Fitting in

Say, do you wanna sail on the Namsong river?


The day of the camping trip had arrived much to Taehyun's chagrin. There were no more classes to attend until the end of the Thanksgiving holiday, which was three days of statutory holidays and the 2 extra days marking the weekend.  Mino and his friends had planned their little camping trip of 2 days and 1 night around those days before they had to go home to their families until school started again.

Taehyun drove his bike over to campus where their hired bus was waiting. He had only packed his bare essentials, such as warm clothes and toothbrush since Mino had promised he'd take care of the rest. He was met with the group of friends busy loading their things onto the bus and he saw there were more people than he anticipated.

"Hey babe, I was beginning to worry you weren't coming," Mino called out to him as he approached the group.

"As if, I replied to all 21 of your messages," Taehyun commented drily.

"You could still ditch us in the last minute," Mino smiled. "Come, help us load our camping gear," Mino suggested and Taehyun did as he was asked. Finally, they were ready to take off and boarded the bus. Taehyun and Mino were the last inside and everyone's eyes were on them.

"Okay everybody, this is Taehyun, and Taehyun, this is everybody," Mino said still standing and before Taehyun could say 'Hi' he was interrupted by voices of disagreement.

"What? No personal introductions?" one person asked.

"Yeah, how is he supposed to remember our names? You have to introduce us one by one," another person agreed so Mino started calling out their names.

"The ash blonde hair guy is Zico, he's my roommate."

"We've met," Zico commented with a salute and a big smile.

"That is Kyung, the one with the sad looking face. My other roommate."

"What sad looking face? I'm more good-looking than you!" Kyung protested as he offered a quick hello.

"The y looking guy over there is P.O.  Our unofficial roommate and he's from our class." Mino continued.

"Hey, I'd rather be sad looking than y looking, he's just kidding Taehyun-ah, I'm an angel," P.O. commented while his lower lip making his point moot.

"And then there's the JinYoon couple over there, you've met them already.  The girl with the shortest hair is Minzy, she and Seunghoon hyung over there are currently dating, and the one with long hair is Krystal, she's a loud-mouth so be careful around her."

"Hey, I resent that," Krystal complained.

"And then that's Sulli, she's the quietest one and also the prettiest," Mino introduced and said girl smiled sweetly at him.

"ANd next to you is my brother from another mother, Seunghoon hyung." The tall lanky boy gave him a small smile with curious eyes. Taehyun felt like he had to bow respectfully in front of him.

 

"Okay, now that intros are over, who's gonna drive first?" Seunghoon asked which prompted the boys to pick straws to decide the order. Seunghoon was first up. Mino and Taehyun settled themselves onto the front of the bus, with Taehyun beside the window.

The bus ride was uncomfortable for Taehyun. The seats were hard; he tried to sleep through it but the people around him were too busy singing, clapping and making a lot of noise in general.  His boyfriend seemed to be the most enthusiastic one. They insisted on asking him to join in the fun, inquiring what songs he knew or if he knew how to beatbox and stuff, but Taehyun managed to decline it all, with a smile. To his relief, the others didn't press him. He figured they would still be awkward with him as he was with them.

When it was Mino's turn to drive, the bus had quieted down a little so he pretended to sleep with his earphones in his ears so the others wouldn't try to initiate a conversation. He offered to drive after Mino but they refused since the others didn't know him well and there's also the fact that he'd never been to this part of the country. They were afraid he'd get them lost.

 

Finally, they reached their destination when the sun was about to set. It was a small clearing with a small brook running through it. The air was fresh and clear and Taehyun in as much air as he could. He thought this trip might just turn out to be okay after all.

"I think I better go and get some wood to light before it's dark," Seungyoon said looking at the sky. "Taehyun, come with me?"

Taehyun looked towards Mino to save him from spending awkward alone time with Seungyoon but Mino was too busy trying to unload their gear and he had to agree reluctantly. The two boys set off among the trees to look for dry twigs and firewood they can light, neither of them talking to each other.

They came back with an armful of the dead branches to see the others had finished unloading and were in the process of setting up the tents.

"I think we'll need a lot more than that," Mino commented and Taehyun mentally slapped the boy across the face before going back to look for more wood with Seungyoon.

 

Finally, the tents were done but Mino and Jinwoo were nowhere to be found. The other people set up their cooking equipment to start on their dinner.

"Taehyun-ah, why don't you come to grill the meat?" Seunghoon asked.

"Um... where's Mino?" he asked instead, he has never grilled meat before and he was scared of messing up.

"He and Jinwoo decided they wanted to fish, though I doubt they'll catch anything, here's the pork belly," Seunghoon said handing him the frozen plastic-wrapped meat, leaving no room for Taehyun to object. He decided it wouldn’t be that hard, he'd seen other people do it before, he mused as he tried to start the small portable gas stove. He struggled with that for a good fifteen minuted before blondi- Zico lit it up for him without a word and went away just as quietly.

 

The other people were busy in their own work, chatting and laughing amongst themselves. The girls seemed to be in charge of the vegetables while Seungyoon had the task of lighting the fire and boiling water.  The boys were cooking rice, stew and other side dishes. After the gas was finally lit with much awkwardness, Taehyun put three long strips of pork belly into the flat pan, flipping them over after every few seconds and then starting over with another batch.

He decided to have a taste to see whether it was edible or not, and he spat out the meat right away. It was still raw. He decided to cook the next batch a few more minutes.

"Hey! Hey! Hey! Nam Taehyun!" Seunghoon shouted rushing towards the boy who was busy on the stove and pushed him away from it.

"You're burning it! Can't you see the smoke?" he yelled and took the pan from Taehyun's hands.

"Sorry," Taehyun apologized. He wanted to cry but he held it in.

"Have you ever grilled pork belly before? And these aren't even cooked," Seunghoon said lifting up Taehyun's first batch.

"No," Taehyun meekly replied.

"Aish, you should've told me. Thank god I came in time, I'll do it now, you go work on something else," Seunghoon said to the guilt-stricken boy.

Taehyun looked around to where the others were working and went towards them. He wanted to get away for a while, get his bearings back but he was scared that it would make him look bad for not helping out so he shuffled among the others, not really knowing what to do.

"Um, can I help?" he finally asked Zico when nobody asked him for help after standing awkwardly at the side for a few minutes.

"Nah, almost done," Zico said smiling.

"Oh, Taehyun, come cut up the kimchi for us," Krystal called out and he brightened a little at that. He decided he was going to like this girl and followed the directions of the girl to cut the kimchi the way she wanted it.

 

Mino and Jinwoo came back then with proud smiles on their faces. They had caught two small palm sized fishes and were showing it off to everybody. Taehyun dutifully ignored them while shooting lasers at the back of his stupid boyfriend's head. He was very mad at him right now.

"Babe, watchu doin'?" Mino asked coming closer to Taehyun but Taehyun did not bother to answer. The older boy stole a strip of the kimchi he was cutting and exclaimed how delicious it was, seemingly not bothered by Taehyun's angry face.

"I'm gonna go grill this," Mino said talking about the fish and left after giving a small peck on Taehyun's cheeks.

Taehyun moved on to prepare the other side dishes with Krystal's instructions while Mino sat with the Jinyoon couple near the fire, roasting their fishes.

Finally, dinner was ready and Taehyun avoided sitting beside Mino, choosing Krystal instead.  He didn't want his boyfriend to talk to him; he still needed time to calm down. After cleaning up, Taehyun decided no one will miss him and went off trailing the riverbed and kept walking till he could no longer hear the sound of the people from the camp.

*****

The people back at camp had started taking out the beers and soju bottles from the icebox and started passing it around the fire. Mino looked around him and noticed that Taehyun was not among them. He asked the others and no one has seen him since dinner was over. He went to their tent to look but the droopy eyebrows were nowhere to be found. He was starting to get worried.

"Maybe he went off to do his business or something and he's a little shy," Zico suggested when Mino came back to the bonfire but Mino was not convinced.

"Yeah, I guess so. I think I'll go look for him just in case," he said taking a flashlight with him and started going into the woods. He had looked for a while; calling out his boyfriend's name but there was no answer. He went back to camp hoping he had come back but he still wasn't there. He started moving up the riverbed then, thinking he saw some footprints on the sand.

He could hear stones being thrown into the water and he moved faster, shining his torch around and finally the light landed on a hunched figure lazily throwing stuff into the river.

"Taehyun?" he called out when he was a few feet away but the boy made no move to answer.

"Taehyun, babe, what are you doing there? Aren't you scared? Come let's get back to camp," he called out, moving towards the figure.

Taehyun suddenly got up in a huff. 

"Don't come near me, leave me alone," he shouted at Mino.

"Hey, what happened? What's wrong?" Mino asked at Taehyun's sudden outburst.

"You happened. You're what's wrong," Taehyun retorted.  He bent down and started grabbing whatever he could grab in his fists and started throwing them at the still approaching Mino. "I warned you, don't come closer," he shouted, throwing more dead leaves and twigs at the older boy, some managing to hit Mino in the face.

Mino was starting to get angry. He didn't think he deserved to be met with such hostility after he searched for the boy for almost half an hour. This was a forest, who knows what could have happen to a person who had never been in one.

"Nam Taehyun. Just ing calm down and tell me what's wrong without throwing a tantrum,” he shouted back, unable to move closer, afraid of being hit harder.

"You clueless stupid, dumb ," Taehyun spit out, bending down to grab a handful of dirt again.

"If you dare throw that at me again, I swear Nam Taehyun, you are going to regret it," Mino growled, unable to control his fury.

Taehyun stopped his hand mid-air, registering the words Mino said. Mino sounded really mad, and Taehyun has never seen Mino angry before. He looked a little scared.

"Do you know how ing long it took me to find you? How could you go off like that by yourself, the forest is inhabited and filled with dangerous animals. Do you know how scary it can get?" Mino continued scolding, shining the flashlight at Taehyun's face. Then he saw Taehyun's scared look and his anger subsided in an instant, regretting his harsh words.

"If you're mad at me then all you have to do is let me know Taehyun-ah, not go off and sulk by yourself. You know I'll worry," he continued in a softer tone.

Taehyun threw the dirt from his fist in a huff and turned away from Mino, walking in the opposite direction. Mino quickly ran to catch up with the boy, put a hand on his shoulder to roughly force the sulking boy to look at him.

"The hell, will you just tell me what's wrong?" Mino pleaded, trying to look into Taehyun's downturned gaze.

"You left me alone," Taehyun said shoving a fist into Mino's chest lightly.

"Is that all?" Mino asked, his frown leaving his face.

"What do you mean 'Is that all'?" Taehyun flared up pushing at the older boy harder with two hands, almost causing him to fall backwards. "You broke your promise. You said you would be by my side, not letting me get awkward with your friends but you went away on your own. Not even giving us a chance to get properly acquainted you stupid bastard," Taehyun let out in huffs.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, I didn't know better," Mino relented pulling Taehyun closer to his chest. "I sometimes forget not everyone is good at making friends," he said softly, hugging Taehyun tighter in his embrace.

"Stupid," Taehyun couldn't help repeating.

"I know, it won't happen again, I promise," Mino soothed and he could feel Taehyun's body beginning to lose the tension, even though the younger boy did not reply.

"So I guess we just had our first fight?" Mino joked trying to lighten up the atmosphere.

"Hey, you call that a fight?" Taehyun kid back, disentangling himself from Mino's arms. "Wait till I throw one of my diva-fits, then you'll know what a real fight is," he continued with a broad smile on his face.

"That was not a diva-fit?" Mino asked with mock surprise.

" you," Taehyun retorted pulling away from Mino's grasp. Mino pulled back harder, connecting their lips in a searing kiss. Taehyun's mouth seemed to gladly invite him in as the kiss deepened, and he pulled the younger boy up to his waist, mouths never leaving each other's. Their kiss was getting more heated every passing second but they were interrupted by the sound of a broken branch made by some animal, causing them to look around in worry. 

"I think we better head back to camp," Mino suggested and Taehyun agreed.

 

"Hey! Where have you guys been? Don't you know what happens to couples sneaking away in those horror movies?" Seunghoon scolded as they reached the bonfire. Mino made space for Taehyun Taehyun to sit on a log before settling down next to him.

"Are you guys telling ghost stories?" he asked as he tried to not dwell on the flushed cheeks of his boyfriend after being kissed senseless.

"Nah, Seungyoon's playing the guitar but we couldn't decide on a song, let’s play the "First impression" game instead," Zico suggested from the other side of Taehyun.

"Is there such game?" Sulli asked who was seated opposite to Zico.

"I don't know, there should be," Zico said.

"We'll make up our own," Kyung suggested from beside the Jinyoon couple.

"Or we could just tell each other our first impressions of the others," Jinwoo said calmly.

"That could work too," Seunghoon exclaimed laughing. "Okay, who wants to go first?" 

"Me, me, tell me your first impression of me," Zico said raising his hands excitedly.

"I thought you were a hobo," Krystal commented, seated between Sulli and Kyung.

"Yeah, remember he used to have those dreads, gahd, I hated that," P.O. agreed next to Mino.

"A hippie, yes, I thought you were a hippie just visiting the college," Seunghoon said.

"Bad impressions huh?" Zico said laughing.

"I thought you looked like a foreigner," Taehyun ventured.

"The good kind or the bad kind?" Zico asked.

"The normal kind," Taehyun replied. 

"I'd take that," Zico said grinning.

"Me next!" Minzy raised her hand from her seat between Zico and Seunghoon.

"Nice ," P.O. commented with a smirk.

"You ert!" Minzy scolded with a smile.

"This is mine P.O," Seunghoon said snaking an arm around Minzy's shoulders protectively.

"I thought you would be in the dance team," Krystal said.

"Yeah, you had the body of a dancer," Seunghoon said smiling at his girlfriend.

"That goes for you too Seunghoon, and you turned out to be a computer geek," Seungyoon said laughing.

"Ooooh, we both gave off the impressions of dancers," Seunghoon said giving a hi-5 to Minzy.

"What about me?" Mino asked.

"We wondered from what American hood you wandered in from," Seungyoon said, sipping on his beer.

"Yeah, remember his 3XL T-shirts and jeans that hang at his knees?" Jinwoo agreed sniggering.

"But that changed so quickly," Krystal commented.

"Yeah, coz he met Taehyun," Sulli agreed.

"Really?" Taehyun asked, amused.

"Hey, this is 'first impressions' time, not, 'Make your friends embarrassed' time," Mino scolded before the others could give replies to Taehyun's question.

"I still thought you were some gangster first time I saw you," Taehyun said smiling into his beer bottle.

"Aish, I didn't have any clean clothes to wear that day," Mino defended.

"You know what day I'm talking about?" Taehyun asked.

"Of course," Mino replied simply.

"This is not 'Confession time' either lovebirds," Seunghoon scolded.

"Okay, what about me then?" Taehyun ventured shyly.

"I thought you would be a prick," Minzy said truthfully.

"Hey hey Minzy, what did we say about being too frank?" Mino scolded, probably worried for his boyfriend. Taehyun suddenly regretted opening his mouth.

"Let me finish, you ," Minzy scolded back. "No, seriously, I thought you would be snobby and stuff, but I believe you aren't from today," she concluded.

"Me too, me too, you once blew us off totally before, but I'm really glad you came today coz now we see the real and nice side of you," Krystal agreed.

"Same here, you even tried to cook without even knowing how," Seunghoon said remembering the pork belly incident.

"I'm really sorry about that," Taehyun apologized again.

"No worries, you at least tried," Seunghoon said raising his glass to the awkward boy making the latter smile in relief.

"Aw babe, you cooked?" Mino asked as he bumped shoulders with Taehyun while the younger scoffed.

"My little brother doesn’t even know, aish, Taehyun-ah. I know he can be a real at times, so if he ever made you mad just tell me okay, we'll kick his for you," Seunghoon promised.

"Actually, he did make me mad today," Taehyun said, feeling a little courageous after hearing such nice words from the others.

"Already? What did he do?" Seunghoon questioned in mock anger.

"Babe, he's really going to kick my ," Mino pleaded but Taehyun wouldn't relent. He was having too much fun.

"Don't let him emotionally blackmail you, he has to learn," Seunghoon told Taehyun while the others watched the little play unfolding in front of them at Mino's expense.

"I told him I'm not good at socializing and he promised he'd act as middle person between all of us but he went and left me alone the whole evening," Taehyun said acting out his sad role.

"This little !" Seunghoon said getting up, looking around him to pick up a long stick. "You know how we come off as strange and crude to other prople and you still left him alone to fend for himself among us? Zico, pull at his ear," he thundered pointing his stick at Mino who had gotten on his knees, rubbing his palms together pleading for mercy.

"Hyung will give you the biggest beating ever," Seunghoon said moving from his seat when Mino escaped from Zico's ear pulling and the three chased each other around camp, coming back to the fireside after they were worn out.

 

"You're a mean boyfriend," Mino pouted at Taehyun when they came back to the bonfire. Taehyun gave an apologetic peck to the pouting lips.

They all decided it was time to settle in for beds as the fire had burnt out.

"But we didn't do first impressions of me," Jinwoo complained to his boyfriend.

"You're pretty," Kyung commented and that brightened Jinwoo's face.

"Yea, we all thought you were the prettiest boy ever," Zico agreed.

"Really?" Jinwoo exclaimed happily.

"Yes honey, you're the prettiest boy to ever walk our college halls," Seungyoon said grabbing hold of Jinwoo's lips to meet him in a sweet kiss. 

"Not prettier than mine," Mino suggested holding onto Taehyun's shoulders.

"I'm NOT pretty," Taehyun rejected the compliment furiously.

"Gahd, you're all making us gag, just hurry and sleep off your drunkenness," P.O. commented as they all entered their respective tents, Mino and Taehyun in one tent.

"No hanky panky guys, you know what happens to couples who can't control themselves in the forest," Seunghoon warned ominously as he peeked into their tent, making the couple blush.

"Speak for yourself hyung," Mino said throwing a pillow at Seunghoon.

*****

 

The next morning, Taehyun woke up to find the space next to him empty. He got up groggily and moved out of the tent to see the girls preparing breakfast.

"Morning," he said yawning and they greeted him back cheerily. "Where's everyone?" he asked looking around.

"The guys discovered a mud pit down the river and decided to play in it," Sulli answered while whisking eggs in a bowl.

"Stupid boys leaving us with the breakfast duties," Krystal huffed.

"I think you can hear their shouts from here, why don't you go join them?" Sulli suggested but Taehyun was a little hesitant.

"You don't need help?" he asked instead.

"Not really," she replied smiling sweetly.

"What can you even do? You might just end up burning the campsite," Krystal said urging him to go join the other boys.

"You sure?" he asked again, unsure. He had already decided he liked Krystal best and wanted to help her out if she needed him.

"She was just kidding. Krystal loves to cook, it's her hobby," Minzy offered kindly, telling Taehyun that they were fine so he trudged off following the sound of what sounded like Seunghoon and Mino screaming.

He finally reached the mud pit in the riverbank, which seemed shallow enough because all seven boys were in it playing what seemed to be a dirty version of Korean wrestling.

 

"Oh finally, we wondered when you were planning on waking up," Zico said when he noticed Taehyun approaching.  Taehyun gave a timid wave of hello.

"We completely forgot you were under-aged and we fed you all that soju," Kyung said apologetically.

"Okay, now that Taehyun is here, we are even numbered and we can start the real game now," Mino said going towards his boyfriend to give him a muddy peck on the cheek. Taehyun scrunched his face at that, wiping furiously at his cheek. Mino was covered head to toe in mud.

"What makes you think I'm going to join your stupid game?” Taehyun retorted, hands on his waist.

"Taehyun-ah, look here, there are seven of us," Seunghoon started.

"And there's only one of you," Zico continued wiggling his eyebrows.

"You wouldn't dare!" Taehyun said backing away from the pit.

"Yes we would," the others chorused.

"Song Mino, if you dare..." Taehyun started but Mino was already on him, arms around his torso and carried him towards the pit. Taehyun tried to struggle out of the tight grasp but he was immersed in the pit in an instant with Mino's arms still holding him tight.

The others cheered loudly at that. Taehyun could not run away anymore. They hurriedly decided the leaders of the teams—Zico and Seunghoon—and played rock-paper-scissors to decide the team members. Taehyun prayed the he wouldn’t be the last one chosen and his prayers were answered when Zico chose him instead of Mino, resulting in his boyfriend letting out a stream of curses.

Mino and Taehyun were on opposite teams. Taehyun's team consisted of Jinwoo and Kyung, the last person chosen because of his small stature. Mino's team got Seungyoon and P.O. and finally the game commenced.

The JinYoon couple was pitted against each other and Seungyoon won within seconds. Everyone cried foul which led to Zico screaming at Jinwoo because it was obvious he was letting his boyfriend win. Taehyun wondered why they were so competitive and raised his arms in question.

"What are we playing for anyway?" he asked the others who went all quiet, looking at him in confusion. Taehyun let out a tired sigh and continued. "You mean to say we are here getting our asses whipped for nothing?" he asked again when everyone looked dumfounded.

"Hey, we should've thought of that before," Kyung agreed sheepishly.

"Okay, the losing team cleans up the campsite, even the tents," Mino suggested flexing his barely-there muscles at Taehyun.

"That's a disadvantage for us.  I'll agree if the JinYoon couple can start their round again," Zico was scared and everyone finally agreed after much argument. Zico put Jinwoo on a chokehold and threatened him with his fists balled up, making the older boy squirm and promising to try his best. Zico finally let go and the wrestling began again.

Seungyoon still managed to win after a few minutes of battle, then it was Kyung and P.O.'s turn and to everyone's surprise, Kyung won over the other easily making it a tie. Taehyun begged Zico to let him have a go at Mino; he wanted to have his revenge. 

"Babe, I'm not gonna go easy on you," Mino warned with a confident smile.

"You're going to be my here in this pit," Taehyun shot back. The other boys let out a loud cheer at Taehyun's words.

"We'll see about that, you know I hate cleaning the most," Mino said as they got in their positions facing each other. Taehyun slapped his thighs in the most savage manner.

The battle was over in an instant, Taehyun emerging victorious that led him to be carried by Zico and Kyung, with Jinwoo shouting his disbelief.

"Wah, I didn't know you were so flexible," Mino exclaimed in bewilderment, wiping the mud from his face. Taehyun had skillfully outmaneuvered the bigger boy causing him to fall flat on his face.

"There are still a lot of things you don't know about me babe," Taehyun said winking at Mino as he was put down, making the other boys cheer again.

Unfortunately, Zico lost to Seunghoon and the game was tied. Nobody wanted to go against Taehyun so Kyung and Seungyoon were pitted against each other. Kyung won again and Mino's team had the job of cleaning up.

 

Sulli came over to inform the boys that breakfast was ready when they were celebrating so they hurriedly jumped into the river to clean up. Taehyun watched as the others took off their muddy clothes to bathe semi- in the water and he suddenly felt conscious, fidgeting in the riverbank.

"Come on in, the water's not that cold," Mino called from inside the water but Taehyun hesitated.

"Maybe your boy is shy," Kyung suggested before diving in the water, making Taehyun blush.

"Awww, nothing to be shy about, what will you do when you go to the army huh?" Mino said lifting his hand towards Taehyun.

"Fine," Taehyun said resigned as he took off his shirt.

"Mino, close your mouth you're going to drool," Seunghoon laughed causing Mino to turn in shock. He splashed water at his hyung in retort. Taehyun took off his pajamas too and was left only in his boxers like the others. He suddenly felt very .

"Taehyun-ah, get in the water fast before Mino disappears into a puddle and melt," Zico shouted and Taehyun hurriedly jumped in beside Mino.

"Now who's shy eh?" Taehyun couldn't help making fun of Mino's reddened cheeks before he hurried to wash himself. Mino lied. The water was absolutely freezing.

*****

 

Everyone was tired out on their ride back to campus that night; there was no more singing or shouts of excitement. Taehyun fidgeted in his seat again, trying to get some sleep.

"These seats are so uncomfortable," he whined.

"Aww, our little prince is not used to bus rides?" Mino teased.

" you, do you know how hard of a time I had on the way here," Taehyun huffed.

"Wanna sleep on my lap?" Mino suggested.

"How? That would be even more uncomfortable," Taehyun said thinking about their seat positions. 

"I know how," Mino said getting up from his seat and exchanging it with Taehyun's window seat. "Come sit on my lap," he offered.

"What? No way," Taehyun said looking at the others.

"Come on, you want to be comfy or not? The others are all asleep anyway," Mino said.  Everyone was asleep except for P.O. who was driving the bus.

Taehyun relented because he was really tired, and he settled himself on Mino's lap sideways, resting his head on Mino's shoulder and half of his back against the wall, his legs settled on the now empty seat beside Mino and his hand on Mino's chest.

"This IS comfy," he said looking up to Mino smiling.

"Told you, now go to sleep," Mino said giving the satisfied boy a kiss on his forehead, arms wrapped tightly around the younger in support as they slowly drifted off to sleep.

 

 

"Hey guys, wake up," someone was nudging them awake causing Taehyun to almost fall to the floor in embarrassment.

"We've reached home," Seunghoon announced.

"Already? Why didn't you wake me up to drive?" Mino asked rubbing his eyes and then cursed out loud the next second. "My legs are dead!" The words caused Taehyun to look away in guilt.

"Nah, you guys were too cute we couldn't possibly have the heart to disturb you," Krystal says.

"And I drove in your stead," Minzy announced.

"I didn't know you could drive," Mino said smiling as they all got down from the bus.

"Woah, just because I'm a girl..." Minzy retorted but didn't get to finish her sentence because her boyfriend cut her off.

"Babe, don't start, he didn't mean it like that," Seunghoon shushed his girlfriend.

"And I took a picture of you two," Sulli said excitedly to Taehyun while the boys were busy taking their equipment from the luggage box. Mino was still trying to get the blood to flow back on his legs.

"Delete it," Taehyun asked blushing when he saw Sulli's phone screen. The photo looked very intimate and he was a little embarrassed.

"No way, send it to me first," Mino called out from the other side of the bus.

"Of course honey, I can even print it out for you," Sulli called back ignoring Taehyun.

"You're the best!" Mino shouted back.

 

"Hey, Taehyun-ah," Seunghoon called out handing him a sleeping bag to carry in both hands. "It's pretty late so why don't you just spend the night here at the dorms?" he asked.

"Will that be okay?" Taehyun wasn't sure.

"Of course, it would be too tiring to drive back at this hour," Zico suggested.

"Thanks hyung," he said smiling.

"Hey, you refused to call me hyung but you call Zico, hyung?" Mino complained coming up beside Taehyun.

"I'll call you hyung instead of baby?" Taehyun joked.

"Nope, baby's fine, baby's perfect," Mino relented rubbing their noses together.

The others around them made gagging noises at the two, holding their fingers inside open mouths at Mino's cheesiness.

"How do you even put up with this guy?" Kyung asked.

"I ask myself that every day," Taehyun joked back.

"But is it really okay for me to spend the night here?" 

"Sure. Besides, Mino told me you're a neat freak, and our rooms are in need of your touch," Kyung joked as they entered their dorm building.

 *****

It's like being the square peg

Except somewhere there is a place I fit

At least that is what someone perceives

For me, the square peg

I can't even seem to wedge myself into the square holes

-Timothy D. Prott

 

A/N: Special thanks to Ayen for helping to make this chapter so much better, Elai for suggesting a mud scene and Shanialuz for suggesting a camp scene (I don't know if this is what you pictured but I hope you liked it. As you can see, I take all your suggestions into careful consideration so please, if you have anything to say, I wanna know. 

On another note, DAYUMM did you all see Mino in that bathrobe? That y mother father. I feel like wringing his neck in frustration because just a second ago he was so cutely playing with his rubber ducks and then BAM!! iness overload!!