Maybe

Say, do you wanna sail on the Namsong river?

                                   

 

The party went on late in the night until almost everyone passed out in the tiny hostel room. The next morning Mino found Taehyun already awake and preparing to leave.

"Hey, what are you doing?" he asked from the bed as Taehyun was putting on his shirt.

"I completely forgot, I have to go to Incheon today," Taehyun turned around to face him.

"Where? Home?"

"Yeah."

 Mino could not hide the frown in his face. "And you're planning on going alone?"

Taehyun was busy fixing his hair in the mirror. "Yeah." 

"You don't want me to come with you?" he wanted his boyfriend to ask him to go along.

"You don't have to," Taehyun replied, turning his attention back to Mino.

"But I want to." Mino wondered if Taehyun didn't want him to meet his mother. "If you don't want to tell your family about us, that's okay. But you've seen my room, you've experienced my home with me, can't I do the same?"

Taehyun seemed to be contemplating in his head as he looked at his boyfriend. "I don't know," he murmured.

"Is there something you don't want me to know?" Mino asked curiously.

"Not really. It's just...your family is perfect, you know. I don't really have a good relationship with my mother," Taehyun confessed. He looked embarrassed and Mino wanted to hug him. He got up groggily from the bed, his head hurting a little from his hangover but managed to stand upright in front of his boyfriend.

"I understand that already, but she's still your mother and I'd like to meet her. You can introduce me as a friend if you like," he placed a comforting hand on Taehyun's shoulder.

He could see the gears turning in his boyfriend's head. "My family is far from perfect by the way, no family is. Let me just, I don't know, experience that part of you?" he insisted. He could feel Taehyun slowly caving in.

"Okay," the boy said finally.

"Okay," he smiled and proceeded to get ready sluggishly. He wondered how Taehyun always seemed so fresh every morning. His own face was bloated and he had bags under his eyes. He was happy Taehyun still stayed with him after having seen his puffy morning face so many times.

He quickly put on his shorts and sweatshirt, emulating his boyfriend who had on a simple white tee and shorts. It was not yet winter and the days are still sunny. His head was still throbbing and as he put on his black hangover.  He concluded that today was probably not a good day to meet a boyfriend’s mother.

 

 

 

"Why the sudden need to visit home anyway?" Mino asked as they boarded the subway. It usually takes an hour to get from Seoul to Incheon, much too long to be riding a bike so they decided to take public transport instead. Luckily the train was not so crowded and they were able to get seated comfortably.

"I need to get something for Baekhyun," Taehyun replied simply.

"You guys are being so secretive, I am dying of curiosity here," Mino complained. Taehyun offered no explanation and simply smiled.

"We wouldn't be in this situation if you didn't have so many curious friends," he retorted.

"By the way, you don't keep in touch with your High School friends?" Mino was suddenly curious at the mention of friends. He had seen pictures of Taehyun surrounded by groups of people everywhere in his albums and yearbook photos too.

"Most of them aren't really worth keeping in touch with," Taehyun commented dryly.

"Did something happen?" he prodded.

"Not really," Taehyun mumbled, fiddling with his fingers on his lap. "It's just, I'm not really good at making friends, or being in a group. It's like I can deal with only one friend at a time, and I somehow always end up dating whoever I get close to," he paused. Mino did not want to interrupt and listened, begging him mentally to continue as he held Taehyun's fidgeting hands.

"And once I end up dating someone I get initiated into my partner's group of friends, that's the extent of my socialization I guess," he squirmed a little, Mino thought he looked quite uncomfortable talking.

"Like how it is with me and my friends?" Mino asked.

"Kind of."

"So once you break up you just casually leave the group?"

"Obviously they will take their friend's side since they weren't really my friends to begin with."

"I can give you Baekhyun if you want," Mino commented. Taehyun turned to look at him in surprise and realized his boyfriend was joking from the smile on his face. Mino wished Taehyun would find someone (apart from him) who will be there for him when he can't be there. Of course Bobby was there, but he was family and that didn't really count.

"He's already mine, and he's not yours to give," he joked back.

"What? When did he become yours?" Mino pretended to be scandalized.  "Last time I heard he was mad at you and wouldn't even serve you coffee."

"I'm taking care of that today see? He already gave us the perfect nickname too, ByunTae (ert)" Taehyun confessed, laughing at the ridiculous name he made up on the spot.

"What? No way! I will not let my boyfriend form a partnership named ByunTae ever!" Mino rejected the idea completely.

"Too late. We're already best friends forever and ever and he agreed to spy on you for me when I'm not there," Taehyun continued his ridiculous lie.

"He's a really good guy you know," Mino suddenly turned serious. It would really be nice if Baekhyun and Taehyun could really get along, and he didn't have to worry about him stealing his boyfriend, as he knew Baekhyun was a complete ladies' man.

"Whatever."

 

 

They reached their destination in no time and walked out of the subway. Taehyun calmly led the way and Mino followed without a word, trudging behind his boyfriend a little, as his head was too busy looking around Incheon. He had never been to the place even though it's close to Seoul, but Taehyun did not think to give him a tour and merely kept on walking.

The city isn't that different from Seoul, they walked past big departmental stores and Korean style housing and large apartment buildings, until they reached a strange bridge. Clear water was running underneath and in the distance, Mino could see two tall modern apartment buildings that seemed to be leaning away from each other. The view was strangely beautiful and Mino stood there for a moment to breathe it all in.

"Taehyun-ah" he called out to the boy who had already started crossing the bridge. The boy turned back and there was wind blowing against his hair and he looked so beautiful, Mino had to take a picture. "Just stay like that for a sec," he called out as he whipped his phone out, but Taehyun already had his hands on his hips and was tapping his foot. Mino took the shot anyway and ran towards the younger.

"This place is amazing,” he breathed out as they crossed the bridge and looked around. On both sides of the riverbanks, there was some sort of flea market and lots of people milling about. There was a watermill on the river, people rowing leisure boats and traditional Korean rest houses that contrasted with the tall high-rise buildings. Just further ahead, Mino saw another pretty looking park, with a pond and another watermill.

"Can we go there?" he asked pointing at the park to his boyfriend.

"We don't have much time babe if we want to get back to Seoul today," his boyfriend chided.

"Fine," Mino relented. "But we have to take a selca here. We don't have any pictures of us together. My phone requires our couple selca," he announced, slinging his arm over Taehyun's shoulders.

Taehyun let out a deep sigh and turned his head around to see if there were people looking, seemingly self-conscious but he posed for the phone camera anyway, removing the hair around his face and smiling as sweet as he was able.

Mino clicked but he wasn't done. He tried to kiss Taehyun on the cheeks while the younger was busy staring at the camera. Taehyun realized what he was doing and pushed him away hastily.

"Hey! We are in the middle of the street," he scolded lightly while Mino merely gave a big goofy smile. They went on their way to Taehyun's home while Mino fiddles with his phone to set their new picture as his phone wallpaper.

It turned out Taehyun lived in one of those tall modern buildings. When they turned up at the door of a penthouse, Mino glanced over to see Taehyun looking quite grim.  Not exactly the face of a boy who was visiting home after living away for so long. He found it a little strange but he couldn't dwell on it as the door opened to reveal a beautiful woman with the warmest of smiles.

"Oh Taehyun-ah," she looked surprised but happy.  "I... how... come in... come in," she raised her arms for a hug but settled on holding onto Taehyun's hands instead. Her gaze finally fell on Mino who was standing next to them smiling.

"Hello, mother," Taehyun greeted as the boys removed their shoes at the door.

Mino could see the resemblance in their faces, and in the way they both spoke. They both have that soft, clear, sophisticated speech. Mino felt a little intimidated.

"I didn’t know you were coming. I could've prepared a proper lunch or something," she said as the boys made their way inside.

"It's okay. We're not staying long. This is Mino by the way, he's a classmate," Taehyun finally introduced them.

"Hello, Mrs. Nam," Mino greeted with a deep bow, he hoped he had cleaned up well enough so that she won’t detect the alcohol that might still linger in his system.

"Oh, so nice to meet you, Mino. Would you boys like something to drink. Was it hot outside? I was just about to have lunch. Your grandmother had gone to the park with her friends. Would you like to join me? I am sure there's enough food for all of us," she babbled in that mild tone of hers while holding onto Mino's folded hands, while her gaze is fixed Taehyun.

"I'm not really hungry," Taehyun denied the food. "I need something from your closet though. Can I?" he asked as he looked around the house.

"Oh, okay." she turned towards Mino then. "Mino?"

"Yes, I'm hungry," Mino gladly accepted the request while Taehyun gave him a slight glare. "But, food," he wailed as if that one word explained it all.

"Ugh, fine," Taehyun shrugged his shoulders, defeated.

"You can do that after lunch. It hardly takes an hour to go back to Seoul. Come..come," she beckoned the two boys towards the spacious kitchen, offering them a large selection of food, which Taehyun informed Mino, was certainly not made by his mother. It didn't matter to Mino. Food was food and he was hungry. He hadn't had anything to eat after he woke up, except for the large cup of instant coffee he hastily mixed before they left the dorm.

There was little conversation on the table as the mother asked Taehyun about college with the boy answering in one-syllable sentences while Mino focused on his food. He found out from the conversation that Taehyun’s grandma also lives with his mom and that she's currently in the community hall with her friends.

“May we be excused now?” Taehyun asked when they were all done with their food.

“Of course, why don’t you show Mino your room too and...,” before she could finish talking, Mino started heaving as he felt the contents of his stomach making their way to his throat. The two Nams looked at him in worry as he slapped a hand over his mouth, his eyes begging Taehyun to tell him where the bathroom is.

“Taehyun-ah, bathroom!” he could hear Taehyun's mom frantically waving at her son to take Mino to the bathroom. Taehyun shot up from his seat, almost making his chair fall as he pulled Mino up and dragging him to the nearest toilet.

They almost didn't make it as Mino felt the vomit leave his food pipe and onto his mouth, he hastily dropped down in front of the toilet and threw up the food he had just taken in. Taehyun crouched behind him to rub his back, studiously ignoring the toilet bowl and trying hard not to make a face.

Taehyun took him to his room after that. "That was so embarrassing," Mino wailed as he flopped down on Taehyun's bed, face down and afraid to look up.

"It's okay," Taehyun soothed, sitting next to him and suppressing the giggles that threatened to erupt from his throat.

"It's not okay," Mino insisted. "I ruined everything. I am sure your mum was able to detect the alcohol in my breath too, it's a good thing you introduced me as a friend. I'm so sorry," he covered his face with the palms of his hands, unable to even look at Taehyun.

"It's okay," Taehyun tried again, smiling behind his hand as he lifted a comforting hand to his boyfriend's bent head. "So what if she knows? We are old enough to drink."

"But she's your mother...." Mino wailed even louder. How will Taehyun introduce him as his boyfriend now? He practically threw up at the table, on their first meeting.

He was about to continue his apologies when there came a knock on the door. Mino quickly pulled himself up to sit on the bed.

The door opened and Mrs. Nam peeked in. "Mino, can you come here for a second?" She beckoned.

Mino gave a baleful look to his boyfriend who merely shrugged his shoulders smiling. "I'll just go do what I came here for," he got up from the bed, leaving Mino at the mercy of his mother.

Mino tried to look as sweet as he could as he followed the short but suddenly scary woman back to the kitchen. She made him sit down on the table again which had been cleared. He felt he needed to explain himself and was about to open his mouth to speak when the mother placed a glass of green juice in front of him.

"Here, drink this. This is made with our family's secret recipe to cure hangovers," she smiled kindly.

Mino was left speechless as he glanced from the glass in front of him, to Taehyun's mother and again back to the glass. He lifted the glass to his lips and drank the bitter juice, wondering if he was being poisoned or if she really didn't mind that her son's friend came over while nursing a hangover.

But everything seemed fine after he finished the juice. He wiped his lips with the back of his hand and thanked the woman, feeling better already.

"It's okay, I've been your age too. Don't worry. Taehyunie didn't drink with you? He seems fine."

"He did, but I guess he didn't drink as much, or maybe he has a high tolerance level. I don't know. Although, the only other time I've seen him drink was at my birthday party, and he didn't fare so well then...," Mino brought up his hands to his lips, closing his mouth as he realized he was babbling and was basically telling his boyfriend's mother that Taehyun only drinks when he's with him. The day was getting worse and worse. "I mean...he don't...I don't..." there seems to be no chance of rectifying the situation.

Mrs. Nam laughed at that, and Mino was puzzled. "You're not betraying him or anything, son," the term of endearment seemed to come easily from her lips. She patted his arm slightly as she pointed to the balcony, asking Mino to follow him there. "He must take after his father, the man never seem to suffer from hangovers, no matter how much he drinks. Too bad he's not around to teach his sons how to hold a drink now," she told Mino as they made their way outside to talk some more.

The two boys decided to take the bus back to Seoul instead of the underground train. Mino wanted to experience the view and Taehyun complied, though the older boy found himself unable to enjoy the passing sights. Taehyun's mom was lovely, and she seemed to adore her son. Mino could see the twinkle in her eyes behind her rectangular glasses when she opened the door and saw Taehyun standing there, but his boyfriend seemed awkward and less than charming with his own mother.

Mino also found her to be a gracious host, soft-spoken and articulate- traits he believed Taehyun inherited. She was quietly graceful and beautiful too. He did not miss the sad look in her eyes when she pulled him to the balcony while Taehyun rummaged through her closet, asking him directly if he was Taehyun's boyfriend.

Mino was a little taken aback at the question. He had tried to hide the smitten look he knew appeared on his face whenever Taehyun was around him, and he tried really hard not to address him as "babe" like he was accustomed to doing.  Especially since Taehyun didn't seem to want his mom to know about their relationship. But it seemed a woman's intuition is as strong as they say.

"I came as a friend," he had answered as ambiguously as he can without blatantly lying through his teeth, but Taehyun's mom only sighed sadly, informing him it was obvious because he was the first 'friend' Taehyun had ever brought home. Mino could not argue with that and let her words sink in.

She had hastily moved on to other things, asking him if her son was doing okay,  if he had friends and if he was happy or not. Mino wasn’t sure if it was appropriate to be talking about Taehyun with his mother like this. But then again he figured Taehyun must've known his mother would do this when he left them alone, and that maybe it was Taehyun's way of letting them bond over him. Or he could be wrong and this is a way for Taehyung to test him, although Mino couldn't think of any reason why his boyfriend would even think of testing him. So he answered to the best of his abilities- Taehyun is a good student and he has friends (at least now he can assume he and his group of friends can be considered mutual friends. It wasn't a lie)

But then she asked him something that left Mino dumbstruck. How was he supposed to know why Taehyun seemed so distant with her when it was supposed to be Taehyun's mother who should know her son best?  At the same time, Mino felt bad for not knowing the reason, racking his brain to see if he had missed something between the lines when Taehyun talked to him.

 

 

"Stop thinking so loud, it's disconcerting," he could hear Taehyun grumbling from the seat next to him. He figured he must have been quiet for a long time for Taehyun to start noticing. The engine of the bus was loud and coupled with the chattering of the other passengers, Mino wasn't quite sure he heard correctly the next words that came out from Taehyun's mouth. "I knew I shouldn't have taken you with me," he seemed to say as he sighed, not looking at Mino.

"But you wanted to, didn't you?" Mino blurted out, which Taehyun didn't reply. That gave him the courage to go on. "You wanted me to meet your mom, didn't you? And maybe..."

"Maybe what? Don't try to psycho-analyze me," Taehyun's eyes were challenging as he turned to look at Mino.

"Taehyun-ah," Mino tried to hold on to Taehyun's arm but the younger flinched, jerking his hand back in surprise. Mino wasn't sure whether he should go on or not but Mrs. Nam's sad eyes wouldn't stop nagging his brain.

He leaned his head closer to Taehyun's side. "Babe," he tried again, softer, and Taehyun slumped further into his seat, legs folded up on the seat and his chin resting on his knees, hugging his legs tight. Mino felt the boy was unconsciously making himself small. "I'm not trying to analyze you, it's just... your mom asked me all these questions which I couldn't answer, and it made me feel awful," he soldiered on, even though he wasn't quite sure the younger boy was listening or not. "I know your parents divorced, and I am so sorry you had to experience that. I can only imagine how painful it must have been for you. But your mom also told me you seemed fine after that happened, so she can't understand why you're acting like this with her and..."

"Acting like what? A spoiled brat? That's what you think of me right now isn't it?" there was anger in the tone and a hint of self-righteousness.

"No, of course not," Mino had to try hard to find the right words to say. "I don't think you blame them or yourself for what happened, that you knew these things happen. I thought maybe you were still angry about your Yale applications, but that seemed like a trivial thing to ruin your relationship with your mother for..."

"What do you know about me to make those assumptions?"

"I don't. That's the problem Taehyun-ah. You keep your feelings all tightly locked inside of you and the only glimpse of real feelings I get from you is when I read your face because you haven't yet learned to hide that from me. Even the walls on your rooms are bare, there was nothing there that even suggested a teenaged boy had lived there. No posters, no personal things, no memorabilia. If you don't tell me what your thoughts are how am I supposed to know? What can I not make assumptions based on the little glimpses you have shown me,"

"I can't," Taehyun mumbled against his knees.

"You can, but you won't. And I don't want to push you. But please tell me if I am right or not, to be telling your sweet mother all those things. That you actually want to make things right with her because I would be very disappointed if you don't even want to try."

Taehyun leaned back on his seat and closed his eyes. Mino thought that maybe that was Taehyun's way of trying to shut him out now, making Mino feel bad for talking too much. But he also felt he was right, and he didn't want to apologize for being honest with his boyfriend.

Then came a soft answer. "You're right. I do want to make things right with her, especially after seeing you with your mom. But... I ...don't know where to start."

Mino's heart leaped at that and he could not control the smile that threatened to erupt from his face. "I can help if you'll let me. I exchanged numbers with your mom too, she added me on kakaotalk," he confessed.

Taehyun opened his eyes wide at that.

Mino continued. "What if we ask your mom to bring Donghyun back huh? I want to meet him too. Can we do that?" He did not forget the smile that showed on Taehyun's face every time his brother was mentioned.

Taehyun smiled at that, only a slight curve at the corner of his lips, but a smile nonetheless.

Mino took that as a cue to continue talking, boasting "Your mom loves me by the way."

Taehyun scoffed. "After you threw up all her food?"

"She does, and she also tells me I would be an ideal sons-in-law for some lucky mother," he lied as he pulled at the earphone Taehyun had left hanging on his shoulder, placed it at his own ears to listen to Taehyun's playlist flowing through the earphone.

"Yeah, you wish," Taehyun laughed but it lacked the sting of sarcasm. He put the other earphone to his own ear as he settled more comfortably in his seat. Mino did not miss the soft smile that graced the beautiful face as Taehyun closed his eyes, lost in the music.

 

-------------------------------------------

 

That night, Mino had one arm slung around Taehyun's torso as he slept soundly with a sated look on his face, but the younger boy was finding it difficult to sleep, lying on his back with a hand under his head. Taehyun wondered how it was so easy and comfortable to share his space with Mino. It all seemed like a natural progression and he had never felt this way before, not even with Bobby. It was even better because his dear cousin hasn't been home for the whole week. It seems he was working with some rappers for some event and had no time to travel back and forth, so it was only logical that he stayed with them.

He traced his hands lightly on the prominent veins in Mino's arms that lay across his stomach. He realized what he was doing and looked over to see the sleeping boy's face, barely visible in the semi-darkness. Taehyun felt deep affection for the boy and a little bit of guilt. He remembered the conversation he'd had with Danah, and he wondered what Mino saw in him that made him like him. He knew he has an attractive face, but from what he heard from Danah, Mino is the kind of guy who can easily see through people and know what kind of person they are. Mino had to learn that the hard way, growing up amongst bad company in his school days. He found it amazing how Mino could still smile and be so happy after all he had gone through- bullying, cheated and toyed with, unlike him who couldn't even handle one or two unfortunate events in his life. He really didn't deserve someone like Mino.

Which brought him to his guilty feeling. He really didn't want to think about it now, especially when everything is going so good. He promised himself in the beginning that he'll go with the flow, let Mino take the lead and see where this goes. But Danah had asked him not to break her brother's heart. She seemed more like an older sibling looking out for her younger brother. Taehyun could not look her in the eyes then.

"Aish, I'm thinking too much," he mumbled tiredly. Danah was right about that. He didn't know how she knew about his bad habit but she did. She wondered out loud if Taehyun might suddenly decide to leave Mino when he let his inner thoughts overtake him. She wasn't right about that though, Taehyun will make sure of that. Mino does not deserve that. He wanted to believe he was just born this way, cynical and dark, because Mino had gone through so much in his life too, and he is still so ready to smile, so ready to give love. Taehyun wishes he were more like the sleeping boy next to him.

He finally decided to stop his thoughts from spiraling more out of control. He shifted to settle himself comfortably on the bed when he heard small ripples of sound coming from Mino. He laughed as gas continued leaving Mino's body, the noises sounding cute to his ears. He bent to give a soft kiss on the older boy's forehead. "How is it possible that you can make me laugh even when you're asleep," he asked the unconscious boy, finally settling himself to sleep on his side, letting Mino spoon him from behind and wrapped the strong arms around himself. He could feel the regulated breaths against his back, and it gave him some kind of comfort. He took Mino's hand in his and absentmindedly played with it until sleep overtook him.

 

 

He woke up the next morning to feel an arm still slung over his stomach. He turned sideways to kiss his boyfriend "Good Morning" with eyes still half-closed. But something was strange. Mino was fully clothed and his head was buried front-face into the pillow. He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes to see better, and he found out the person to whom the hand belonged to wasn't Mino at all but his stupid cousin Bobby. He sat up quickly on the bed and looked around, he realized that Bobby had conveniently nestled himself between the couple, and he stank, of alcohol and other things Taehyun didn't even want to imagine.

"Bobby, what the hell!" he scolded as he tried to shake the boy awake.

"Wha..." the boy awoke, trying to cover his ears with weary hands.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Taehyun yelled.

"Shhhhh...hangover," Bobby mumbled against the pillow, both hands at his ears.

Taehyun's voice had woken up Mino too, who shifted up on the bed and looked at Bobby with a blank expression. Evidently, his brain has not grasped the situation yet. He was never a morning person. Then he turned his face to meet Taehyun's and gave him a goofy smile, the kind of smile that blinds Taehyun with it's genuine-ness every time.

"Go back to sleep. I'll go make breakfast or something. I don't want to sleep with this stinky ," Taehyun gestured with his chin towards Bobby who seemed to have already fallen asleep. Mino plopped down heavily on the bed again without a word and pulled the covers over himself.

Taehyun got out of the bed with a groan. He remembered he slept late last night, but sharing the bed with his cousin and boyfriend seemed too weird. He grudgingly dragged himself to the bathroom to freshen up and then to the kitchen to make something to eat.

He looked around his kitchen cupboards and fridge to find something he could cook without burning down the kitchen. He had normally survived on ramyeun and take-outs before Mino took over with the cooking, telling him "A man who cooks is the coolest," hoping to get some praises from his boyfriend, and Taehyun humored him in return. His silly boyfriend wasn't the best cook, but it's always nice to have a home-cooked meal, especially served by Mino in an apron.

He decided there was nothing he could possibly prepare without totally messing it up, so he settled for buttered toast and eggs. He went to wake the older boys up and saw Bobby snuggling against his boyfriend's back with an arm around his waist. The sight made him boil in anger for some reason. He made his way to the bed and tore the covers off the sleeping boys, waking them up abruptly in the process.

"Wha..." the two boys cried out in unison.

"Get up! Food's ready," he informed them tartly.

They both groaned, trying to settle themselves back on the bed but Taehyun would have none of it. They are not allowed to sleep on the same bed anymore.

The two boys were finally up and joined Taehyun in the kitchen due to the youngest incessant yelling. They sat together on the counter stools facing the irate boy who was serving them sloppily.

"I thought you guys were gonna let me videotape your first time," Bobby joked after he had drunk half of the coffee and was more awake.

"You weren't there the first time, or the second, or the third," Mino wanted Bobby to know, sporting a satisfied smile on his face.

"Woah! Already. Our Taehyunnie is moving fast," Bobby exclaimed.

"Can you please not talk about our private life with other people?" Taehyun begged, surprised at Mino's lack of modesty.

"Aw come on. You used to tell me everything," Bobby reminded his cousin.

"I did not," he didn't know why he tried to lie.

"Yes, you did. Did you know Mino, this one time he and his ex-boyfriend had...." Bobby turned to Mino who suddenly had a ghastly pale expression.

"Stop! Stop! Stop!" Taehyun yelled cutting his cousin short. Yes, this was why he lied. He was afraid curious Mino would ask Bobby for information. "I did not tell you anything ok. Stop lying," Taehyun warned giving a death glare to his cousin. Thankfully Bobby did not say anything more, though Taehyun wasn't sure whether he got the message or not.

Then it was Mino's turn to be embarrassed when Bobby showed Taehyun the message Mino had sent him while they were in Busan.

"Our fishing lines caught each other from opposite ends of the boat, inside the water. I am fated  to your cousin."

"What can I say? It's like the red string of fate they talk about in Chinese proverbs," Mino mumbled behind his hands.

"So cheesy. Where did you even find this guy Taehyun?" Bobby asked as he made gagging noises.

The couple took their revenge as they left for college on Taehyun's bike while Bobby was left to manage his own transportation.

 

*****

Just hold me tight

And maybe we'll get through the night

Just hold me tight

And maybe our future will be bright

 

A/N note: I am sorry this is such a crappy chapter. I hope all my Namsong United friends read this anyway. And all the readers, if you are still reading even though this girl does not update regularly, thank you, from the bottom of my namsong infested heart.

And thanks to Isa for making these nice edits. I kinda like this one best, so I am using it for this chapter. Please continue to draw more Isa. And thanks to Ayen for continuing to be my beta-reader, even though she is busy as hell.