Zico - Green is not a good colour

Say, do you wanna sail on the Namsong river?

Filler Chapter

Mino: Hey I drew this thinking of you 


Taehyun: is that on the classroom board?
 Mino: yes
Taehyun: WTF! why'd u do that?
Mino: Everybody could guess it was u right away ^_^
Taehyun: Everybody? U showed it to everybody? rub it off right this instant
Mino: The prof erased it. He came in early b4 I could
Taehyun: I am going to kill you
Mino: why? u didn't like it?
Taehyun: stick to drawing me on ur sketchpad plz
Mino: okay :(

-----------------------

Taehyun: Where are you?
Mino: Having lunch with my
homies
Taehyun: Did you just say homies? xD
Mino: Hey! Don't judge. My
homeboy Zico likes it ok
Taehyun: Yeah whatever

 

"So, you didn't come home last night?" Zico asked suggestively to his friend who was busy typing on his phone. The gang was all seated at a round table in the college cafeteria.

"Uh-huh," Mino replied in a distracted fashion, still staring at his phone.

"Yo~ finally got some huh?" P.O. teased.

"Wouldn't you like to know," Mino smirked, finally paying attention to his friends. Zico could see the glow on his friend's face, and he found it a little funny.

"Oooooh," the girls giggled.

"Chill people, it wasn't even our first time," Mino explained.

"Really? Oh my God! How many times have you done it already?" Krystal looked surprised.

"We don't kiss and tell," Mino replied, Zico could feel the smugness in his friend's tone.

"Oh please, I am dying to know," Minzy begged.

"Why don't you spill about your love life with Seunghoon instead," Mino countered.

"Everybody knows," Sulli informed the cornered boy.

"What? We don't know anything, do we Kyung?" Zico asked his friend.

"Nope," Kyung agreed.

"Hey, this is not about my relationship. Mino is the one who needs to dish okay. We don't know anything about Taehyun and we'd like to know more so spill," Minzy ordered.

"What would you like to know?" Mino asked Zico thought his friend's smile was a bit too wide.

"Anything," Sulli answered.

"Everything," Krystal added excitedly.

"Yeah, c' mon bro. We are just curious. Don't forget, we were the ones who helped you get the guy, now you can't just stop telling us things, just because you don't need our help anymore," Zico persuaded too. He really wanted to know more about the relationship, especially since he always found himself looking out for the boy, like a concerned parent. Even though they only met this year, they had been instant friends and Zico always found himself enjoying his college life more because of Mino.

"He's awesome. He's talented. He's cool. He's y. He's perfect. Is that good enough?" Zico heard Mino saying with the biggest grin ever.

"You lovesick fool," he muttered under his breath.

"Can't help it," Mino replied unapologetically.

 

*****

 

Mino: Hey I miss you
Taehyun: We saw each other like 5 min ago
Mino: You don't miss me?
Taehyun: Give me time to miss you ok
Mino: Okay T_T

 

*****

 

Taehyun: Everybody here
Mino: Miss me?
Taehyun: ......
Mino: You do, don't you? Well, everybody here too.
Taehyun: :D
Mino: Wait, when I say "Everybody here too" I mean I miss you, but everybody here don't really ok
Taehyun: I got that
Mino: I mean, Zico doesn't , P.O. don't either, tho they can be really annoying sometimes
Taehyun: I said I got it
Mino: Kyung, Minzy and Sulli too. They don't
Mino: Oh, almost forgot, Krystal too. Tho she is the closest one to being y
Mino: So, everybody here means I miss you ok
Mino: Ur not replying
Taehyun: I get it. Sheesh.

*****

Mino: hey y
Taehyun: WTH
Mino: I was thinking abt last night
Taehyun: don't! ur in class
Mino: I'm getting really right now
Taehyun: shut it
Mino: it's a good thing I'm wearing my XXL hoodie right now
Taehyun: It's not funny
Mino: that thing u did wit ur tongue
Taehyun: Damn it Mino
Mino: I love it when u say my name
Taehyun: stop it
Mino: r u getting 2? I can't wait 4 tonyt
Taehyun: u!
Mino: Oh! but I'll b the one ing you
Taehyun: Song Min Ho I'm warning u
Mino: I looked up some more stuff on the internet
Taehyun: what?
Mino: I feel like ordering us a
Taehyun: not replying anymore
Mino: or handcuffs, or one of those nice smelling fruity lube
Mino: or a ball gag, is that what they call it?
Mino: I would let you use them on me 2
Mino: r u getting so u can't type 
Taehyun: I hate u so much but yes
Mino: everybody here
Taehyun: everybody here too. :D

 

*****


Zico sat in the noisy cafeteria of their college with his hands folded in front of his chest, deep in thought. His two roommates Mino and Kyung were sitting on either side of him, along with their other classmates P.O., Krystal, Minzy, and Sulli. Kyung was saying something to Mino, Zico didn't catch exactly what, but he turned towards Mino to hear what he had to say and saw the boy busy with his cell phone, grinning to himself like a fool. Kyung met Zico's disapproving eyes and let out a sheepish smile while shaking his head, seemingly not the least put out with the fact that Mino was completely oblivious to whatever was going around him, but Zico won't let him off that easily. He gave the grinning boy a shove.

"Wha..what did you say?" Mino asked, a bit startled as he finally looked away from his phone.

"I was just asking what clubs have you decided to join," Kyung reiterated his question good-naturedly.

"Oh, I don't know. Let me ask Taehyun what clubs he had joined," Mino answered and started typing away again in his cell phone.

"You cannot decide for yourself?" Zico said, annoyed. 

'Maybe I need a girlfriend' he thought to himself. Everybody seemed to be dating around him. Apart from the three couples, P.O. constantly has one night stands, Kyung doesn't seem interested in dating at all, and he himself has met a few girls from the hip-hop events and clubs they frequented, but none seemed to last.

He tried to take in consideration Mino's feelings too, and he understood to a certain degree, but he didn't think his friend would be acting like a high-school teenager in love. He had never seen Mino look so deliriously happy; more so than usual. He does not regret setting them up, not really.

', I need to get a life of my own,' he thought to himself.  "Hey Sulli, wanna date?" he called out loud.  The group suddenly turned silent at his sudden proposition.  Sulli stared at him wide-eyed and started laughing.

"The hell Zico, are you high or something?" she asked between giggles.

"Fine, Krystal then? Wanna date?" he moved on to the next girl.

"Ugh, I have a boyfriend ," Krystal scoffed.

"Since when?" Zico asked. "Am I the only one not dating here?" he asked the group.

"Since forever, stupid. He's a senior in another college okay," Krystal announced.  Nobody looked surprised so Zico figured they all knew except him.

"Don't worry bro, we'll find a girl for you too soon," Mino consoled him.

"Yah, just because you started dating doesn't make you the expert okay," Zico refused the kind offer. 

 

*****

 

Mino: Everybody here
Taehyun: well, everybody here too. :D
Mino: I mean literally. My
homies aren't here, I'm in the faculty room with professors.
Taehyun: Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
Mino: But you missed me. That's nice to hear.

*****

Mino: Hey, Baekhyun asked about you
Taehyun: What did he say?
Mino: He asks not to forget about ur deal. what deal?
Taehyun: U don't have to know
Mino: Plz tell, I'm dying of curiosity
Taehyun: Not telling
Mino: plz plz pretty plz
Taehyun: ask him urself
Mino: he won't tell me *pouts*
Taehyun: i won't either
Mino: r u stealing my friends away from me?
Taehyun: yes
Mino: That's nice. I hope you get along well with Baekhyun
Taehyun: whatever


Zico sat in the living room of their dormitory, looking around the small room. It was eerily quiet. He couldn't stand it. His roommate Kyung was typing away at his laptop, god-knows-what, and his other roommate, Mino, he doesn't even know if he was alive or dead--not that he cares.  The loud boy hasn't been staying at the dorm for almost a week now.

Okay, scratch that, maybe he did care, and he also knew Mino was alive and happy. Zico scoffed as he pictured the happy new couple. His stupid, goofy roommate has been acting even more stupid and goofy the past few days, looking every bit like a lovesick fool. 
He had laughed at Mino at first.  They had all made fun of him, the day he came home after spending his first night away at Taehyun's place. But his friend didn't care, nor was he embarrassed about it. It was as if Mino was flaunting the fact that he was dating, looking exactly like a high-school teenager in love.

Mino would come to the dorm only to collect his clothes and go back to stay over at his boyfriend's place. Now the only time he would get to see his roommate was in class, and even then, he'd be totally immersed in the droopy eyebrowed boy, either sitting with him at the back of the class or texting him in the middle of the other classes he didn't share.

Zico didn't mind. His friend was finally experiencing his first real relationship, and he was happy for him. He was definitely not jealous, of course, he just didn't think he would be missing the energetic boy. The two of them had become fast friends since the first day they met, here in college, which wasn't hard considering the fact that they shared almost all similar interests. 

Mino was already there in the room when Zico and Kyung got to their assigned dorm room, and the boy had been putting up posters in his wall, Zico's favorite hip-hop artists. They started talking about musical preferences and went on to showing each other their caricatures. Although Kyung was a childhood friend and a best friend, Mino became his partner to party up with. They'd get into stupid fights, Mino would be his wingman, and they'd have a nightcap on their lone couch almost every night before going to bed. And now, without his partner in crime, Zico was bored.

He could ask the other people in their circle of friends to go out with him, but everybody seemed to be doing their own thing now without Mino bringing together the whole group. Their senior Seunghoon came into the informal group because of Mino and brought along with him the JinYoon couple. The girls only hung out with them because they liked to hang out with Mino. And P.O., well who knows where P.O. is? Maybe out chasing skirts somewhere. 

'Maybe I should join him,' he thought as he looked for his cellphone to call P.O. about going clubbing with him.

P.O didn't pick up the phone, even after several tries and Zico finally gave up and sat back down lazily on their lone couch hugging a ratty throw pillow, sulking. He found himself wanting to call Mino and ask what he's doing or if he's okay. He was actually worried about the boy, not about accidents or anything, just worried about his new relationship.

To be honest, he likes Taehyun. He had to admit he questioned Mino's choice at first, couldn't understand what his friend saw in the middle-parted haired boy. Of course, he was really good-looking, even though Zico was straight, but there was something strange about the boy that he couldn't quite put a finger to.

At the camping trip, he could sense the boy trying really hard to be amiable to them, and he could see a special smile that lit up the composed, statue-like face when exposed to Mino. Of course, that wasn't all, he also noticed a few things whenever Mino brought Taehyung back to the dorm.  His roommate acted like the perfect boyfriend; carrying Taehyun on his back, zipping up his jacket for him, making sure he was wearing his caps and gloves, etc. which  Taehyun also returned in kind. He'd always feed the food- enthusiast Mino first. He'd suddenly become reclusive and stop talking when Mino leaves the room as if his social skills depended solely on Mino. It was kind of endearing, to say the least.

But there was still something about the boy that makes Zico a bit nervous, and Zico usually never feels nervous around people, whether they were big shots in suits or club-banger hip-hop thugs. The boy seemed awkward and introverted at times, but he was also b with quiet confidence and had an air of a certain cockiness about him, which were contradicting personalities in one person. Not to mention how the boy seemed a bit dark too, but not in a depressed, emo kind of way, just a bit dark.

'Damn I'm almost bursting my head trying to analyze my friend's boyfriend, I wonder how Mino must feel every day,' Zico thought, chuckling to himself. 
He decided he wanted to have a little dorm party in the weekend to break away from his boredom, and the others had responded enthusiastically. They haven't been able to meet properly as a group after the Thanksgiving holiday.

 

 

Everybody had gathered at the dorm room on Saturday night, along with the seniors Seunghoon, Jinwoo and Seungyoon. There were beers enough for a few dozen people and there was music playing. Zico looked around the small room, satisfied. All his closest friends were there. Seunghoon and Minzy were playing a double tennis match at the PlayStation with the Jinyoon couple.  There was Krystal, Sulli, P.O. and Kyung dancing to the light music; quite horribly. Their rhythm lost because of the amount of beer they consumed. Mino and Taehyun were on the couch, with the older boy casually resting both his legs on Taehyun's lap and talking animatedly.

At some point in the night, Zico found himself on their small balcony, having a chat with Mino holding beers in their hands. They were laughing about something stupid when Mino decided to ask what his friend thought of Taehyun.

Zico was already a bit drunk from the many bottles of beer he chugged down. "He's not good for you," he replied without thinking.

"What makes you say that?" Mino asked curiously.

"I just know okay. A girl knows these things," Zico slurred, evidently he has no control of his tongue.

"But you're not a girl," Mino countered, laughing a little. 

"Whatever, he's not good for you," Zico insisted, not knowing he was spewing nonsense.

"Why not?" Mino insisted.

"Because you stayed in his apartment for almost a week now," Zico explained. In his mind, he was making complete sense.

"What does that...Oh! I stayed at his place instead of at the dorm," Mino smiled.

"Yes. That is not good, you should think of the university, the economy and the national security," Zico waved his hand around in a passionate fashion.

"The stability of our economy and national security depends on me staying at the dorm?" Mino asked. Zico did not catch the amusement in Mino's eyes.

"Yes," he raised his beer to Mino.

"Does it also relieve a certain university student named Zico from boredom?" the tanned boy asked.

Zico leaned towards his friend conspiratorially. "Well, I wouldn't know about that. But it'll certainly help Kyung you know. He misses you. This is a secret but...I heard him cry 'Mino, Mino' in his sleep," he lied through his teeth. He thought he was whispering, but the words came out loud all the same.

"Oh, that's just awful. I guess there's nothing I can do except... come back and stay at the dorm," Mino admitted with a twinkle in his eyes.

"Yes, that'll be the right choice," Zico agreed wholeheartedly.

"Although, the dorm will be too small for the 4 of us, maybe we can decide which days I will be staying with Taehyun, how about weekends?" Mino asked.

"But the weekends are when we do stuff," Zico turned sideways, facing away from Mino, sulking. "I don't like this, please leave."

"Zico," Mino chided.

"Leave. Don't look at me. I know you're looking at me. Stop that," Zico said, his back still facing Mino.

"We need to get you a girlfriend," Mino muttered.

"Is your sister visiting you soon?" Zico turned around excitedly.

"What the hell? No!" Mino looked aghast.

"Fine. Leave. Go back to your boyfriend's apartment," he turned back around offering his back to the amused boy.

"Ahem," he heard another person clearing his throat.

"Taehyun-ah," he heard Mino exclaim out loud and Zico turned around to see the lanky boy at the doorway.

"I couldn't help overhearing your... little conversation," Taehyun said entering the small space. "You're not happy with me," the middle parted haired boy stated, facing Zico.

"I'm not," Zico confessed. He was not afraid of the boy.

"I understand you and Mino are the best of friends, and I wouldn't wanna come between your friendship, so, I propose a compromise?" he suggested.

"Taehyun-ah, don't worry, you're not coming between anything," Zico heard Mino say, but he wanted to hear the boy out. 

"Go on."

"But first," the boy said moving closer towards him, encroaching on his personal space. They stood inches away from each other, but something made Zico stand his ground and look directly into the boy's eyes. The boy certainly seemed to be no introvert at this time, he should've known. The first time Zico had spoken to him, he was bratty, the second time he was downright rude. Yes the boy was awkward, but Zico guessed that his seemingly introverted ways was because he wanted to make a good impression on his boyfriend's friends.

"What are you doing?" he asked the boy, his alcohol breath made Taehyun wrinkle his nose. The boy only seemed to be searching his eyes for something, if he were gay he would've thought this was some sort of seduction.

"Okay, I'm satisfied," Taehyun finally moved away from him. "You see, I'm a jealous person, and I wouldn't want my boyfriend hanging out with someone who might want to get inside his pants. But you are clearly one hundred percent straight, so we can make a deal," he explained to Zico, who was a little disoriented from the encounter.

"What do you propose?" he asked, clearing his throat.

"You did not accept the weekend-weekday exchange, so how about I get him on weekdays and you take weekends?" Taehyun suggested.

"Hey, don't I get a say in this?" Mino piped up from behind Taehyun.

"NO!" the two boys turned towards him, silencing the tanned boy.

"That's 5 days versus 2, not good enough for me," Zico told the younger male.

"Then what do you suggest?" Taehyun asked.

"I feel like I'm a child in the middle of a custody battle," Mino complained but the two tall boys didn't pay him any heed.

"First half of the month I get him weekdays you take him weekends, the second half of the month we switch," Zico suggested.

"Deal!" Taehyun agreed.

"What if I say No?" Mino still wanted some say in the arrangement.

"Listen to your boyfriend. He's wiser than you," Zico told Mino as he left the small space smiling, but he lingered by the doorway.

"Babe," Taehyun turned towards his sulking boyfriend, talking in comforting tones. "You can't stay with me all the time, your friends miss you. This way we're all happy okay?" he lifted a hand to Mino's face. They clearly did not notice Zico behind them.

"Okay," Mino nodded his head solemnly while still pouting a little.

"I think it's good you have so many friends by your side, I should learn to have a life outside of our relationship too," Taehyun commented, Mino held his hand.

"You really don't mind sharing me?" Zico heard his friend ask his boyfriend.

"Mino, I knew even before we started dating, that I will have to share you with everyone. I can hardly be selfish and steal the joy of the people around me," Taehyun replied, Zico thought he sounded a little sad and he felt a little bad. They all knew the boy has no friends in the college.

"They can be your friends too," Mino suggested.

"Yes they can, but they'll always be your friends first. I will try my best to get along okay, see what a selfless person I am," Taehyun joked.

"You are amazing!" Mino blurted out loud.

"I know," Taehyun replied as he turned back towards Mino as the older boy swooped down to claim his boyfriend's lips.

"Zico!" someone called him loudly from inside the house and he jerked back to see Kyung approaching him. He quickly put a hand to his lips to shush his friend and beckoned him closer to share with him the scene of the two boys making out, their bodies pressed together creating no space between them.

"They make a really good-looking pair don't they?" Zico stated sighing happily at the sight.

"Yep, they are so good together they make me wanna puke," Kyung agreed with evident pride in his tone.

The make-out session got hotter and Zico tried to cover Kyung's eyes with his hands. "Sheesh, they should get a room," he muttered as they left the couple alone.

 

 

A/N: Okay, so this is just a filler chapter to help me get back in the groove of writing this story again. I am so sorry to all my readers, I know you guys must be really disappointed in me. I'll try not to get too sidetracked again okay.

And thanks to Ayen for always being there for me, if it weren't for you I might have already given up on this story. Thank you for agreeing to beta once again, and taking time out of your busy day to look through this little story.