28.

Kill This Love

----------------------------28----------------------------

‘’You should’ve told the rest damn it’’ Lay barked, clutching the side of the door tightly while Kris ignored, increasing the speed. His thoughts were a mess, the moment he received that phone call he completely lost it.

‘’K…kris?’’

Her soft whisper echoed through his head, this was that very voice he longed to hear for the past few hours. She was alive and well yet he had a bad feeling. Why would she call?

‘’Bom!? Where the are you Bom?’’ His breathing increased as he clutched the phone while a chuckle was heard on the other side, ‘’You finally used my real name.’’

A soft laugh was followed till he heard her take in a deep breath, she said she was going to risk it all but what exactly was she going to do?

‘’Jenny? Jenny can you hear me!?’’ Lay yelled, moving closer to the phone in hopes of hearing her and when he did, he felt relief flash all over him.             ‘’Lay?’’ She called out before she smiled, ‘’Lay… are you okay?’’                       ‘’Of course I am, tell us where are you? Are you alright?’’                    

‘’Mhmm, is Tao near you?’’                    ‘’No wh-…’’               ‘’Tell him I said thank you. Thank you Tao and Kris for saving me.’’   

‘’What do you-…’’                 ‘’So, I guess this is over isn’t it?’’ Xero let out a bark of laughter as he positioned the phone to his other side, ‘’She’s leading us to Hero and as a final good bye she wanted to talk to you, I guess from today on you all should erase her from your memories.’’                ‘’You -…’’                      ‘’No swearing little child.’’ Another round of laughter was heard before the line cut off and Kris let out an annoyed huff as he threw his phone harshly on the table.

‘’Saving her? Why did she thank you now?’’ Lay eyed him while the latter ruffled up his hair, his brain running out all possibilities—after all he knew this wasn’t just some thank you, there was something behind it. If only she had been more clear, they would’ve gotten it by now.

‘’After all this time… do you think it’s a secret message?’’

‘’I don’t ing know man, I just don’t-…’’ A pause was followed while Lay eyed Kris intently, waiting for him to finish but it never came. Instead Kris was staring blankly ahead—he was re-running the conversation in his head. She thanked Tao and him for saving her… but from what?

Is it related to the Jun case? Or the time he instructed her to hide… Could she possibly lead Xero and his group to one of the hidden warehouses?

What if…

‘’Lay get all the weapons, we’re going all in without a plan.’’

‘’But-…’’                  ‘’No ing butts alright? We have no time for thinking about it carefully. If we want to save her, we do it now.’’

‘’So how do we now we’re going on the right track?’’ Lay eyed him while he slightly shrugged, not taking his eyes off the road, ‘’We don’t.’’                           ‘’What?’’ Lay slightly widened his eyes while Kris let out a small defeated sigh, ‘’It’s a gamble. We don’t know if she’ll be there or not, just like her we have to risk it all.’’

--

She felt her pulse increase as she stepped slowly out of the car. Xero and his one man tagged along while two others stood a bit far from them, monitoring the place around. The gun was clutched tightly in their hands—she knew they we’re prepared to shoot—probably not bluffing anymore and she hoped deep down her signal went through Kris. This was the last chance they ever had of her being saved, the last chance of her seeing them, seeing Kris. She finally wanted to rest, take a good nap knowing she was safe and free.

The past couple of days drained her completely. The lack of sleep and meals she had was one of the reasons that drained her completely—but the biggest was probably all these gangs messing around wanting Hero. Was he really still alive?

Her mind wandered off as she neared the place, her footsteps making a slight thud on the ground followed by the rest.

She was almost there and her heart skipped several beats. This was that place, the one that had sealed her fate.

‘’Would Hero really be in a place like this?’’ Xero looked around, disgust centering his face. The place was deserted, a burned down warehouse was situated on the right while Jenny halted her tracks at the empty parking lot.

She scanned the place around, it still looked like the last time she had been here. The car she was in was still parked at the very same spot, and the spots where two cars burned down on that same day left an ugly mark at the solid grey ground.

‘’Are you ing messing with us!? Tell us where the he is!’’ Xero barked and she slightly flinched but shrugged, ‘’I’m not’’ she mumbled and he let out a frustrated groan, ‘’All right then, where is Hero ?’’ He tapped his foot impatiently on the ground as he waited for an answer while his men did the same.

‘’In heaven.’’

‘’You really want to die?’’ Xero aimed the gun right at her temple and she saw her life flash in front of her eyes. The risk she took, she knew very well how the outcome would possibly be. She hurriedly shut her eyes while Xero clicked the gun, he wasn’t messing around.

‘’Why don’t you join him in hell instead?’’ A chuckle escaped his lips,

Until a gunshot was heard, echoing throughout the place.

--

‘’What? They went alone?’’ Suho was fuming. He was so pissed, how could Kris be so reckless? Did he really want to die? He kicked the chair near him frustratedly while Jieun eyed him, completely irritated at Suho.

‘’Can you stop being so dramatic? Are they little kids? Isn’t Kris the leader of EXO alongside you, one of the most ruthless gang of Korea? The one that’s feared a lot? Would he really be that easy to kill? Did you forget Lay is there, with him too?’’

‘’Did you forget about Tao? Chanyeol? Kai? Tao has healed but the two others are still down, that’s how bad it got-…’’                                    ‘’Everyone slips once in a while, besides their duty was to fully protect Jenny, they had her by her side so they had to be extra careful.’’                     ‘’Kris could go through the same Jieun, for all we know Xero might be there with 5 or more men. Then what?’’ Suho rubbed his temple slightly while Jieun let out a sigh,

‘’Then nothing. We need to learn and trust each one of them. We need to count on the leader and trust him, that’s how it always goes.’’

‘’And besides, this is EXO we’re talking about. That same leader that took out many organisations by himself.’’

‘’You’re right… but what do we do in the meantime?’’ He eyed her and she shrugged, ‘’Well I’ve got a few tricks up my sleeve too, we’re going to find out where they are.’’                        ‘’What? Kris doesn’t carry a tracker neither does he have it on his phon-…’’                       ‘’But the car does, wasn’t it my suggestion  to fix it incase of emergencies? Well don’t you think I’m a genius?’’ She grinned and Suho let out a small chuckle, ‘’You never change do you?’’

‘’Shut up, now help me out will you lazy arse.’’

--

‘’’’ Xero cursed as he clutched his hand tightly, completely pissed at the shooter.

‘’What the ’’ he eyed the place and his eyes widened when he saw two familiar faces, the ones he never expected and in that moment he realized what had happened. The girl had tricked him, she had fooled him so easily. He underestimated her, just like that.

‘’Kris… Lay’’ Jenny whispered, her eyes sparkling at the sight. They figured it out, they came for her… He remembered.

The place where Kris and Jenny met for the very first time, that same faithful day where they tried to invade an exchange but got found out instead. That same day he called out to her, to come out from her hiding spot, that same day she lost all her memories. The same day their fates were sealed.

‘’I’ve been wanting to rearrange your face for a couple of days now, looks like it’s my lucky day’’ Kris slightly smirked, tilting his neck from left to right—something he always did when he was ready to fight. He would do it the old way, he would make his enemy suffer.

‘’Now don’t get too cocky, one wrong step might kill the girl.’’ Xero spat out in disgust as he eyed Kris who chuckled instead, ‘’Didn’t I just shoot the gun out of your hand? Unless you get it I don’t think you have any chance of killing the girl, the man you had on your side is already down.’’

‘’What!?’’ Xero widened his eyes as he looked to the left, and indeed the male laid there lifelessly—‘’How the did you do th-…’’             ‘’A simple sneak attack, you really think we would let you mess around with us for that long?’’

‘’You bastards’’ Xero cursed as he ducked down to grab his gun but was too late—a stinging pain was felt in his leg and he let out a painful groan as he landed on the floor, clutching his leg slightly. Another gunshot was fired and he let out a yelp as he held his arm, he was definitely down for a while.

A whimper was heard and both their eyes focused on Jenny who was clearly shaking. She looked so pale, fragile, like in any moment she would collapse and Kris widened his eyes as he rushed over her side, he would finally be able to hold her.

He would finally be able to keep her safe.

‘’Bom? Are you alright? Are you hurt anywhere?’’ Kris hurriedly rushed over her side and grabbed a hold of her gently as he examined her for any injuries—if he did find something he would completely loose it.

‘’I-im fine’’ she whispered and his heart tightened, she was so fragile, so scared. If he held her any tighter he was afraid she would break, she looked so weak.

‘’I’m just going to update the guys’’ Lay gave a small smile towards Jenny who nodded slightly. Of course Lay knew what was going on, he wasn’t stupid nor blind. He knew from the start there was something between them and he knew they needed some space, some time for each other.

‘’I’m so sorry’’ he mumbled, his voice cracking slightly. The moment all obstacles we’re gone and Jenny was the only one in sight, he lost it. He felt so guilty for letting her suffer like this when all he did was made promises of protecting her. He let her slip out of his hands so many times and the most important thing was just a couple of hours ago—when he hesitated and went for Hero instead.

‘’It’s really alright.’’ She gave him a small smile, her pale cheeks slightly tinted pink and he couldn’t help but smile slightly. Even after all of this, she was beautiful in his eyes. She was a gem, one he wanted to keep in his treasure box so badly. One he wanted to cherish. In all the time Jenny was gone out of his sight, he had figured it out.

Along the way, he had fallen deeply for her and Feilin was just one of the precious memories he stored away safely. He was over her and he was completely in love with Jenny. He finally admitted it to himself, she was one he wanted to keep, to protect, to never let go and to give all his love and life to.

He wanted to make her his.

And when he moved closer to finally hold her tightly in his arms,

 

 

 a gunshot was fired.