forgot her…’’  A short silence followed and he eyed her, ‘’When you forgot your memory, did you forget your family too?’’

Byungjoo focused on the cut as he put the piece of glass away when his question wasn’t answered. Several thoughts ran through his head but he decided to stay quiet, not now when he needed to gain her trust the most.

‘’Say… do you have siblings?’’

‘’I do..’’ he smiled at her, ‘’I sometimes wish I could forget too’’ he grinned and Jenny’s lips slightly curled upwards till her manager barged in surprising the two completely.

‘’Jenny, your guardian is here to pick you up- My my what happened here?’’ he gasped and the two looked at the manager sheepishly, ‘’I accidenta-…’’               ‘’The glass slipped out of my hands and Jenny tried to clean it up but instead… Sorry manager’’ Byungjoo bowed and Jenny stared at him, surprised he took the blame.

‘’Ah, that’s alright then, make sure to clean up. Are you alright Jenny?’’ He looked at her worriedly and she reassured him with a smile, ‘’I’m fine thank you’’ she slightly bowed and he nodded, ‘’That’s good then’’ he mumbled, ‘’You should hurry up, he’s quite moody out there’’ the manager pointed and she groaned.

‘’I’m so sorry but can you clean it up?’’ she turned to Byungjoo who blinked, ‘’Ah.. yeah sure’’              ‘’Thank you so much’’ she hurriedly rushed out with a couple of bows, not giving him a chance to hold her back and he mentally cursed. ‘’… aish…’’ he ruffled up his hair knowing very well which guardian came to pick her up.

It’s not over that easily.